Cloudland bye week

THE KING

Thoughts on the Landers season so far?  I think the Landers are on a steamroll.  Since week 0, I've watched this team improve leaps and bounds on the offensive side of the ball.  The offense is hard to stop.  Tri cities and their ball hawking defense stacked the box to stop Whitehead and Birchfield but the Landers went 8-11 passing with Whitehead hitting a streaking Benfield for a beautiful 26 yard touchdown pass.  The Landers have several weapons with speed to go the distance.  I'm liking how Coach Pittman has evolved this offense and I'm sure we haven't even seen all of it.  I know some don't like putting our team on a high level.  Some actually thought we would have trouble with Tri cities athletes but this defense is good. 16 carries for only 14 yards.  I know it was against an inferior opponent but my point is the defense is the best I've seen in years.  I'm excited to see how the D will match up against the likes of powerful offenses like GB and CF.  Those teams are the measuring stick of how the game is played in 1A.  We've got to go out there and show that we can compete  and be in the game in the 4th quarter.  I don't think we'll get the respect until we do that. JMO

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel like all of these kids have worked hard to get where they are at,a lot of great kids on this team.I'm a little surpised they are 6-0 but thought they would be somewhere around there.Hopfully they can keep it up,and win out i would really love to see them finish 10-0 maybe 2nd or 3rd round of playoffs.A whitehead is a BEAST.can't help looking ahead to week 10 work with alot of bulldogs,a win would make going to work a lot easier.rest up and get healthy Highlanders. Oh yeah go Lady Cyclones

Yessir u are right Miller. Whitehead is a beast . Keeping him healthy will be key. He loves to make people dread tackling him when he carries the ball. But we gotta realize the big boys up front that are working their butts off to pave a a way for these guys that get all the credit. I know it takes a team effort to play and especially to win. But the O and D line need a pat on the back and a little more credit . I'm proud of all of them . Heck the 2nd teamers looked good Friday night in the 4th. #6(Arnett) had a dandy carry the last play of the game as well. He has some wheels on him. I'm looking forward to watching them boys progress!

Yessir u are right Miller. Whitehead is a beast . Keeping him healthy will be key. He loves to make people dread tackling him when he carries the ball. But we gotta realize the big boys up front that are working their butts off to pave a a way for these guys that get all the credit. I know it takes a team effort to play and especially to win. But the O and D line need a pat on the back and a little more credit . I'm proud of all of them . Heck the 2nd teamers looked good Friday night in the 4th. #6(Arnett) had a dandy carry the last play of the game as well. He has some wheels on him. I'm looking forward to watching them boys progress!

oh yeah the big boys up front are what makes this team go,i know what it's like on the line these boys do their jobs very well & they deserve a lot of credit.Watch for N.Blair to be a man among boys in a few years,just like to see him get a little of a MEAN streak in him.

oh yeah the big boys up front are what makes this team go,i know what it's like on the line these boys do their jobs very well & they deserve a lot of credit.Watch for N.Blair to be a man among boys in a few years,just like to see him get a little of a MEAN streak in him.

I like the power package.  We could line up and run the ball on people out of it if we had too.  This year we actually have the line to hurt people up front.  Its good that we can go under center in those short yard situations.