Webb forfeit win? Someone please explain this to me

Hadmatter

Not sure where you are getting your information, but according to the 2012-2013 profile on their website, it is 389 for grades 9-12. 

According to privateschool.com it's

Grade 9: 116   Grade 10: 109   Grade 11: 119   Grade 12: 123

Maybe these aren't 2013 figures and they really have had an enrollment drop.  I looked all over their web site and couldn't find any current numbers.

Edited by owlbooster

Not sure where you are getting your information, but according to the 2012-2013 profile on their website, it is 389 for grades 9-12.

The only numbers that count for football purposes for the next several years are the official TSSAA numbers. The following is from tssaa.org:

Evangelical Christian School 394 Class A

The only numbers that count for football purposes for the next several years are the official TSSAA numbers. The following is from tssaa.org:

Evangelical Christian School 394 Class A

Well then they apparently HAVE had a substantial drop in enrollment.  Wonder what that is about -    Bad economy or something else?

Trying to argue where a private school should be place based soley on numbers just shows posters are very mis informed.

There is a reason BA won the 5a (highest classification) state championship in 1995 and 1996 with 300 students and Webb won the 2a championship over goodpasture in 1996. Its two completley different schools with there goals in football.

The tssaa had it right a few years ago when BGA, Webb, ECS, PJP2, Briarcrest, ECS, Harding Aca, Knox Catholic, Saint Benedict, Notre Dame, Goodpasture ect where in the same division.,,these teams are very similar football programs a step down from Baylor, McCallie, MUS, Ensworth, BA, MBA, CBHS ect. if you dont recognize this and agrue financial aid numbers  and enrollement numbers ect just shows that you are not very well versed in Tennessee High School football and its history. Webb is not paying its head coach the amount of money MBA, ENsworth BA McCallie Baylor ect is..If Coach Meske got fired, which he never will, his next job isnt going to be the QBs coach for arizona cardinals coaching in a superbowl. Webbs administration isnt setting aside specific # of spots for great athletes to get into the school....it just isnt happening and if you think it is you have never met Scott Hutcheson the schools president, you dont know the head coach David Meske and you are a distant observer of Webb School.

Webb plays in d2a because that's where they are competitive . If they played d2aa this year more than likely they would have only beaten pjp2.

It's okay... You can't put together a division based on mission statements. I think there is some fact in what you are saying. I am sure if Webb wanted to they could field a team that is competitive in d 2aa.

There is enough talent in the knoxville area and being one of the only games in town...it's certainly possible.

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Trying to argue where a private school should be place based soley on numbers just shows posters are very mis informed.

There is a reason BA won the 5a (highest classification) state championship in 1995 and 1996 with 300 students and Webb won the 2a championship over goodpasture in 1996. Its two completley different schools with there goals in football.

The tssaa had it right a few years ago when BGA, Webb, ECS, PJP2, Briarcrest, ECS, Harding Aca, Knox Catholic, Saint Benedict, Notre Dame, Goodpasture ect where in the same division.,,these teams are very similar football programs a step down from Baylor, McCallie, MUS, Ensworth, BA, MBA, CBHS ect. if you dont recognize this and agrue financial aid numbers  and enrollement numbers ect just shows that you are not very well versed in Tennessee High School football and its history. Webb is not paying its head coach the amount of money MBA, ENsworth BA McCallie Baylor ect is..If Coach Meske got fired, which he never will, his next job isnt going to be the QBs coach for arizona cardinals coaching in a superbowl. Webbs administration isnt setting aside specific # of spots for great athletes to get into the school....it just isnt happening and if you think it is you have never met Scott Hutcheson the schools president, you dont know the head coach David Meske and you are a distant observer of Webb School.

Totally agree and have stated many of your points previously... good post!

Webb plays in d2a because that's where they are competitive . If they played d2aa this year more than likely they would have only beaten pjp2.

It's okay... You can't put together a division based on mission statements. I think there is some fact in what you are saying. I am sure if Webb wanted to they could field a team that is competitive in d 2aa.

There is enough talent in the knoxville area and being one of the only games in town...it's certainly possible.

