Greeneville Vs. Betsy

DevilMan03

Saw the game Friday night and Thomas was tough.  Having said that, I don't know that he is D1 material because of a lack of speed.  On the 50 yarder that he ran, he was caught from behind, and the kid didn't have the angle on him.  He basically just ran him down from behind.

Weren't his stats something like 187 yards on 33 carries?  That's about 5 per carry,  He could probably be a fullback in the right offense. 

By comparison, in 1993 Dustin Moore averaged over 11 yards per carry for the entire season. 

I hope the Thomas kid does well next year, and plays D1 ball.  I love to see East Tennessee kids do well after high school.

He averaged more than 5ypc during the regular season but I'm not sure the exact stats.

Saw the game Friday night and Thomas was tough.  Having said that, I don't know that he is D1 material because of a lack of speed.  On the 50 yarder that he ran, he was caught from behind, and the kid didn't have the angle on him.  He basically just ran him down from behind.

Weren't his stats something like 187 yards on 33 carries?  That's about 5 per carry,  He could probably be a fullback in the right offense. 

By comparison, in 1993 Dustin Moore averaged over 11 yards per carry for the entire season. 

I hope the Thomas kid does well next year, and plays D1 ball.  I love to see East Tennessee kids do well after high school.

He was caught from behind after he broke a tackle and hurdled a player!!!

good luck next year to the thomas kid. im pretty sure we'll be seeing him again in the playoffs next year. good grief that kids a stud and by the end of next year might have every sec school looking at him. if that's the case, i hope he "stays home", but i dont know if he  has the speed yet to compete for a starting slot on a good sec team. we shall see and i wish him the best of luck....as for the Trees that block the view at burley...i was at practice today and it is true, they do actually block the view from the 25 or so in to the goal line, but its only about a dozen or two seats that are affected.....two solutions...ONE, either call harvey updyke in to fix the problem...OR, move down a few feet and quit whining.....just my two cents

SEC players don't get tackled by Three Rivers Conference opponents.  Good running back.  Great for this area.  No disrespect intended either, but big time D1 recruits are usually heavily sought after by the end of their Junior football season with numerous scholly offers.  Example: Rollins-Davis from Fulton played a lot tougher schedule than Thomas, has rushed 127 times for 1,917 yards and 37 Touchdowns.  That's 15 yards per rush and a score once every four rushes.  HE only has offers from a bunch of 1-AA schools.  Not a chance Thomas plays anywhere in the SEC.

SEC players don't get tackled by Three Rivers Conference opponents.  Good running back.  Great for this area.  No disrespect intended either, but big time D1 recruits are usually heavily sought after by the end of their Junior football season with numerous scholly offers.  Example: Rollins-Davis from Fulton played a lot tougher schedule than Thomas, has rushed 127 times for 1,917 yards and 37 Touchdowns.  That's 15 yards per rush and a score once every four rushes.  HE only has offers from a bunch of 1-AA schools.  Not a chance Thomas plays anywhere in the SEC.

Ill take the bet :)  Thomas missed 3 games . And a lot of setting in 2nd halves. He is D1 trust me.

Ill take the bet :)  Thomas missed 3 games . And a lot of setting in 2nd halves. He is D1 trust me.

Never said "not going D1".  I said it big time D1-as in SEC, ACC, Big12, Big10, Pac12....I would not be surprised if he ends up at a lower tier FBS school like MTSU or even an FCS school like Appy State or even ETSU, but it won't be SEC, unless he walks on.