Walker Valley Playday - Nov. 2nd

bballbuzzard

I believe that Marion County looked awfully impressive on Saturday while missing two starters. Their offense was clicking on all cylinders but they can play alot better defense. Their rebounding was also lack luster but come season time they will be hard to keep of the boards. The 6'8 guy from Walker Valley looked alright but John Watts from Marion County looked very good.

I heard Rhea County and Heritage (believe it or not) were pretty impressive. I was told Rhea County won every game easily, although I don't know for sure. Someone said Heritage beat Walker Valley pretty badly, beat McMinn County and almost beat McMinn Central. I don't know who played with/without their football players, so it's really hard to get a read. Isn't Rhea County a pretty veteran team? I don't know much about the teams in that area.

i was at the walker valley scrimmages sat. and i think it's too early to tell howw good teams are at this early point of the season. Rhea Co. looked very strong even with zach hyatte playing with two fingers on his shooting hand taped up because of a dislocated index finger that he sustained in practice that thursday. they really didn't have any close games so the jury is still out on them.james garmany, josh smith and corey gillespie all played well. coach crowder did an excellent job of rotating all of his players, and the whole team responded with a great effort. i didn't get to see every team, but i was impressed with the potential of walker valley. i think as the season progresses, they will be a team to be reckoned with. they have size, good guard play and pretty good speed. i look for them to improve greatly.

[Edited by coachro on 11-4-02 7:57P]

i was at the walker valley scrimmages sat. and i think it's too early to tell howw good teams are at this early point of the season. Rhea Co. looked very strong even with zach hyatte playing with two fingers on his shooting hand taped up because of a dislocated index finger that he sustained in practice that thursday. they really didn't have any close games so the jury is still out on them.james garmany, josh smith and corey gillespie all played well. coach crowder did an excellent job of rotating all of his players, and the whole team responded with a great effort. i didn't get to see every team, but i was impressed with the potential of walker valley. i think as the season progresses, they will be a team to be reckoned with. they have size, good guard play and pretty good speed. i look for them to improve in leaps and bounds.