Best players in District 4A & 3A

Tigers0824

With fountain graduated, who are the best players returning this season? I know Oneida has the West boy and Jellico is returning Bowlin. Doesn't oliver Springs have a good sophomore that started as a freshman last year? And what about that guard from oakdale?? Looking forward to the season gearing up!!

Edited by Tigers0824

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

D3A

Woods - Meigs Co (maybe the best in region)

Not sure of names but Grace has 2 or 3 players that probably will push for 1st team district.

Don't know much about the district has a whole

D4A

Bowlin from Jellico and West from Oneida are probably best 2

Coalfield has a SR post in Hill who was strong last year

Oakdale has some young players who might be ready to make that jump this year.

OS has Murray, who like players from Oakdale, might make that jump.

I wouldn't count out the guard (I think returning SR) from Wartburg has having a big year

Yeah the boy from meigs is the real deal. I watched him and the murray boy and on of the guards from oakdale play in the rocky top. Murray was a starter on the championship team with the oakdale boy getting some minutes (needs to learn better shot selection and then could be good). I feel district 4a comes down to Jellico & Oneida unless coalfield or OS hits a run towards the end of season

Harriman will be a solid all around basketball team. As for the comment about Grace dominating this district, you might want to think twice about that comment. District 3 has Tellico which is always a consistent, respectable team. Next, the newcomers from Meigs with a real stud from what i'm hearing. Then Rockwood, the Tigers have plenty of speed and seem to have good size and depth. IMO, I think the Tigers could have the best shot at winning the district this year. I don't know much about Grace, but you can always know they have athletes and are almost always fundamentally sound. Last but not least, Harriman. The Big Blue have won 3 of the last 4 district titles. They lost their star in X but have alot of young talent to build off of. Harriman should probably be around 9 deep with a freshman, that's nothing short of outstanding! i think district 3 is a toss up as well!