12A Basketball

RedTang

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks as though we will to put up with the same type of play all year. Against Perry Co. we  came out bombing the three pointers and wholesale substituting.  Rebounding was poor (except for Scott).  We are not playing as a team.  True, we won by 15, but it should have been 30. I think this team could be a good young team if they learn to play as a team.  But as long as we keep having the wholesale substitutions and keep taking the 2 for 27 percentage three point shots and do not rebound we will see the Summertown tradition of winning keep sliding back.

If the 2015 & 2016 classes can learn to play together Summertown will have a couple good seasons ahead of them the next 2 years. After that there will be a large drop off of talent and winning tradition. The effect of Coach Trotter leaving will really start showing. He had the ability to advance the skills of the kids with displine and a strong practice ethic. The up & coming kids coming through the Saturday league and the middle school programs are poorly coached. There is no effort to make this better and it will show over the next few years. There will be a down cycle for a few years. The middle school program has not had any leadership and has been neglected for years. Trotter had the ability to pull the kids out of it and set up summer teams to help. Coach Hunt may have that ability but it hasn't shown yet. Coach McGill seems to have taken over the girls program middle through highschool and is showing alot effort to make them better. Hunt needs to get involved with the boys program with the same effort.

Any way Perry County has a chance tomorrow night against Collinwood?

Will the games be played tonite? I'd like to see the PC/Cwood game but PC out of school today and the weather could get bad.  How about the Stown/WC game I think it is at Waynesboro?  I saw somewhere that the FH/Loretto game time had been moved up because of the weather.  If anyone happens to hear any word let it be known. 

I'm quessing:  Cwood over PC,  FH over Loretto & WC over Stown. 

If the 2015 & 2016 classes can learn to play together Summertown will have a couple good seasons ahead of them the next 2 years. After that there will be a large drop off of talent and winning tradition. The effect of Coach Trotter leaving will really start showing. He had the ability to advance the skills of the kids with displine and a strong practice ethic. The up & coming kids coming through the Saturday league and the middle school programs are poorly coached. There is no effort to make this better and it will show over the next few years. There will be a down cycle for a few years. The middle school program has not had any leadership and has been neglected for years. Trotter had the ability to pull the kids out of it and set up summer teams to help. Coach Hunt may have that ability but it hasn't shown yet. Coach McGill seems to have taken over the girls program middle through highschool and is showing alot effort to make them better. Hunt needs to get involved with the boys program with the same effort.

I could not agree more, any successful program starts with a commitment from the coach, which the Summertown Jr High boys program does not have. Evidenced by missing multiple practices and games, unacceptable, if you are not going to commit, get out. It is not fair to the kids playing, because they are not getting prepared for high school and like Alumni12A said, it is starting to show, starting with this years sophomore class and down. The sophomore class is really making improvements, but they did not come into high school where they should have, skill wise. A change is in need if this program wants to continue a winning tradition.

Edited by Eaglehoops9450

Will the games be played tonite? I'd like to see the PC/Cwood game but PC out of school today and the weather could get bad.  How about the Stown/WC game I think it is at Waynesboro?  I saw somewhere that the FH/Loretto game time had been moved up because of the weather.  If anyone happens to hear any word let it be known. 

I have heard that Cwood/PC game has been cancelled for tonite.  Has anyone else heard that news. 

I do know that Loretto and Frank Hughes was moved up an hour. 

But I have to disagree with the call of FH over Loretto.  Loretto has two starters that had one practice prior to the Richland game due to football and only four prior to the Lawrenceburg game.  granted Loretto has a lot of work to do but give Loretto some time and they have potential to be just fine.  They have good size and good players.  They just need time to play together and get back in the grove.

Well scratch the Loretto/FH game as well.  postponed due to weather.  Loretto tried to have it played last night but FH had a jr high game going on and would not reschedule.

There's only one bus in Clifton. lol        The Stown/WC game has been scratched too.