CPA vs Marshall County

coach77

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marshall County has a rich football tradition.  I hope the CPA boys are ready and not taking them lightly.  Marshall County always has athletes.  And CPA has a target on their back and generally gets everyone's best shot as teams are looking for the big upset. 

We've found a good spot to eat a little north of town.  Looking forward to a good game. 

This was in a local paper talking about the CPA/Marshall County game:

"Even though the Lions put on a dominating performance, they still need work. Only managing to gain 250 total yards last week, CPA showed it still has its flaws. However, expect improvement from the Lions' offense when it takes the field on Friday night as the Tigers have allowed 33 PPG this year."

If having flaws is leading 41-0 AT HALF, then CPA is in trouble. The reason CPA ever has under 300 yards per game is that their starters have only played a little more than a half in 2 games this year (Brentwood and Milan).

I know we are not supposed to be realistic, but only sugary sweet on these boards, but I saw the CPA/Page game. Let's be real, if Page beat MC by 21, this game will not be close.

This was in a local paper talking about the CPA/Marshall County game:

"Even though the Lions put on a dominating performance, they still need work. Only managing to gain 250 total yards last week, CPA showed it still has its flaws. However, expect improvement from the Lions' offense when it takes the field on Friday night as the Tigers have allowed 33 PPG this year."

If having flaws is leading 41-0 AT HALF, then CPA is in trouble. The reason CPA ever has under 300 yards per game is that their starters have only played a little more than a half in 2 games this year (Brentwood and Milan).

I know we are not supposed to be realistic, but only sugary sweet on these boards, but I saw the CPA/Page game. Let's be real, if Page beat MC by 21, this game will not be close.

But Page didn't beat MC by 21 in fact Page lost by 21. You need to get the scores right. Some kinda "sportsnerd" you are......but CPA should still maul the tiggers.

I don't know much about MC. But I do know this. CPA could've win 88-0 last week if they wanted. They have flaws...but lack of sportsmanship in the coaches part is not one of them.

From what I hear and see MC should be a pretty good team.

MC always has athletes, I mean a few years back a guy named Donte Hightower played there. You may have heard of him. Their big problem is coaching. The only good coach I remember them having was ran out of town by the new school director. MC is an anomaly in that they always have the athletes to be pretty good but never are.

Getting off the bus CPA is outmanned in terms of athleticism just about every week. They have great coaches, great schemes, and have practiced and worked harder in the weight room than 99% of the programs out there. That is what makes them pretty good. They do have a couple of future college players this year that are pretty good but overall they ate balanced on offense and very disciplined on defense. Not a 1 or 2 man team.

Getting off the bus CPA is outmanned in terms of athleticism just about every week. They have great coaches, great schemes, and have practiced and worked harder in the weight room than 99% of the programs out there. That is what makes them pretty good. They do have a couple of future college players this year that are pretty good but overall they ate balanced on offense and very disciplined on defense. Not a 1 or 2 man team.

I'm not buying CPA being outmanned in athleticism....

Looking forward to a great game. Any Marshall County fans or other area fans have suggestions on a great local restaurant where we can eat before the game?

I was told "Mildred's" has some good home cooking down there close to the school. On Friday nights they have all you can eat catfish.