Rhino's Super Seven Playoff Predictions

rhinob59

Alright, here we go...

McCallie (5 Seed) at Christian Brothers (4 Seed)

Most people will say that because of injuries, and the 6 hour trip to Memphis, McCallie isn't going to pull this one out. I don't know much about CBHS, but I know that Coach Potter will not let his team give up, and he won't let them make excuses. Yes, they have several key injuries, but championship teams don't need excuses. If they plan on going any further, they have to overcome. I think Ryan Moore will rebound from a poor showing against MBA and have a good, solid game. I'd also look for the defense to be especially fired up this week. Bottom line, if McCallie plays as well as they can, they can win. All I know of CBHS is that their quarterback is back from last year, but he didn't really impress me last year when McCallie played them. They're defense is pretty stout from what I hear. Prediction: McCallie 27 CBHS 20

...BA awaits the winner in Nashville

Baylor (6 Seed) at MBA (3 Seed)

After the drubbing that MBA put on McCallie last week, I really don't know what to think about this one. I saw them play Brentwood Academy, and they just didn't look like a team that could beat a quality opponent like that. Baylor is coming off a huge win against Tyner Academy in Chattanooga, a favorite to win the 2A Championship. They're very solid on both lines of scrimmage, but they don't have much of a passing game at all, something you at least need a little of. If MBA plays like they did in the second half against McCallie, they will win easily. As much as I'd like to see a possible all Chattanooga Clinic Bowl, I just don't think Baylor has been consistant enough. Prediction: MBA 31 Baylor 24

...MUS awaits in Memphis

I'd love other people's input on this, especially about CBHS because I don't know as much about them as I'd like too..

[Edited by rhinob59 on 11-5-02 12:10P]

Rhino

I agree with your McCallie-CBHS analysis. I do not think CBHS can score enough to make it anything but a close game and I think McCallie wins the close ones

McCallie 20

CBHS 13

As for Baylor-MBA,MBA is markedly improved since early season. I think it will be a nailbiter; if Baylor can control the line of scrimmage and control the ball, Baylor wins

Baylor 28

MBA 24