I will agree with you that Webb certainly wouldn't win a state championship in DIVAA but for you to say they would only beat PJPII is an insult. Webb would have given Baylor a much better game than the 21-7 loss if they had been with All-State and the number 8 linebacker in the country Brant Mitchell. Webb was up at halftime 7-0 before Baylor start running iso right down the throat of Webb. I guarantee you that would not have happened if the best linebacker in the State of Tennessee at 6-3 245 had been there. I don't think I am going out on a limb at all to say Webb would have beat Father Ryan, Mcallie, Christian Brothers, PPJII, Briacrest, and St Benedict. Webb would be a middle of the pack team in the large Div AA but still a top 20 team in the state, as DIV-AA is hands down the best division in the State. 

I will agree with you that Webb certainly wouldn't win a state championship in DIVAA but for you to say they would only beat PJPII is an insult. Webb would have given Baylor a much better game than the 21-7 loss if they had been with All-State and the number 8 linebacker in the country Brant Mitchell. Webb was up at halftime 7-0 before Baylor start running iso right down the throat of Webb. I guarantee you that would not have happened if the best linebacker in the State of Tennessee at 6-3 245 had been there. I don't think I am going out on a limb at all to say Webb would have beat Father Ryan, Mcallie, Christian Brothers, PPJII, Briacrest, and St Benedict. Webb would be a middle of the pack team in the large Div AA but still a top 20 team in the state, as DIV-AA is hands down the best division in the State. 

I don't know where Webb would finish but you are correct in saying DII AA is the best football in the state.  there is a thread on coachT that asks posters to list the top teams in the state. It's absolutely hilarious as almost all posters list multiple public schools as the best teams and only ensworth and mba (1 vote only) get mentioned BUT down the list.  For the umpteenth time, the best pgms in this state yr after yr are the top DII AA teams.  I don't care if it is hooterville, hooville, mooville, whateverboro, resthaven, fullofthemselves,  you name it, the top teams in DII AA would beat any of the winners of those divisions. And their coaches know it. That's why they won't play us. The DII AA teams aren't turning down games with those teams, it's the opposite. Go talk to a college coach and ask about the teams they visit every single yr. I've been there having a son who plays college football.  It's DII AA teams. Yes, you are right hands down best football in the state and some of the best in the mid south      

I was referring to the Nashville and Chattanooga teams since you guys would not play the Memphis schools. Ryan almost beat MBA and beat BA so unless they play bad you are hallucinating if you think Webb would beat Ryan this year. I also think mccallie would beat Webb if they play like they did against MBA or early on this year. I may be wrong but if you throw Webb into the mix they would finish just above jp2 this year. Sorry just my opinion. Cal preps has you about even in a matchup with McCallie.

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field

[2013] Webb (Knoxville, TN) 28, [2013] McCallie (Chattanooga, TN) 27

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Webb was up at halftime 7-0 before Baylor start running iso right down the throat of Webb. I guarantee you that would not have happened if the best linebacker in the State of Tennessee at 6-3 245 had been there.

One player, especially on defense, rarely alters the outcome of a game.  Baylor would have compensated for his presence.  Your team only scored 7 points.  That's not going to win many games.

Edited by owlbooster

One player, especially on defense, rarely alters the outcome of a game.  Baylor would have compensated for his presence.  Your team only scored 7 points.  That's not going to win many games.

You were shut out at halftime trying everything but iso. Apparently the coaches at Baylor finally realized Mitchell wasn't in the game and the adjustments were made to run the ball right down the throat of the glaring weakness in Webbs armor. Ask Maryville, Brant Mitchell has that kind of impact at middle linebacker which is the one position a defensive player can effect every play. Baylor would have gotten out with a 3 point win at the most if Brant could have gone because it is literally impossible to run down the middle with him in the game. Look him up, check out film, the kid is THAT good. 

BTW Webb had the ball twice in the redozone in the fourth with a chance to cut the lead or take the lead themselves. When you can't get off the field because the running back for Baylor is getting 6 yards a carry right down the middle its hard to score points. Im not saying Webb is better than Baylor this year, Im simply saying if they played 10 times at full health Webb wins close to half.