AA this season in West TN

dmm88

Yes he can, but in a new 15-AA with Liberty, Covington and Haywood they are gonna struggle. Coach Starks is doing a good job down there. Manassas and Craigmont will be solid. Both were hit by graduation.

This guy knows nothing about Manassas! lol Manassas is returning 4 starters and 5 players off the bench from last years team! They also added the best freshman class in Memphis! lol

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he can, but in a new 15-AA with Liberty, Covington and Haywood they are gonna struggle. Coach Starks is doing a good job down there. Manassas and Craigmont will be solid. Both were hit by graduation.

This person don't have a clue!!! lol

Manasas retured everybody and Douglas and Egypt Ranked in that state! Those 3 will have a say in this come playoff time!!!

Megatron. I don't know if you are right in saying that one of those teams will have to go to Memphis. The regions are set up different this year, and Haywood is in region 8 now.(Not sure which district hosts the region) I would say Haywood is the favorite to win Region 8. No disrespect to Douglas, Manassas, or Raleigh-Egypt. I think those 3 and Haywood are all better than the number 2 team from Region 7. But, I would predict South Side and Haywood to host the substate games and both to advance to state. It wouldn't be a huge shock to see one of those 3 knock off Haywood or South Side, but it would definitely be an upset. South Side has already beaten Raleigh-Egypt this year and Haywood has beaten Southwind, neither should be underestimated.

ok Mega...thanks...now my next question is...of those teams u mentioned...what is it that has pushed them over the top from last season...from the scores i researched...sheffield and mitchell seemed to keep those guys at bay with relative ease the last few seasons

so how did they get over that hump and become better...good enough to take mitchells spot at the boro...if u will

South Side will cruise through district and regionals. The potential #1 and #2 seeds in 13-AA would be Westview and Obion County. South Side hammered Westview by 40 in the Hall of Fame Classic in November, and Obion County has Chandler Fussell, very solid kid, but South Side would wipe the floor with those guys. Substate would be either Manassas or Douglass coming to South Side, and we know what they did to Sheffield last year.

ok Mega...thanks...now my next question is...of those teams u mentioned...what is it that has pushed them over the top from last season...from the scores i researched...sheffield and mitchell seemed to keep those guys at bay with relative ease the last few seasons

so how did they get over that hump and become better...good enough to take mitchells spot at the boro...if u will

1st thing Mitchell is not standing in their way anymore! lol 2nd Memphis has team much better then a lot of schools @ state but we just beat each other up and now only two teams from the entire west tennessee can make state with the new regions. Sheffield is still good this year with wins over Douglas and Egypt! Douglas and Egypt Ranked top teams in the state but nobody giving them a shot? When does the numbers say last six years about 2A teams making it to State from Memphis?