Rhea County @ Warren County

BigGreenCountry

I love it when people know how to fix this program ..... The seniors on this team went 8-3 as middle school ... The juniors went 9-2 so it hasn't been 2009 since they were good . But middle school isn't high school .

I don't know how they could have gone 8-3 and 9-2 when you only play 9 games in their middle school conference.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you play 11 games in middle school? Last I check it was 8, and those seniors didn't make the ctc championship game. Great teams in middle school don't always translate to great high school teams for these reasons: 1. Not all the kids play,2. The teams that they played in middle get better coaching in high school,3. Some never grow or get better.

Middle school sports doesn't translate to HS just like HS doesn't translate to college or college to pro. Warren County has a problem and in reality it has had a problem for over 2 decades. People on this board are problem. I could be considered a problem, but whatever the opinion is the fact remains WC isn't getting better. Coach Madewell did an above average job if you look at his whole body of work, but it want good enough. WC wanted more and well look what we got. Terrible results. We live in result driven world with instant feedback now. The feedback it is time to examine every phase. We need change in philosphy. No reason to beat this topic in ground any more, but if overall philosphy doesn't change expect decades do this to come. Leadership shows true colors in time of despair. Where is the overall leadership after next week. Where will school board mindset be. Where will school supt. thinking on this be, What will principal thoughts moving forward. Passive, aggressive, neutral who knows ,but if you think what went on Friday night on the field and the sidelines was deserving of your sons time and effort day after day you must have been watching it throughout rose colored glasses.

I went to the game last night and could not have been happier with the way out kids handled themselves. WC behaved poorly throughout the entire game. I watched one of our D tackles get his helmet ripped off in a pile and then get kicked by a player. I saw repeated cheap shots on players after plays. It got to the point were every couple plays an altercation would occur due to a WC pushing/shoving or talking trash. Even the very end of the game ended with a scuffle. To top it off, one of the WC players flipped the opposing crowd off as the game ended.

To the WC fans, I hope ya all get a new coaching staff. I don't blame the kids for this stuff. A 16 year old will make dumb decisions if not handled properly. The coaching staff had zero control of this team and it was embarrassing to watch. I hope you guys can get a staff that exhibits some discipline And control because the one you have now is sorely lacking in those areas.

On top of that, it's evident the kids are poorly coached. I can understand the sentiment from the WC fans that wish for a new staff. I witnessed some of the worst game management I have ever seen in my life at the end of the first half. This all may seem a little harsh, but I find it very unfair to the kids and a program to have your teams top leadership be as incompetent as that staff appeared to be.

Agree totally with Cope, I delayed posting because I was so frustrated after the game Friday.  That was the worst display of sportsmanship by a team that I've seen in a long time.  I know your players are frustrated with their season, we know what that's like, but come on coaches, teach your kids how to handle adversity.  Let them know, it's a tough game, they are going to get hit, blocked, tackled, etc.  Just because a team makes a physical play doesn't mean you retaliate with thug behavior, maybe you should get in the weight room and get yourself prepared to play better.

And to the ref that stood and watched the defensive lineman for WC (i decided not to put his jersey number in here) stomp one of our offensive lineman in the head twice, I hope our coaching staff turns that film into TSSAA to review, you should be fired.  It is obvious he stood and watched the kid stomping then followed him to see if our kid would retaliate flag in hand ready to hit us with a personal foul.  Surprise that's exactly what he did.  Fortunately, we go an offsetting personal foul to go with it, but that's poor officiating to let stuff like that go.