11 AA 2013-2014 predictions? Players to watch?

basketballjones

Coulter Dotson

Freshman point guard Hunter Vick for Camden. Had 20+points 10 assists and 5 or 6 steals and all in the flow of the game.  We had the district MVP 2 years ago named Hunter Culp. From what i saw tonight  Vick is as good a shooter right now as Culp was his Senior year and a better ball handler.Camden is never really that good at basketball we are a football/baseball kinda town. We will run middle of the pack this year as usual. We have a new coach . Waverly is the basketball town if they aint good coach gets fired..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Freshman point guard Hunter Vick for Camden. Had 20+points 10 assists and 5 or 6 steals and all in the flow of the game.  We had the district MVP 2 years ago named Hunter Culp. From what i saw tonight  Vick is as good a shooter right now as Culp was his Senior year and a better ball handler.Camden is never really that good at basketball we are a football/baseball kinda town. We will run middle of the pack this year as usual. We have a new coach . Waverly is the basketball town if they aint good coach gets fired..

What happened to Coach Trammell? Thought he did a good job at Camden.

What happened to Coach Trammell? Thought he did a good job at Camden.

He did a fantastic job at Camden and the whole town and kids loved him!  Any coach that wins 20 games a year at Camden 3 out of 4 years has worked a miracle in my opinion. He wasn't from here but he played college ball in state and took his first job here. He  was home sick so he moved back north. Maryland I think it was but not sure,all those Yankee states are the same to me:P we will miss him and wish him well but out new coach seems to know his stuff as well. Coach Roberts.

Think that they put him in private school in 8th gradel to hold him out another year.  Don't think that he will ever play at Creekwood.  He is a good player.

Funny Hunter is from Camden but has gone to private school his whole life until this year!The town should all collectively hug his neck because I know we got a top notch player, division one recruit in my opinion.He is an even better young man. 

He did a fantastic job at Camden and the whole town and kids loved him!  Any coach that wins 20 games a year at Camden 3 out of 4 years has worked a miracle in my opinion. He wasn't from here but he played college ball in state and took his first job here. He  was home sick so he moved back north. Maryland I think it was but not sure,all those Yankee states are the same to me:P we will miss him and wish him well but out new coach seems to know his stuff as well. Coach Roberts.

Thanks for the info Beagle. Always liked Coach Trammel and wish him nothing but the best "up north."

Hopefully Coach Roberts can build on the success the Lions have enjoyed since getting out of that west Tn district.

as an added note I sure wish we could have hired that fine fellow from Cheatham county..anyone know if he took another job and if so what school?

Dawson got out of teaching/coaching altogether, but is still a big fan/supporter of Cubs basketball.

Funny Hunter is from Camden but has gone to private school his whole life until this year!The town should all collectively hug his neck because I know we got a top notch player, division one recruit in my opinion.He is an even better young man. 

If this young man is as good as you describe then the future should be very bright for the Lions. Best of luck to Camden this season.

Thanks for the info Beagle. Always liked Coach Trammel and wish him nothing but the best "up north."

Hopefully Coach Roberts can build on the success the Lions have enjoyed since getting out of that west Tn district.

Dawson got out of teaching/coaching altogether, but is still a big fan/supporter of Cubs basketball.

If this young man is as good as you describe then the future should be very bright for the Lions. Best of luck to Camden this season.

To bad about Dawson the game lost one heck of a coach!

Who wins harpeth vs creekwood tonight? Harpeth played Waverly tough

Friday night so based on that I give them the edge. Dont think CW will be able

to match up with Harpeth on block. CW is really guard oriented. I also think 

Harpeth kind of has CW's number. Seems like they are in CW players heads.

They usually are more physical than CW. Tonight should be fun though

The Camden freshman just put the team on his back and  put up 38 on 10-12 shooting

8-10 from 3. never saw anything like him.Only one shot was what i would call not good and only because he hesitated for a second and then rushed to get it off. It was one of his misses the other was his first shot.

looks to be about 6'2" with 6'7" very likely from his shoe size.

Edited by Beagle

The Camden freshman just put the team on his back and  put up 38 on 10-12 shooting

8-10 from 3. never saw anything like him.Only one shot was what i would call not good and only because he hesitated for a second and then rushed to get it off. It was one of his misses the other was his first shot.

looks to be about 6'2" with 6'7" very likely from his shoe size.

Sounds pretty scary for the rest of 11aa the next 4 years. May have to try to make it over to Creekwood when Camden comes to town and check him out.