Chattanooga Central vs. Brainerd

getpounded

Headhunter, there is a lot of smoke for there not to be a tiny flame somewhere. Lots of rumors flying from he is staying to Benny Monroe taking over....only one that knows is coach Allen. At this point it would be best for everyone if he just told the team his intentions. My son tells me a different rumor everyday and it is obvious the kids are in limbo and it is showing on the field.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a dog in this fight, but seeing as how Allen is always "looking", I thought that the Purple faithful would like some numbers crunched.

Central may in fact be better off if Allen was to leave, according to the numbers.

Allen at Bradley, 2005 (1-9) 10% winning

Bradley since, 2006-2013 (41-40) 50.6%

Allen at Silverdale, 2006-2010 (23-29) 44 %

Silverdale since, 2011-2013 (21-8) 72%

Allen at Central, 2011-2013 (8-19) 29%

As they say on ESPN, numbers never lie B)

So, as an outsider looking in I just wanted to see what the records said.  I wish Central the best of luck with the rest of the year.  You guys (especially the players) deserve a great season.

well, i have heard from a very reliable source that j.allen has made the statement that he is leaving after the season and he will NOT be the coach next yr.   surely everyone can see that.  the kids can.... and THAT shows.  i think that they should give that job to a coach that the kids will PLAY for....that has to be either COOK or CARTER. time to hire from WITHIN the orginization.   someone the kids have a relationship with.   The kids like both and i think will play harder for either one of them. 

i am not sure Carter is even interested in a football coaching position, he may be though. Cook for sure and would be a good one i think.  

Rumors of coaches interested are flying like crazy....i have heard a lot of names but these are all from kids on the team so I know none of them are even remotely true.  

I heard a rumor Friday night that Coach Allen has a job waiting on him in north Ga. Who knows???

This why i said the other day if Coach Allen knows what he is going to do he should just tell the team one way or the other.

I am back. It is 12:30 in the morning and we have just been released from the hospital. Said she needs to keep taking her medication for the next 10 days and go see her regular physician. She has 60 percent blockage in 2 of the arteries that feed blood to her intestines. If it was 80 percent they would have to put in a stint to aid that circulation. Said she would have to watch that and will need to get an arterio gram done. Any way it is good to be home. Thanks for the prayers. It goes a long way. Now what is the latest on our Pounders. Are the kids keeping a good attitude? PFL

The Pounders play Howard this week. How many will be there from our side? Listen, the last time we played over tere-2 years ago, at the end of game and walking back to the parking lot there were police cars everywhere. Come to find out that a student from another school that we played recently had been caught with a gun on his possession and they finally got him. Now my question is this going to be a problem this year? If so why can they not stop this and can the fans and players be safe? I will name the school and the troll from close by will be upset. But can a safe atmosphere be obtained for everyone? What will the county school administration do for everyone's safety? Go Pounders.

OK..they actually went well past 4 yesterday.  As far as some team/player issues..well the biggest problem right now just to be honest---QB has got to get rid of the ball and make decisions quicker.  At this point he needs to be more mature and make better passes.  He blew several plays Friday.  Also..the defense has got to WAKE UP and come to play.  We gave up 20 points in the first half.  Fridays loss can't blame Allen.  Last years problems with kid/kids from another school causing problems were from Tyner.  No need in pulling any punches.  We can and will go to the playoffs.  GO POUNDERS!