Region 1 always a passionate fun group lets get is started!

marshiebaby

Not knowing all or even sure what realigment did for region one big school teams  here is my thought on region one big school individulas, please feel free to fill in or disagree, and of course not positive on wts.  these picks would at least in my opnion be in finals

106 ?

113 ? for small school my choice would be Brockwell SS

120 small school would of course be Boatman GR Lock, big school Lane SH

126 Big school Gary Hudgins SH - Lock

132 Big school Max Vaughn SH - Lock

138 Big school Corbin Hurley Br

145 Big school Bagley SH - Lock -  yeah I know what did you expect - but I am right ... 

152 Big school  Frye likely or Broyles?

160 Not sure who is here Dean DB maybe, could be Rolston SH

170 Not sure who is really at the top again could be Deans wt.

182 - Begley DB - Lock,  fight for second between Hardin and Spangler toughest wt class this year in this area

195 - Bagley SH Dont be surprised  - yeah I know what did you expect ... :popcorneater:

220 - dont know who is here

hwt - dont know who is here

Yes these are my honest "unbiased" best guess assessments B)

Your turn!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree for the most part. Dont for get storm williams from Morristown east. He could be anywhere from 126-138 this season I'm not sure. He should be a finalist.

Where will Shane Jessee be? He will make it to state this year. Surely he won't be at 52. Although speaking of 52 I think its very possible to see broyles vs frye in the final but frye moved up 2 weights last season from 132 to 145 I wouldnt be surprised to see him at 52 or 60. Wouldnt be surprised to see Jeffers from DB or Porter ME in the finals with broyles, in which, I pick broyles as a lock.

52 could be interesting at small school! What about Bowman(G) vs Berg(SE)

Also what does elizabethton have to offer this season? They graduated Callahan and Buck. What does that leave them with.

Begely up at 82 is very suprizing but we could see a match with Spangler or Hunter Bagley?

What about that costa kid from the hill? Heard a lot about him not only seen him a handful of times.

Dont forget about vance from Greenville. I'd like see him and Hurley go at it.

Edited by newcoach215

the inside scoop is my boy Hunter will be at 195 and I hope he stays there - he is strong enough and very physical with natural feel that most big guys will struggle against.  Costa Kalagros is a scrapper can turn it on and battle anybody just not there on skills yet and still in football, He will win a lot of matches and if he puts some technique together could make finals don't know what he weighs this year but I would guess around 170.  Storm Williams is a name I hear on here often I just never see him (my bad)  Plug him in of course - there is room for two in each final and anything can happen when kids start believing for the better and worse as I observed last year during regional semi finals...  I don't know anything about Elizabethton since Callahan graduated.  Agree Vance will be very good of course just don't know where he weighs in.  Also I am not sure where Palmer is just heard some speculate 182.

No slight to any young man here its just one guys opinion with a limited knowledge on who is where and based only on kids I have seen wrestle. 

feel free to put your list together - that is how we can learn about other kids in our area to watch as fans of the finest test in sport! 

Edited by marshiebaby

Watch out for freshman Trent Nelson (TN High). The 106lbers in Region 1 won't know how to handle his leg riding. I say he'll be one of the best leg riders Region 1 has seen in a long time and could see him following in Corbin's footsteps and being a region finalist his freshman year.

TN High will also have a couple other freshman in the mix including Dewey Pendley at 26/32 (depending on where Corbin settles). Dewey and Trent are both calm, collected, smart, humble wrestlers like Corbin that find ways to win.

Also, Austin Heagerman (220/HWT) was hurt last year as a freshman, but will do well this year....TN High is only going to get more and more competitive as these VWC kids continue to roll in there. Making our region tougher and keeping us on our toes.

As for The Hill... the lineup will probably be a little different than people suspect.

I do agree Tennessee high probably has done the best feeding the program over the last few years - they are right up there with the Hill and DB, could even be in a position to win region if not this year next. Congrats to those hard working dedicated young men!

From what I saw today at Pigeon Forge they are closer than many may want. Really didn't expect to see them do so well. I knew Corbin would look good but TN High looks much improved.

