Rhea County @ Warren County

BigGreenCountry

The Eagles head over to McMinnville this Friday and look to continue the dominance of district 6 AAA. The last time Rhea went to Warren Co, it was an offensive shootout of game back in 2009. Rhea will pretty much wrap up the district championship friday with a win. Thoughts on this game?

Edited by BigGreenCountry

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RC ends a three game road stretch with this game.  This has been a good stretch for them and I think Coach Pemberton has them focused.  They've been on fall break this week, but in the gym working out, practicing, watching film.  I like their one game at a time approach with the end goal to surprise alot of folks come playoff time.  This team has improved on both sides of the ball every game this season, they should be peaking at the right time of the year.  Got a couple of key guys that need to get healthy over the next couple of weeks and we should be at full strength when the playoffs start.

This is a fun group to watch play the game. Coach Pemberton has them focused on a goal and from what I have seen they have bought in. I have watched all but 1 game this year and they have improved each game. I will be at Warren County watching this one as they in all likely hood could win the district. Good job Coach Pemberton and staff and also to the players who have worked hard for this.

This is a fun group to watch play the game. Coach Pemberton has them focused on a goal and from what I have seen they have bought in. I have watched all but 1 game this year and they have improved each game. I will be at Warren County watching this one as they in all likely hood could win the district. Good job Coach Pemberton and staff and also to the players who have worked hard for this.

I agree 100%.

While we are giving props to coaches, let's not forget Coach Harmon.  He should get a lot of credit for the attitude and mindset as well as the strength and speed that these players have.  His offseason work with these kids has been tremendous.  We have several 500+ squatters, several kids running 40's in the mid 4's, some slightly better.  This stuff totally changes the way kids think when they step on the field, they know they are physically ready to play the game at a higher level.  Look back at the previous two years and it's a night and day difference in the weight room.  He deserves a lot of the credit, good job coach.

I love my Pioneers but I'm also a realist. Warren County has as much of a chance of winning as a snowball does surviving July. The kids play hard but they have been down so long they don't know how to win. Everyone is calling for Johnson's job but with the situation in McMinnville, I don't think Nick Saban could win here. I don't know if there will be a new coach next year or not, but until certain parents and so-called supporters are kept in check, nothing will change as far as wins and losses

I love my Pioneers but I'm also a realist. Warren County has as much of a chance of winning as a snowball does surviving July. The kids play hard but they have been down so long they don't know how to win. Everyone is calling for Johnson's job but with the situation in McMinnville, I don't think Nick Saban could win here. I don't know if there will be a new coach next year or not, but until certain parents and so-called supporters are kept in check, nothing will change as far as wins and losses

won't be much of a game. WC has struggled all year with turnovers and playcalling. What looked like a promising year with a lot of seniors for WC has turned into the same as always, a losing season because of poor coaching and below average play from the offense.

you are what your record is