Whose still wrestling in college from Tennessee?

tnwrestler123

My goodness! Does King got it going on or what?

That's lots of hardware & what... 6-7 state champs? Moorman still coach there?

UTC has Austin Woods, Campbell Lewis, Marvin Lopez, John Shrader, Michael Hooker, Parker Smith, Barret Walthall, Trey Stavrum, Scotty Boykin, Michael Kennedy, Jordan Davis, Byron Smith

Edited by cowboypete

UTC has Austin Woods, Campbell Lewis, Marvin Lopez, John Shrader, Michael Hooker, Parker Smith, Barret Walthall, Trey Stavrum, Scotty Boykin, Michael Kennedy, Jordan Davis, Byron Smith

Some great young men in that group. I'm hoping King and UTC wrestle in the near future, I believe it will happen next year. I know Coach Harrison is being very aggressive in recruiting of Tennessee kids. Look for them to keep signing some more good student athletes. I just cant preach enough that there's more to it than just wrestling, I promoted a lot of young men to be looked at because the more good wrestlers in the room the better but a lot of kids just don't pay enough attention to their grades. More to life than just wrestling...........

MTSU's roster is all TN except for 2 guys (Thayn at 174 and LaBadie at 197) I believe.  29 TN wrestlers in all.

125 Anthony Patnode, Sr - White House (3x Academic All-American)

125 Shane Shaffner, Jr - Kingsbury

125 Jason Singleton, Fr - Siegel

125/133 Nick Gray, Fr - Christian Brothers (State Champ)

133 Eric Feuerbacher, Jr - Blackman (State Champ, finished 1 match away from AA in Fr and So seasons)

133 Dustin Shaw, So - Kenwood

141 Carlos Garcia, So - McGavock (State Finalist, transfer from Iowa Western CC)

141 Alex Lineberry, Fr - Arlington

141 Gerard McQueen, Fr - West Creek

149/157 David Chege, Jr - Ravenwood (State Champ, transfer from Purdue)

149 Jordan Russell, Fr - Ooltewah

149 James McClanahan, Fr - Southwind

157 Kyle Coder, Fr - Siegel (State Placer)

157 Andrew Henry, Sr - McGavock

165 Everett Colbert, Sr - McGavock (2x State Placer, 1 match from AA last season)

165 Khris Sawyer, So - West Creek

174 Denzel Caldwell, Jr - Antioch (State Placer)

174 Chase Hodges, Fr - Riverdale

184 Jonathan Roberts, Jr - Beech (State Placer, 2x Academic AA)

184 Deionte Ewing, Fr - Siegel

197 Robert Anderson, Jr - Southwind

197 De'Ontae Greenwade, Fr - Beech

235 Adam Wells, Jr - Blackman

235 Rashied Rayford, Jr - Southwind

285 Tyler Bond, Jr - Rossview

285 Taylor Podany, Fr - Beech (2x State Placer, 1x Finalist)

Women:

112 Tori Stottlemeyer, Fr - Coffee County

130 Jasmine Cothran, Jr - Antioch

170 Clarissa Ceffalo, Fr - Elizabethton (3x State Champ)

Edited by coachknepper

King University may have more than the ones listed. But these are the ones I know.

Madison Martin

Jeremy Miller

Justin Cash

Jackie Miller

Blaike Henry

Cody Davis

Mackey

Cullen King from Cordova is still at King as well. He put on some solid weight through his redshirt season last year and I expect him to be very successful 133 at the DII level next year.

I just cant preach enough that there's more to it than just wrestling, I promoted a lot of young men to be looked at because the more good wrestlers in the room the better but a lot of kids just don't pay enough attention to their grades. More to life than just wrestling...........

I believe that has been the biggest thing holding King back in the few years the program has been around. There is a lot of focus and faith in extremely talented athletes that don't have it together off of the mat. I have seen so many extremely talented guys from across the country come and go through the years I've been a part of that program because wrestling is the only thing they know how to control... I believe more focus needs to be put into hard working STUDENT athletes that can get it done in the classroom and you don't have to worry about bailing out of jail... Even if they may require a little bit more time to produce into solid college wrestlers.

Edited by KingGreene

I believe that has been the biggest thing holding King back in the few years the program has been around. There is a lot of focus and faith in extremely talented athletes that don't have it together off of the mat. I have seen so many extremely talented guys from across the country come and go through the years I've been a part of that program because wrestling is the only thing they know how to control... I believe more focus needs to be put into hard working STUDENT athletes that can get it done in the classroom and you don't have to worry about bailing out of jail... Even if they may require a little bit more time to produce into solid college wrestlers.

I cant speak from a vast understanding of the program but I know who's in the room, been in the room and who's gone. A lot of people would be surprised about the talent up there practicing. Super 32 placers, High school all American's and some of those are already gone, past and present. But I know as soon as mine met Coach Harrison it was a done deal. Its probably a risk/reward type deal but I wouldn't know and I'm sure its not easy dealing with 18 year old young men and trying to give a best guess where their heads going to be 12 months a year. But honestly I wouldn't let my son sign with anyone to wrestle if I didn't think he was going to do everything possible to make good on his commitment. When I used to take my son's to big tournament's around the country in their youth, I had two rules. Don't waste my time nor my money, I don't have a lot of either. It was never about winning and losing, I knew thru their hard work that good performance would be there when it mattered. When he left for college, I told him the same thing...you can get an education right here at home, don't waste their time or money. Parents may want to take a more active roll in the education side and let the kid take care of the sport side, some have told me its just a difference in kids. I don't know. I think I was at 2 practices his whole high school career and one of those I left after 30 minutes because I couldn't stand to have to watch them take anymore, It was a heck of a practice in the good way. It was heartbreaking to see one of my sons realize to late that school matters when they open that letter telling them their scores are too low, and that's all he's ever wanted, yep. I know both sides. My oldest son wrestles those demons now everyday. I believe the Coaches will get it figured out, the young men have to do their part too. I always tried to keep enough distance so they could own it, good and bad. I think that's the beauty of an individual sport like wrestling, when they didn't achieve what they wanted to accomplish. All they needed to do was look in the mirror, blame that sob.........I'm just glad its almost wrestling season, I love watching the maturation process from year to year for these high school kids. Although mine are thru that part of their lives, I look forward to seeing what Coach Higgins has done with a new batch of SD Trojans.

• Upvote 1