How about Greeneville bringing 75 kids between the high school and middle school teams. Got to love that type of participation for a program considering football still has many missing from the high school team.

the inside scoop is my boy Hunter will be at 195 and I hope he stays there - he is strong enough and very physical with natural feel that most big guys will struggle against. Costa Kalagros is a scrapper can turn it on and battle anybody just not there on skills yet and still in football, He will win a lot of matches and if he puts some technique together could make finals don't know what he weighs this year but I would guess around 170. Storm Williams is a name I hear on here often I just never see him (my bad) Plug him in of course - there is room for two in each final and anything can happen when kids start believing for the better and worse as I observed last year during regional semi finals... I don't know anything about Elizabethton since Callahan graduated. Agree Vance will be very good of course just don't know where he weighs in. Also I am not sure where Palmer is just heard some speculate 182.

No slight to any young man here its just one guys opinion with a limited knowledge on who is where and based only on kids I have seen wrestle.

feel free to put your list together - that is how we can learn about other kids in our area to watch as fans of the finest test in sport!

106-Bynum(DC)

113-Blanco(JC)

120-Hudgen(SH) or Bishop(DB)

126-Lane(SH) or Pendley(TN) I really like Dewey's chances

132-Vaughn (SH) or Williams(ME)

138-Hurley(TN) or Jessee(SH)

145-Bagley(SH) or Vance(DC)

152-Broyles(MW) or Jeffers(DB)

160-Frye(DB) or Porter(ME

170-Spangler(TN) or Dean(DB)

182-Begley(DB)

195-Bagley (SH)

220-?

285-?

I feel like those are the heavy hitters at eachweight for AAA. A couple are just guesses at what weights they will go.

Edited by newcoach215

I think as Kingreene said I was way off on some of where kids will be at weight classes.  and that will shake these up a quite a bit.  Dewey is a great kids he was younger then my boys but was at the aau scene when they both were there albeit at younger age group, he was raw but level headed when young and worked hard at VWC and king when he was the youngest guy in the room, just forgot he entered High school this year.  Bright future!  Tim has done a great job preparing these guys!  See you all next week at takedown tourney I hope.

Edited by marshiebaby

We're a young group at THS, still with a lot to learn and figure out how to compete at the high school level.  With football just finishing up and injury, we only had 4 high schoolers wrestling yesterday.  Theres a bright future but we're not dusting off a spot in the trophy case just yet. 

I think Science Hill and Dobyns Bennett will again be the teams to beat in Region 1.  Both have deep line ups and will be able to move kids around in the rotation to score bonus points in dual matches.  Some of the duals might resemble chess matches this year. 

There a lots of people involved that make the VWC wheel turn--and while we're not quite to the Higher Calling level just yet, having 40 kids in a feeder program can't hurt the high school turnout.  I just wish we had one of those gold trophies like Greeneville--talk about getting a town excited about wrestling...they had a ton of kids at PF!!  Plus I think they had a special pot of stew just for Randy & Jason---wow the perks!!

Also, I will give props for our new Vance Vikings Middle School team who made their debut appearance yesterday in their retro polyester singlets.  They are definitely bringing sexy back!  All kidding aside, several of the Vance kids had a very good day. 

Edited by tmarshall7

106-Bynum(DC)

113-Blanco(JC)

120-Hudgen(SH) or Bishop(DB)

126-Lane(SH) or Pendley(TN) I really like Dewey's chances

132-Vaughn (SH) or Williams(ME)

138-Hurley(TN) or Jessee(SH)

145-Bagley(SH) or Vance(DC)

152-Broyles(MW) or Jeffers(DB)

160-Frye(DB) or Porter(ME

170-Spangler(TN) or Dean(DB)

182-Begley(DB)

195-Bagley (SH)

220-?

285-?

I feel like those are the heavy hitters at eachweight for AAA. A couple are just guesses at what weights they will go.

I highly doubt Bynum will make 106 again.

Corbin won't be more than 132.

I'm still not buying Palmer being at 182 yet. I have to see it for myself. If that is the case, he'll probably need to alter his style a bit to wrestle with those big boys. Now he can start getting in wrestling shape since the football team is done.