Harpeth Middle School Tournament November 16, 2013

mrwrestling

The Harpeth Miiddle School wrestling tournament will take place on Saturday, November 16, 2013. The tournament will be a 16 man double elimination tournament.

There will be awards for the top 4 teams and the top four individuals in each weight class. Currently there is room for three teams. 

If you are interested in entering, contact me at ricky.woods@ccstn.org

Weight Classes: 76, 83, 91, 99, 106, 113, 119, 125, 131, 141, 151, 165, 185, 225, 250

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the teams wrestling in the tournament?

The Harpeth Miiddle School wrestling tournament will take place on Saturday, November 16, 2013. The tournament will be a 16 man double elimination tournament.

There will be awards for the top 4 teams and the top four individuals in each weight class. Currently there is room for three teams. 

If you are interested in entering, contact me at ricky.woods@ccstn.org

Weight Classes: 76, 83, 91, 99, 106, 113, 119, 125, 131, 141, 151, 165, 185, 225, 250

Sounds like a good one!  I thought Grassland  and some of those Williamson county teams usually did this though?  

I believe the Williamson County teams have their conference championships this coming weekend.  It's too bad we can't get the whole state on the same MS season and actually have a Middle School State Championship.

Edited by deadlift

I believe the Williamson County teams have their conference championships this coming weekend.  It's too bad we can't get the whole state on the same MS season and actually have a Middle School State Championship.

There is no advantage to getting the whole state in on a middle school season, as it is regulated by the TSSAA... and adding M to that title doesn't change the fact that their regulations only serve to restrict the growth of our sport. The boys will get enough "guidance" from TSSAA during the four years they have to follow their "guidelines".

There is no advantage to getting the whole state in on a middle school season, as it is regulated by the TSSAA... and adding M to that title doesn't change the fact that their regulations only serve to restrict the growth of our sport. The boys will get enough "guidance" from TSSAA during the four years they have to follow their "guidelines".

I do understand and agree with the point you are trying to make.  The only point I was trying to make is that I would like it better if all the middle school teams were on the same schedule for the purpose of competition.  I like dual meets and would like to see every MS team have the opportunity to dual any other MS team on any given weekend.  Right now some of the teams in middle TN are finishing up while others are just starting.  Some of the Chattanooga area MS teams do not finish up until right before AAU state.  So in no way am I advocating all teams fall under the TMSSA for a standard season.  I just want everyone wrestling at the same time because it would be convenient for me. 

I do understand and agree with the point you are trying to make.  The only point I was trying to make is that I would like it better if all the middle school teams were on the same schedule for the purpose of competition.  I like dual meets and would like to see every MS team have the opportunity to dual any other MS team on any given weekend.  Right now some of the teams in middle TN are finishing up while others are just starting.  Some of the Chattanooga area MS teams do not finish up until right before AAU state.  So in no way am I advocating all teams fall under the TMSSA for a standard season.  I just want everyone wrestling at the same time because it would be convenient for me. 

Fair enough.