South Doyle @ Anderson County 2nd RD

MAVERICK1995

Stop the Fox.

As in, Anderson County running back Matthew Fox.

That’s been the mission of many a defense this fall, and it has often been a failed mission.

Fox has rushed for more than, 2,300 yards in 11 games for Anderson County (10-1) this season.

The Mavericks will run Fox again Friday against visiting South-Doyle (7-4) in a Class 5A second-round game.

Fox took time out of his week to open up his PrepXtra profile.

Full name: Matthew Ryan Fox.

The “What Does the Fox Say?†song has: I wouldn’t say my life has changed, but it’s nice to hear it being played for me after a touchdown or good run.

Birth place: Jacksonville, Fla.

Birth date: Sept. 10, 1996.

Jersey number: I chose 43 because it was my dad’s number when he played for the Mavericks.

Position: running back.

Height: 5-9.

Weight: 190.

I started playingfootball in: seventh grade in Texas. I became bored with baseball and wanted to knock heads. It looked fun.

My biggest football influences. I have never really watched football: but I wanted to be like my dad and found that I love to play the game.

Rushing for 2,000 yards in the regular season was like: (it’s) time to set a new goal.

The toughest player I’ve played against has been: my own teammate, (offensive lineman) Matt Pyke. He’s an incredible athlete.

My proudest football moment is: setting the school (single-game) rushing record and beating it the following week.

Weirdest thing in my football locker: a parachute.

My pregame routine includes: a light pregame meal, dress out, pray and thank God. And then I listen to some Metallica.

The AC pregame firework show is: unlike anything I’ve ever experienced at another school.

Things I’d be willing to do or give up to win a state championship: practice seven days a week.

My best weight-room numbers are: bench press (290 pounds), squat (455), incline (265) and power clean (255).

Hobbies I have outside football are: playing video games or hanging out with friends.

Favorite website: YouTube.

Favorite phone app: Twitter/Instagram.

Twitter name: @Foxy_mama43.

Favorite follow on Twitter: @TheFBLife.

Favorite follower on Twitter: @AthleteStory.

Last movie I saw was: “Insidious 2.â€

Last song I downloaded was: Five Finger Death Punch, “Lift Me Up.â€

Most famous person I’ve met is: Actor Tony Moran (Michael Myers).

Three people I’d like to meet are: Peyton Manning, Michael Jordan and Rob Dyrdek.

My plans after high school include: college — to pursue a degree in engineering and hopefully (play) football.

Best piece of football/life advice I’ve received is: to make the most of opportunities, because second chances aren’t guaranteed.

I am sorry did not mean that neg meant you are always top notch I just mad at self caise I did not subscribe. was not mad. LOL you do such a good job just wanted clarify.

Stop the Fox.

As in, Anderson County running back Matthew Fox.

That’s been the mission of many a defense this fall, and it has often been a failed mission.

Fox has rushed for more than, 2,300 yards in 11 games for Anderson County (10-1) this season.

The Mavericks will run Fox again Friday against visiting South-Doyle (7-4) in a Class 5A second-round game.

Fox took time out of his week to open up his PrepXtra profile.

Full name: Matthew Ryan Fox.

The “What Does the Fox Say?†song has: I wouldn’t say my life has changed, but it’s nice to hear it being played for me after a touchdown or good run.

Birth place: Jacksonville, Fla.

Birth date: Sept. 10, 1996.

Jersey number: I chose 43 because it was my dad’s number when he played for the Mavericks.

Position: running back.

Height: 5-9.

Weight: 190.

I started playing

football in: seventh grade in Texas. I became bored with baseball and wanted to knock heads. It looked fun.

My biggest football influences. I have never really watched football: but I wanted to be like my dad and found that I love to play the game.

Rushing for 2,000 yards in the regular season was like: (it’s) time to set a new goal.

The toughest player I’ve played against has been: my own teammate, (offensive lineman) Matt Pyke. He’s an incredible athlete.

My proudest football moment is: setting the school (single-game) rushing record and beating it the following week.

Weirdest thing in my football locker: a parachute.

My pregame routine includes: a light pregame meal, dress out, pray and thank God. And then I listen to some Metallica.

The AC pregame firework show is: unlike anything I’ve ever experienced at another school.

Things I’d be willing to do or give up to win a state championship: practice seven days a week.

My best weight-room numbers are: bench press (290 pounds), squat (455), incline (265) and power clean (255).

Hobbies I have outside football are: playing video games or hanging out with friends.

Favorite website: YouTube.

Favorite phone app: Twitter/Instagram.

Twitter name: @Foxy_mama43.

Favorite follow on Twitter: @TheFBLife.

Favorite follower on Twitter: @AthleteStory.

Last movie I saw was: “Insidious 2.â€

Last song I downloaded was: Five Finger Death Punch, “Lift Me Up.â€

Most famous person I’ve met is: Actor Tony Moran (Michael Myers).

Three people I’d like to meet are: Peyton Manning, Michael Jordan and Rob Dyrdek.

My plans after high school include: college — to pursue a degree in engineering and hopefully (play) football.

Best piece of football/life advice I’ve received is: to make the most of opportunities, because second chances aren’t guaranteed.

I am sorry did not mean that neg meant you are always top notch I just mad at self caise I did not subscribe. was not mad. LOL you do such a good job just wanted clarify.

This kid (Man) is unbelievable! You have to be so proud. He has world by the tail and will do whatever he can imagine. All I can say to Matt is take it run with it. And all we want hear tomorrow night is "What The Fox Says" all night long. I have to meet this beast!

About this game. I've seen both play Cherokee. SD scored a TD with 3 seconds on the clock. We ultimately didn't have enough quickness to match SD.

We didn't have enough depth to play with AC. we never stopped AC on a drive that had #43 running the ball. We drove the ball with power and passing. SD won't. They'll use their quickness and I think AC can handle it.

I think AC wins by 28 if Fox is 100%. If he's 75% AC wins by 7. Less than that and SD wins. I know injuries better than I know football and that looked like a potential bad ankle sprain.

They tried to hook him with the question, "If you could go to any college, who would it be and why"? He answered that rather than pick schools by name, he'd rather wait and see what opportunities, if any present themselves. As for the hobbies list...His work ethic is incredible. Matt works as many hours as he can at his job. It was omitted but I told him it was worth a mention to show just how much he invests.

They tried to hook him with the question, "If you could go to any college, who would it be and why"? He answered that rather than pick schools by name, he'd rather wait and see what opportunities, if any present themselves. As for the hobbies list...His work ethic is incredible. Matt works as many hours as he can at his job. It was omitted but I told him it was worth a mention to show just how much he invests.

That's a leader. He'll go as far as he wants to with that work ethic. Impressed by his desire to get a fluff degree too, lol!

About this game. I've seen both play Cherokee. SD scored a TD with 3 seconds on the clock. We ultimately didn't have enough quickness to match SD.

We didn't have enough depth to play with AC. we never stopped AC on a drive that had #43 running the ball. We drove the ball with power and passing. SD won't. They'll use their quickness and I think AC can handle it.

I think AC wins by 28 if Fox is 100%. If he's 75% AC wins by 7. Less than that and SD wins. I know injuries better than I know football and that looked like a potential bad ankle sprain.

That is good news. We will have to wait and see A"What The Fox Says" about any injury.

As for the game...Fox will play. Is he 100%? He'll tell you he's 1000% whether he is or not. We'll let SD figure it out. All eyes on Fox...because we like that. There are so many other weapons in our arsenal. Be afraid...very very afraid! lol It's called a team for a reason and we are THE MAVERICKS!

Edited by Foxman43