Greeneville @ West Greene

DevilMan03

This topic sure has gone the wrong way.  What team would ever forfeit a high school game?  What coach would take a game away from their players?  None!!  I respect the Greeneville program and what they have accomplished.  Like I have said in previous posts, looking forward to the eventual Fulton game.  They won't move out of the way. 

This topic sure has gone the wrong way. What team would ever forfeit a high school game? What coach would take a game away from their players? None!! I respect the Greeneville program and what they have accomplished. Like I have said in previous posts, looking forward to the eventual Fulton game. They won't move out of the way.

we don't want Fulton to move out of the way they are like us. we like hard hitting football games and I guaranty either team that wins or don't win we all will meet in the center of the field to pay respect to each team with a hand shake!!

we don't want Fulton to move out of the way they are like us. we like hard hitting football games and I guaranty either team that wins or don't win we all will meet in the center of the field to pay respect to each team with a hand shake!!

Heck, even them boys from Kentucky did that...

Heck, even them boys from Kentucky did that...

That entire decision is on the head coach! The players are taught to do as the coach says. They should have never been told to do such a classless act, but they were obeying their coach. Their were 2 brave ones who disobeyed, along with ALL assistant coaches, and went out to shake hands.

If the reason for going for 2 after scores was because a manager was not given a ball after an extra point kick, then we had at least 2 childish coaches on the field last night.

i was standing right beside Ballard when he told an assistant something to the effect of " we are going to lose too many balls kicking them into those woods"..........Ballard wasn't going for two to rub it in, or run up the score, he was saving his program  about 70 bucks a kick, which is the approximate cost of a ball.......he also explained this on his morning after show the next day. I don't really expect the WG faithful to buy this, but much like Ballard, I really don't care...I know what I heard......plus when we were on the other side, he kicked. people can call Ballard classless all they want for going for two a handful of times all they want, but I vividly remember 3 games last year when GHS got hammered by teams clearly better than them, he and his entire staff and players crossed that field and shook hands........perhaps instead of being a complete and total B***H, Joe Case could inquire of Caine some of his methods used to coach and mentor kids I apologize for pretty much saying what several have already said on this thread, but I just get tired of having to defend Greenevilles coaches and kids at every turn against the county schools. I've said it a million times and now once more. I support ALL schools in this county and quite frankly so should everyone else around here when it comes to our kids.although she will never play a down of football, or probably participate in any other sport, I too have a kid in this county that will attend West Greene. I've ASKED if she would like to come to city schools because I believe the education is better in town, but she said no and that was the end of it. If she changes her mind at some point I'll move her to the city zone. As for athletics, if the county school kids want to compete at a higher level than what they are afforded at their current school, the choice is simple.....stay there or come to town, but either way, no matter what they choose, we ALL LIVE HERE and we all SHARE THE SAME space, so why not atleast act like we give a crap about one another outside of sporting events...that's my story and im stickin to it.........CASE CLOSED

Edited by BVDevil

i was standing right beside Ballard when he told an assistant something to the effect of " we are going to lose too many balls kicking them into those woods"..........Ballard wasn't going for two to rub it in, or run up the score, he was saving his program about 70 bucks a kick, which is the approximate cost of a ball.......he also explained this on his morning after show the next day. I don't really expect the WG faithful to buy this, but much like Ballard, I really don't care...I know what I heard......plus when we were on the other side, he kicked. people can call Ballard classless all they want for going for two a handful of times all they want, but I vividly remember 3 games last year when GHS got hammered by teams clearly better than them, he and his entire staff and players crossed that field and shook hands........perhaps instead of being a complete and total B***H, Joe Case could inquire of Caine some of his methods used to coach and mentor kids I apologize for pretty much saying what several have already said on this thread, but I just get tired of having to defend Greenevilles coaches and kids at every turn against the county schools. I've said it a million times and now once more. I support ALL schools in this county and quite frankly so should everyone else around here when it comes to our kids.although she will never play a down of football, or probably participate in any other sport, I too have a kid in this county that will attend West Greene. I've ASKED if she would like to come to city schools because I believe the education is better in town, but she said no and that was the end of it. If she changes her mind at some point I'll move her to the city zone. As for athletics, if the county school kids want to compete at a higher level than what they are afforded at their current school, the choice is simple.....stay there or come to town, but either way, no matter what they choose, we ALL LIVE HERE and we all SHARE THE SAME space, so why not atleast act like we give a crap about one another outside of sporting events...that's my story and im stickin to it.........CASE CLOSED

1-I never called Ballard classless, he is a great coach. I called him childish (and only when he plays against Case...seems he stoops down to his level).

2-My point is that it seems like a sorry excuse to go for 2...they have a $50,000 rug on their field... Worried about $70 balls (although it would have been about 8 of them).

3-Greeneville has an unbelievable football program and I have never complained about them running up the score. The 2 and 3's deserve to go out and score too. WG couldn't stop the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd's and that is their fault.

4-I have also never defended coach Case's actions. What he told the players and coaches to do was absolutely wrong and unsportsmanlike!

Just curious. Would it have been to difficult to have someone go behind the field house and wait for the ball?  I mean I can find a arrow in the woods after dark do not think a football would be that difficult.  However, regardless of reason. I think shaking hands is a must.  Of course they banned it in Kentucky maybe the last game they played was there and they forgot?

Just curious. Would it have been to difficult to have someone go behind the field house and wait for the ball?  I mean I can find a arrow in the woods after dark do not think a football would be that difficult.  However, regardless of reason. I think shaking hands is a must.  Of course they banned it in Kentucky maybe the last game they played was there and they forgot?

You've obviously never been to the Range...

1-I never called Ballard classless, he is a great coach. I called him childish (and only when he plays against Case...seems he stoops down to his level).

2-My point is that it seems like a sorry excuse to go for 2...they have a $50,000 rug on their field... Worried about $70 balls (although it would have been about 8 of them).

3-Greeneville has an unbelievable football program and I have never complained about them running up the score. The 2 and 3's deserve to go out and score too. WG couldn't stop the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd's and that is their fault.

4-I have also never defended coach Case's actions. What he told the players and coaches to do was absolutely wrong and unsportsmanlike!

50,000 probably wouldn't cover the lines on the field