Sevier County @ Jefferson County

1timeout

Jefferson County always plays Sevier County tuff.  Regardless of record, size, speed, or talent, Jeff. Co. always shows up for this game.  I think it will be close because Sevier County just does not seem to have a good defense when it comes to stopping the run.  They have the athletes to stop the passing game but just cannot stop the run.  I am not sure if it is bad play calling or just bad play but Sevier County cannot stop the run. I am leaning more toward play calling because I have seen these guys make plays so I know they can do it.  However, on the other side of the ball, it is a totally different story.  Not sure Jefferson County has any answers for the Smoky Bear air attack...now that will be fun to watch.

Jefferson County's ground attack is a good one, but their QB completed just 1-of-8 last week.  If Sevier County knows the run is coming, they won't have much trouble stopping it.  Just refer to last year's 1st round playoff game.  Jefferson County ran, ran, ran, and ran some more, given that IS what they're best at.  But Sevier County knew it was coming and made the proper adjustments to stop it.  Aside from Maryville, no one has been able to slow down Sevier County's offense this year, so the Smoky Bears will score at will, but as usual it won't be without a fight.