CHARGERFAN

So, the district looks like:

Covington 3-0

Liberty 2-1

JNS 2-1

JCM 1-2

Haywood 1-2

Ripley 0-3

Covington has taken a nice lead here, having defeated both of the 2-1 teams. With Ripley up next for the Chargers, I believe that they could clinch the District title with a win at Tiny Knee Stadium next week. That would put the Chargers out of reach for both Liberty and JNS, since Covington won the head to head matchup with each. In case either one wins out to finish 4-1 in the district, they could tie us at best.

I was worried earlier in the year when folks were so confident that the Jackson teams were going to fight over the District like yard dogs over a bone, with little mention of Covington as a contender. Our little squad of 35 players has showed lots of heart and stamina to position themselves at this spot.

Oh, and in case you have not heard, folks, both the Covington freshman squad and Crestview Middle School have gone undefeated this year. Help is on the way for our undermanned varsity squad.

Edited by CHARGERFAN

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Covington 3-0

Liberty 2-1

JNS 2-1

JCM 1-2

Haywood 1-2

Ripley 0-3

Covington has taken a nice lead here, having defeated both of the 2-1 teams. With Ripley up next for the Chargers, I believe that they could clinch the District title with a win at Tiny Knee Stadium next week. That would put the Chargers out of reach for both Liberty and JNS, since Covington won the head to head matchup with each. In case either one wins out to finish 4-1 in the district, they could tie us at best.

I was worried earlier in the year when folks were so confident that the Jackson teams were going to fight over the District like yard dogs over a bone, with little mention of Covington as a contender. Our little squad of 35 players has showed lots of heart and stamina to position themselves at this spot.

Oh, and in case you have not heard, folks, both the Covington freshman squad and Crestview Middle School have gone undefeated this year. Help is on the way for our undermanned varsity squad.

i was really impressed by ur fairweather fans...outstanding...almost as awesome as the refs this fine day

i expected covington to have several hundred fans...not a few dozen...do they only come out if theyre expecting an undefeated season or a championship run???

Edited by dhstennis

i was really impressed by ur fairweather fans...outstanding...almost as awesome as the refs this fine day

i expected covington to have several hundred fans...not a few dozen...do they only come out if theyre expecting an undefeated season or a championship run???

Not sure what game you attended? Covington had a fairly nice crowd. Our home stands are huge, so that may have fooled you. Liberty, on the other hand, could have put all their fans on a couple of school buses. I know that the school is fairly new, so I assume that you have not built up much of a traveling fan base so far. That's understandable.

Check out our crowd next year when we travel to Jackson. Covington has a lot of fans who travel to away games. Don't take my word for it. Let's ask for comments from fans of teams that Covington plays. Do we bring a good crowd on the road when we come to your stadium?   

Not sure what game you attended? Covington had a fairly nice crowd. Our home stands are huge, so that may have fooled you. Liberty, on the other hand, could have put all their fans on a couple of school buses. I know that the school is fairly new, so I assume that you have not built up much of a traveling fan base so far. That's understandable.

Check out our crowd next year when we travel to Jackson. Covington has a lot of fans who travel to away games. Don't take my word for it. Let's ask for comments from fans of teams that Covington plays. Do we bring a good crowd on the road when we come to your stadium?   

i think u guys had around 200...nothing like the postseason last year...thats what i was expecting   our fans...or parents or whatever u wana call them...hardly ever show for games...homecoming of course is the biggest crowd but i would debate with anyone that many are just from the community and not associated with the school in any way

i tell myself that our parents are out working nightshift to take care of their families

nice game...hope we see u in the playoffs...

Congrats Chargers on your win...I was plerasanly surprized ...LT must have same problems as previous years....

I thought Liberty looked pretty good, but they were not able to move the ball on offense like Brighton and Dyer County had with their spread offenses. Either their offense is a little behind those teams, or our D took it up another notch last week.

You also have to wonder if over scheduling is an issue for their team. Getting blown out in several games early in the season sets a losing tone that may carry over into later games, IMHO.

I thought Liberty looked pretty good, but they were not able to move the ball on offense like Brighton and Dyer County had with their spread offenses. Either their offense is a little behind those teams, or our D took it up another notch last week.

You also have to wonder if over scheduling is an issue for their team. Getting blown out in several games early in the season sets a losing tone that may carry over into later games, IMHO.

over scheduling has nothing to do with it chargerfan...we were "blown out" in 1 game...brentwood academy...we didnt stand a chance and maybe had A 1st down b4 half

we were beating henry co at half and 3 possessions into the 3rd quarter...we were down 1 TD to mus at half...in both of those games we had guys out due to injury (3 lineman vs HC, devin bush and our kicker vs mus)   u might remember bush, #2, the guy that slashed ur D over and over for 25 and 30 yards a carry in the 1st half...and then for whatever reason he didnt get the ball in the 2nd half...ur D played well as expected and when 1 of ur lineman fell on our qb after a bad snap we lost him for the game and a freshmen took over in the 2nd quarter...he played well leading us down the field multiple times but the play calling was definitely limited with the fear of him missing a read and turning the ball over thru the air...

we were in the redzone multiple times in the game and came away without points...also the chargers 1st TD of the game was awfully similar to the one they had in the semis last year...95 yard run on the 2nd offensive snap, a misdirection play and a nasty cut back...and see ya...i personally thought we had fixed that...the chargers ability to convert 3rd and longs a handful of times in the 2nd half kept our offense off the field and ultimately won u the game...nicely done

i would like to say that well meet again but at this point theres no guarantee that well make the postseason...however quad 3 looks pretty lame other than PC at this point...so if we do get in its a good possibility that well be coming back to ur place...actually not since its an odd year ud have to come to us...

Edited by dhstennis

'dhs' I for one would not have ever thought LT would be in this postion at this point of season..

thats what happens when u choke bud...id like to say that were fine and taking down NS and ripley wont be an issue...but we havent beaten the indians in 4 years no matter how good or bad theyve been...

i personally think they wont score but we have to survive tonight and still be healthy to make that happen

Covington 3-0

Liberty 2-1

JNS 2-1

JCM 1-2

Haywood 1-2

Ripley 0-3

what game are you going to this week charger???