Round 1. Dekalb vs Knox Catholic

Waterboy78

Looking at DeKalbs schedule.. Stone memorial is the only team that both DC and Catholic have played. Catholic scrimmaged Stone Memorial back in the summer. Catholic dominated that game. Catholic will get their starting QB and a couple of more starters that have been hurt back for the playoffs. Don't know a lot of Dekalb. Any info on them?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at DeKalbs schedule.. Stone memorial is the only team that both DC and Catholic have played. Catholic scrimmaged Stone Memorial back in the summer. Catholic dominated that game. Catholic will get their starting QB and a couple of more starters that have been hurt back for the playoffs. Don't know a lot of Dekalb. Any info on them?

You don't know any thing about DC , you kidding right ..... For starters they have the best RB EVER!!! The freshman QB is almost as good as the RB! On defense they have the biggest baddest lineman ever that will be in on EVERY play! Then there is the coach ,none better ! Oh yeah if ALL THAT don't do it they have maybe the best horn EVER!

You don't know any thing about DC , you kidding right ..... For starters they have the best RB EVER!!! The freshman QB is almost as good as the RB! On defense they have the biggest baddest lineman ever that will be in on EVERY play! Then there is the coach ,none better ! Oh yeah if ALL THAT don't do it they have maybe the best horn EVER!

KC do not listen to this idiot he is a butthurt cannon county troll.

Edited by Waterboy78

Catholic has not been the same since their starting QB got injured. Zac Jancek will be back for the playoffs and also some more starters who didn't play in the Webb or Alcoa games, I see Catholic getting hot in the playoffs and beating Signal mountain and playing someone like Hixson who they can beat also. Catholic has a good chance making it to the semifinals and playing Fulton

Say KC 35 DC 21, but pulling for DC. Will Gill be back?

I'm positive he will play because he finished the smith game, but my son said the trainers say he sprained his knee but kept playing even though the trainer said be easy. He told him you can't keep me out of my last regular season game. You can tell he definetly wants to be out there. I just hope him being hindered doesn't hurt the team in a whole. As for Rhea the reason he came out at the end was just because of bad cramping.

I think Milan will have a good game. Jennings showed a bit of a dual threat last week. The receivers have to catch the ball. He put abunch on the money that were dropped Friday. We would probably be sitting here talking about a home game if it weren't for so many drops.

Basically we're traditionally a spread pass team, but with a solid rb this year we have become a balanced team. We're young. Have a freshman qb that has a lot of potential. A wr and db that is a freshman. Lots of sophomores and juniors and only 3 seniors on the team. We lost 23 seniors to last years class and were expecting a bad year from every fan I've talked to including myself. We made huge strides I didn't expect. With all that said we have grown up a lot during the season and I see improvement every week. We had two starting linebackers out Friday, but I'd say one will be back and the other I know is done for the season.

This will be a long road trip and just hope we can pull the upset. A few of the players first playoff game in the freshman. Hope they stay focused. The others should be alright. This is our third straight playoff trip so they are starting to learn what it's like to deal with them.

Catholic will get healthy in the playoffs. Zac Jancek(Starting QB) will be back. John Mark Broussard who has missed the entire season will hopefully be back for the playoffs. In my opinion he was going to have a great impact on the Irish Defense this season till he got hurt. Dominic Souder(starting Safety, 4 interceptions this year one returned for TD and a 98 yd fumble returned for TD) will be back too. Logan Lacey who has played QB the last 2 games will be back at running back where he is a bruiser. Watching film on Dekal against upperman and smith county and my prediction is Catholic 45 Dekalb 10