12A Basketball

RedTang

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mustangs could not miss a shot. Everything they through up went in and all shots were contested. The Vikings were down by eighteen with five minutes to go and went on a tear and had a chance at the end off of a missed free throw but the shooters foot was on the line and it was counted a two point field goal instead of a three. It was a heartbreaker but the Vikings played better then they have and Loretto has a 6'5, 6'6 kid in Fleming and he was all over the back of Perry County but of course no calls. 

The Mustangs could not miss a shot. Everything they through up went in and all shots were contested. The Vikings were down by eighteen with five minutes to go and went on a tear and had a chance at the end off of a missed free throw but the shooters foot was on the line and it was counted a two point field goal instead of a three. It was a heartbreaker but the Vikings played better then they have and Loretto has a 6'5, 6'6 kid in Fleming and he was all over the back of Perry County but of course no calls. 

Vikings were down by 18 right before we started the 4th and Loretto couldn't hit from that point forward and had too many turnovers.  Perry county was the one who hit anything and everything they shot in the 4th.  We had defensive breakdowns and they made the shots when it counted and almost pulled that one out.  Loretto was lucky to get that win.  As for Fleming he had 4 fouls and 3 were over the back calls.  Loretto also had like 16 fouls in the first half alone compared to maybe 8 for Perry county I think Perry County got its share of the calls.

The game was called as good as can be expected with the piss poor officials we have!  As for the district, PC should have beat loretto as well as Summertown.  PC has beaten themselves in every game except the Waverly game. The rest of PC's season will depend on our turnovers, shot selection and whether or not the players play as a team and buy into the system! 

Everybody's prediction on the 2013-2014 season: Collinwood Class 1A State Basketball Champions. Union City, Humboldt, Mitchell, Middleton, South Fulton has no chance of beating these boys of destiny down southeast. I live in West Tennessee in the Jackson area and i know good talent when i see it and if Mitchell, Union City, or Humboldt doesn't win the State Championship then something is terribly wrong with the system. They'll win District, Region, and possibly a Sub-State game but will not beat either one of those five teams.

These Collinwood fans don't have anything on the Perry County fans during their run 2 years ago

Cwood has a talented team.  They will make a good run at the end of the year.  I hope that they do.  They are excited about the talent level that they have and if any of the other teams had that level of talent in this district their folks would be excited too.