Round 2 Cleveland @ Rhea County.

BigGreenCountry

Just don't see how Cleveland can stay on the field with us.  We've played with about 1/3 of our playbook in every game besides East Hamilton.  Eagles best football of this season is yet to come.

Are you being serious? Have you seen Cleveland play, or are you just basing your prediction on your understanding that only 1/3 of the RC playbook has been used? I guess that is simply an indication of how weak your District is...

It's probably a bad thing for the Eagles that they beat EH, because Cleveland won't overlook you now (this year). After losing to Walker Valley, I think most all of 5AAA felt like it was the same old Rhea County. Beating EH lets us know you are for real. I'm gonna be surprised if it's a blowout either way, but I think Cleveland will make one more defensive stop than RC.

Are you being serious? Have you seen Cleveland play, or are you just basing your prediction on your understanding that only 1/3 of the RC playbook has been used? I guess that is simply an indication of how weak your District is...

It's probably a bad thing for the Eagles that they beat EH, because Cleveland won't overlook you now (this year). After losing to Walker Valley, I think most all of 5AAA felt like it was the same old Rhea County. Beating EH lets us know you are for real. I'm gonna be surprised if it's a blowout either way, but I think Cleveland will make one more defensive stop than RC.

Yeah I would agree and say that this one isn't gonna be a blow out. I think these are 2 evenly matched teams and it may just come down to the last possession. Hopefully we can get one more stop than the blue raiders.

Should be a good game between these two. I know Rhea Co will have a big crowd. With the team that Cleveland has I thought they would travel better. Cleveland had more football players than they had fans at White Co. Good luck to both

Everybody's got to exaggerate. Certainly there were more fans than players at White County. Cleveland has traveled remarkably well this year in comparison to the past few years. Gotta admit, though, it's hard to get many people excited about the trek to/from Sparta on a cold Friday night when most were confident of a win. Rhea County will be a much different story. Besides us, I've already heard of folks planning to come from McMinn, Walker Valley, and Bradley. It'll be jumpin'!

Just don't see how Cleveland can stay on the field with us. We've played with about 1/3 of our playbook in every game besides East Hamilton. Eagles best football of this season is yet to come.

Whoo boy, now there's a homer for ya! Just keep thinking that. I don't know of many teams left in 5A that Cleveland can't stay on the field with. Hope everybody over there is wearing those same green-tinted glasses.

I just don't have much respect for Crawford as a coach....definitely not a great schemes guy and really was pretty average at Brentwood over the course of his career (half the guys on this website could coach Brentwood to winning seasons).  He got out schemed by Greene last year (LOL).

they over looked Rhea last year, Crawford even admitted it. They were looking at possible play-off opponents, huge mistake and we paid for it. Crawford is one of the more respected coaches in the state. We are happy to have him, he's taken a program that has been lingering around 5-5 the last few seasons(with similar talent level) and has them at 8-3 with a legit shot to make it to Cookeville. Totally different team from last year, and so are you guys. Just don't let your dislike of a man cloud your judgement of what is sure to be a great football game.

Cleveland is a great team, very athletic but i think pressure up front will be the key to Rhea on defense.  Even if Rhea doesn't get many sacks, just the pressure and forcing early throws will help the secondary.  Last year Rhea harassed the QB all game forced to picks one for a TD and had 3 or 4 sacks.  This one will fall on the Rhea defense and how well they play.

Edited by DBLOCK23

I've seen both rhea and cleveland play and both are teams really are playing some really good football right now.  that QB from Cleveland is the real deal, is anyone offered him? rhea plays hard and cleveland is more athletic so this game could come down to a mistake late in the game either way.  this one is gonna be too close to call.