Northside vs Dyersburg

mg

Northside appears to be on the upswing as they have peaked at the right time. They will roll into JC Sawyers stadium looking to knock off another top seed team.

The Trojans did play poorly in the first half against Crockett County, taking the opening kick off and driving to the Cavilar 2 and fumbling. Several drive ending fumbles, penalties, etc. however, the second half was a different tale as they put up 21 points.

Northside will be fired up, as they thumped Dyersburg in a preason scrimmage.

Season Note:

first 4 games of the season, when Dyersburg defense was hampered by injuries, gave up 23 points a game. Once the defense got healthy, they are now only allowing 10 points a game. I am so proud of our defense, from where they started, and how they have progressed with each game.

This should be another great challenge for Dyersburg. Hope Northside brings a huge crowd.

Hope Dyersburg brings their A game, cause Northside would love to knock us off our perch.

Edited by mg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Northside brings lot of fans to away games? Or will it be like the Memphis teams, bus drivers, plus cheer leaders?

Are you comparing NS to Memphis teams because their team is made up of players from low income African American families or because, like the Memphis teams, they regularly beat rural west tn teams?

The question was, does Jackson Northside bring a lot of fans? Or, are their fans like Memphis City fans who do not support their teams. Not what color is the skin of Jackson Northside fans, are they like Memphis City who is mostly minority, poor, and from broken homes, gangs, high crime, and other assumptions that you are trying to infer????

Sounds like you have a inferiority complex, or maybe just paranoid.

Just answer the question, does Northside bring a lot of fans?

Edited by mg

The question was, does Jackson Northside bring a lot of fans? Or, are their fans like Memphis City fans who do not support their teams. Not what color is the skin of Jackson Northside fans, are they like Memphis City who is mostly minority, poor, and from broken homes, gangs, high crime, and other assumptions that you are trying to infer????

Sounds like you have a inferiority complex, or maybe just paranoid.

Just answer the question, does Northside bring a lot of fans?

The answer is no.... they won't bring a lot of fans. Honestly, I think it will be very obvious whose team is inferior Friday night. I think Northside is a better team than Crockett, but Dyersburg will win by about the same score 28-7. Stowe will have their minds right and they won't make the same mistakes.

The answer is no.... they won't bring a lot of fans. Honestly, I think it will be very obvious whose team is inferior Friday night. I think Northside is a better team than Crockett, but Dyersburg will win by about the same score 28-7. Stowe will have their minds right and they won't make the same mistakes.

That is why I like the rural small town high school football. Nothing like a Milan and Huntingdon match up on Friday night, where the whole town is at the stadium.

Dyersburg still has great fan support. The schools are the center of community pride. And that is why I like living in small towns, community still means something, especially on Friday night in the fall.

North Side has been trying for a few years to get Milan on the schedule for the gate.  Milan didnt want any!!!  Maybe they didnt want the game cause we supposedly dont travel well but I doubt that is the reason.

Edited by slapper

When we went to Northside they had a small home crowd

Hey Noah, you guys have a good band, and I love the way you support your football team during the game.

Also, I noticed you guys stood the entire game, did not sit in the bleachers? Someone said you guys gave up your seats for the fans? Is that true? If so, then that is first class, and another reason your band is first class.

Hey Noah, you guys have a good band, and I love the way you support your football team during the game.

Also, I noticed you guys stood the entire game, did not sit in the bleachers? Someone said you guys gave up your seats for the fans? Is that true? If so, then that is first class, and another reason your band is first class.

Best band I've seen all year. Class acts for sure. Much respect.

North Side has been trying for a few years to get Milan on the schedule for the gate.  Milan didnt want any!!!  Maybe they didnt want the game cause we supposedly dont travel well but I doubt that is the reason.

1st of all...milan turns down anyone bigger than them with a decent team to play during the regular season nondistrict play...

milan is the ONLY  team in a lower division that liberty would play because of their tradition and outstanding performance during the playoffs...and milan wont even scrimmage us during the spring...

we play jcm because we have to...south side is a rivalry game...supposedly...and we make $$$ off it...

my personaly opinion...milan wont play liberty for 2 reasons...theyll get beat...obviously this year...but in general...when milan is at their best...and liberty doesnt have enough fans to make a nice gate fee to split