South Pittsburg at Marion (Moore man against that McCurry man)

Roy Dillard

3 touchdown win. Jasper was only in the for a few minutes early in the game. After the. 65 yarder up the middle you could see the doubt seep in. Best RB in the area was proven head to head on the field. I know y'all gonna put on OP,s Rose Glasses and spin this like Obama's fans try to make us believe we didn't see what we saw. Bullies of the Valley was settled once and for all last night and we did it in their house. Heard there was poor sportsmanship by the Purple coaches. Sad. I really wish they would consider calling themselves Jasper. They make me ashamed to be from Marion County.

Mac shouldn't have called and left a threatening message on coaches answering machine complaining over film swap and saying he was going to Mark Griffith. That didn't sit well how that was handled. Then MC supposedly had former player Raques Hale suit up and practice with them to imitate SP's speed. MC coaches if given the opportunity would/will do the exact same thing if given the chance. However they gotta wait another year for it. They put in some time for this game that much was obvious and they have a solid team. Next year is still there best year though. Great atmosphere and good game. Hope both teams go far in playoffs

all kinds silly tricks. # 10 wearing # 4? What was that about?

Whats the Pride of the Valley Band??? the Pirates yanked those Rose Colored Glass's off JASPERS face.. after seeing the Fans leaving their Team with 6 Mins to go makes me even More happy to be a Pirate! you Jasper Fans should be ashamed!!!!! No excuses

Most rational people can see that this was a pretty even matchup for the most part.  Marion had no answer for Lankford, he really played well.  The fumble for a td hurt us and the puzzling thing to me was with four minutes left in the half and MC up 17-14 and the ball on the sp 34 and them on their heels we come out throwing the ball and stop the clock, giving Lankford a chance to run loose again.  We were pounding the ball at the time and getting 4 or  5 yards a pop.  We could have either gone up by 10 or still been up by 3 at the half.  In the second half we get a stop and on 4th down we rough the punter leading to another score for sp.  The last one is we have the ball on the sp 20 down two scores and we throw it on first down when we have ran it all the way down the field.  It is what it is though and sp was the better team tonight and good luck in the playoffs.  Maybe both will make deep runs.  One last thing, the refs were terrible for both sides and was it just me or did it seem like they were out there to make a show for themselves.  To take the line from a sp friend, how dare you question the coaches, how do you know that they didn't have an injury or something............lol.

TTP, what kind of mess is this? Evenly matched? Did your glasses fog up in the second half? That Moore man made some good adjustments at halftime and that McCurry man could not score on our boys the second half. I garuntee you that Starky man told him one of our tricks would be to run outside but he did not tell him we would run up the middle. Those Marion boys got dominated in the second half. Let me ask you another question. Why would that McCurry man not shake that Moore mans hand after the game? That McCurry man thinks he is 7 foot tall and bullet proof. That Moore man is a real big man and he even has a body guard. I would not want to make that Moore man mad if I was that McCurry man. You think im joking but im not.

Edited by Roy Dillard