5A Playoffs has of 10/19/13 or after week 8

mjuhb

Got it http://tssaa.org/divisiononefootballplayoffs/wildcard.cfm?class=5A

Quick question for those of you who are smarter than me with this stuff, at the top of the page it says that these standings do not take into account district champs and district runner up so final seeding can not be determined yet, that the first criteria is district champ and runner up.  Would that not mean that district champ gets presidence over runner up and would get the 1 seed, that it just can not show that yet because there are no district champs yet?  I am just curious.  I am also fine if they were to make AC the 2 seed and West the 1 seed because we layed an egg with Powell, but it does seem strange to me that you would let the 2nd or 3rd criteria come in prior to the very first for making the playoffs, just a thought.  with the way it is currently listed I am guessing this is what quad 1 would look like:

8 Gibbs @ 1 West

5 David Crockett @ 4 South Doyle

6 Central @ 3 Campbell Co.

7 Tennessee High @ 2 AC

A 5A team is going to win district 3, 5 and probably 6. Knox West will finish runner up in district 4. I don't care what the tssaa playoff standing say officially. On November 2nd when the official bracket comes out. Knox West will be behind the district winners. That is a fact, you can argue it has much has you want. But November 2nd they will be at best a 2 seed quad 1 or at worst a 3 or 4 in quad 2.

A 5A team is going to win district 3, 5 and probably 6. Knox West will finish runner up in district 4. I don't care what the tssaa playoff standing say officially. On November 2nd when the official bracket comes out. Knox West will be behind the district winners. That is a fact, you can argue it has much has you want. But November 2nd they will be at best a 2 seed quad 1 or at worst a 3 or 4 in quad 2.

That is exactly what I was thinking, the only reason they have West currently seeded ahead of AC, CC or OR is because the first criteria has not been met yet which would be District champ.  Until a district Champ is announced than it does not affect the seedings...that makes more sense.

That is exactly what I was thinking, the only reason they have West currently seeded ahead of AC, CC or OR is because the first criteria has not been met yet which would be District champ.  Until a district Champ is announced than it does not affect the seedings...that makes more sense.

They don't actually list match ups.

After reading everything on tssaa and watching some videos.. You sir are correct...

I have listened to that video, more than I wanted too……  It's says teams can be moved up or down 1 quad.  With that said there are natural quads, districts 1 to 4 to quad 1, 5 to 8 to quad 2, districts 9 to 12 to quad 3, and districts 13 to 16 to quad 4.

Last year in 4A, they moved Giles County, Marshall County and Page high school to quad 2(all out of distict 12). All 3 schools are in the central time zone, Giles County is the last county before going into Alabama, and Page is in the Nashville metro plex. Page had to travel 2 weeks in a row to Chattanooga, so I really do not buy that it’s about travel.

I also think that Anderson County got moved into quad 2 and played Ooltewah. I also sometimes wonder about how much effort goes into seeding, was not one team in then removed and another team put in and had to travel a long distance.

Do we want to declare a State champion by seeding that is about travel time? Page traveled back to back last year over 2 and half hours and crossed a time zone. They have a point system use it. Seed the teams 1 thru 32 and pare them up, as of right now I can only find 7 teams in the west that qualify for the playoffs and that’s with 2 teams going 5-5 (projected). Here is what it comes down too, the 6 classifications are a joke, move it back to 5. They will not do that and here is why TSSAA wants cash, with six classes, the generate more cash, and having a Anderson, West, and Campbell, and a Ooltewah, Cleveland,  East Hamilton play each other in the first 2 rounds will generate big dollars. I am not sure about up Knoxville way, but an East Hamilton Ooltewah match up will generate about 7k to 8k fans. Lets say it’s 7k, at 50% (IS THAT THE %?) draw for TSSAA that is a gate of 24.5K for TSSAA. Then another game the next week vs., Cleveland is another 24.5k. That’s 49K for 2 weeks of games.

The State of Tennessee is way too small to declare 7 state football titles.

Yes, the district champs and runner up get in first and get top seeds, then at large fill in. 2 years ago, East Ham went 6-4 and 5-1 in the district, and was quad 2 #1 seed ahead of Giles County 8-2 (runner up) and another team with a better record. After the district champs and runner ups get seeded then then use that list to seed teams into the brackets.

Edited by chattacane

it is setting its self up for some big time games (money makers) East Ham, Ooltewah, Cleveland same quad all top 10 teams with large gate. And then theres Oak Ridge A very large gate if they are pared up with Ooltewah in 2nd round.

#1 seed Ooltewah vs. #8 seed lenior City

#4 seed Cleveland or East Ham vs. Oak Ridge

Both of those games are large $$$$$

Then in 2nd game Ooltewah vs. Cleveland, East Ham, or Oak Ridge.........  Then a game vs. who ever then you got your show down, in the semi, West vs Oak Ridge, Ooltewah, Cleveland or East Ham..........

Still want some pudding, Henry County moves quad 4, Beech stays in quad 3, Henry County smashes that quad all at home ($$) Beech gets # 2 seed in quad 3, 2 home games maybe a 3rd, then a State semi @ Henry County.......

yes some teams will move quads, but no other top team from quad 1 will move down to quad 2, other then West, Oak Ridge, and maybe Anderson, but look at the set up for later games. Its about the cash....

5AAA, semi's, Beech at Henry County and West vs. Ooltewah, Oak Ridge, Cleveland or East Ham.

But some where some one will screw it up for them, ????? Anderson and or Rhea......

So tell me this if Shelbyville get number 1 will they play there first game home

You all should beat Coffee Co. Don't turn the ball over and Shelbyville should beat Lawrence Co. And hope Hendersonville beats Beech. That's how Shelbyville gets a 1 seed. You should play Kenwood, Columbia or Tullahoma.