AA this season in West TN

dmm88

South Side will cruise through district and regionals. The potential #1 and #2 seeds in 13-AA would be Westview and Obion County. South Side hammered Westview by 40 in the Hall of Fame Classic in November, and Obion County has Chandler Fussell, very solid kid, but South Side would wipe the floor with those guys. Substate would be either Manassas or Douglass coming to South Side, and we know what they did to Sheffield last year.

Manassas is a much better team then sheffield from last

year!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok Mega...thanks...now my next question is...of those teams u mentioned...what is it that has pushed them over the top from last season...from the scores i researched...sheffield and mitchell seemed to keep those guys at bay with relative ease the last few seasons

so how did they get over that hump and become better...good enough to take mitchells spot at the boro...if u will

that implies that i realize mitchell is not in AA anymore...

1st thing Mitchell is not standing in their way anymore! lol 2nd Memphis has team much better then a lot of schools @ state but we just beat each other up and now only two teams from the entire west tennessee can make state with the new regions. Sheffield is still good this year with wins over Douglas and Egypt! Douglas and Egypt Ranked top teams in the state but nobody giving them a shot? When does the numbers say last six years about 2A teams making it to State from Memphis?

read my post correctly please...

to ur 2nd point...no you dont...this isnt AAA ball were talking about...its AA

3rd...sheffield may be good again this year...but how exactly did they improve enough to get past jackson south side...south side has more scoring options this year than they did last year...

lastly...far as i know...mitchell was the only memphis team to make it to the boro on a consistent basis over the last few years...so yes...thats my measuring stick...in saying...district 14AA has been represented by bolivar...liberty and jackson south side last year and this year...and a few times both bolivar and liberty...meaning no memphis schools

i dont wana knock memphis...i just wana know who u think is coming out to play at substate and explain why they are going to be able to take mitchells spot as the team to beat from memphis in AA

SS only beat egypt by 15 points in the game earlier this year and only beat BTW by 5...That helps me to understand Douglas and Manassas has a chance vs them. The Memphis team that has to trael for sectionals will have a hard time because the refs help those west tenn teams on the road. the team that has to come to Memphis to see either Manassas or Douglas will be just like the last few that came to face Mitchell, goibg HOME! Manassas is about the only team that could win a road game @ sectionals. Why? because they returned 9 players and then took in another 5 players who can play. they are 15 deep so foul trouble don't affect them too much!