Columbia Acad. (10-1) @ Nashville Christian. (10-1)

youthsportsPIX

I'm totally biased on this one but I think NCS is a much better team than CA.  However, if you look at these two teams common opponents (Ezell & Davidson) you could make a case for CA being just as good or better.  The game might be closer than a lot are expecting but I still think NCS will win.  They have the ability to pound the rock on anybody in 1A and they play good defense. 

If I could, I'd give one bit of advice to Coach Brothers moving forward...pound the rock with Bituli from here on out. He needs to get the ball at least 30 times a game.  Also, I'd instruct Bituli to keep it north and south.  I saw him try to bounce it outside too many times against JB in both games.  He's too big and strong to be worrying about that.  Make the opposing team have to tackle him 30 or more times a game and by the 4th quarter they won't want any more of him, #50, and the rest of the NCS line.  In my opinion, all that passing does is level the playing field.

I'm totally biased on this one but I think NCS is a much better team than CA.  However, if you look at these two teams common opponents (Ezell & Davidson) you could make a case for CA being just as good or better.  The game might be closer than a lot are expecting but I still think NCS will win.  They have the ability to pound the rock on anybody in 1A and they play good defense. 

If I could, I'd give one bit of advice to Coach Brothers moving forward...pound the rock with Bituli from here on out. He needs to get the ball at least 30 times a game.  Also, I'd instruct Bituli to keep it north and south.  I saw him try to bounce it outside too many times against JB in both games.  He's too big and strong to be worrying about that.  Make the opposing team have to tackle him 30 or more times a game and by the 4th quarter they won't want any more of him, #50, and the rest of the NCS line.  In my opinion, all that passing does is level the playing field.

With the forecast now showing 70% chance of rain, my guess would be Bituli right, Bituli left, Bituli/Young up the middle - first down.  Repeat, repeat, repeat.

Last week's rushing stats - Bituli (24 carries, 205 yards), Young (18 carries, 116 yards).

Edited by NCSdad1962

If you are going to compare numbers, you should use percentages. There are way more public athletes than private. So naturally, there are more of them receiving scholarships. Oh, and by the way, TSSAA' s 1.8 multiplier is a joke. It only moves 1a's problem up to 2a. And so on. It has no bearing in class 3A (5a-6a). A complete split in the playoffs is the only way to solve this. Let them play anyone who'll schedule them during the season.

Ever heard of a couple of team in 3A called CPA and CAK!!!! 

Ever heard of a couple of team in 3A called CPA and CAK!!!!

Class 3A is (5a-6a). As I plainly stated in the post. Yes, I've heard of them. They are prime examples of my argument. The 3A you speak of is the lower classification of 2A (3a-4a). I guess I should have shown it as class AAA Edited by 91LANDERS

Okaaaaaaaaaay........ I know it's only Tuesday but where is everybody?  We do have a game Friday night, don't we?  Not asking for a bunch of smack talk, just wanna know if anyone thinks CA stands a chance (just kidding)?  

I'm hoping to get some time tonight to watch film of the CA vs. Mount Pleasant, Collinwood, and Wayne County (second) games.  What should I be watching for?

Okaaaaaaaaaay........ I know it's only Tuesday but where is everybody? We do have a game Friday night, don't we? Not asking for a bunch of smack talk, just wanna know if anyone thinks CA stands a chance (just kidding)?

I'm hoping to get some time tonight to watch film of the CA vs. Mount Pleasant, Collinwood, and Wayne County (second) games. What should I be watching for?

#1....and NCS/CA has made to many enemies with the redneck hillbilly comments for anyone to care. I know it's not you or the other NCSdad but a couple of bad apples ruins it for the rest. Y'all two dads and monkey wrench are the only three I read anymore.

#1....and NCS/CA has made to many enemies with the redneck hillbilly comments for anyone to care. I know it's not you or the other NCSdad but a couple of bad apples ruins it for the rest. Y'all two dads and monkey wrench are the only three I read anymore.

I completely understand.  It's a shame that those who want to talk about their teams have to put up with the other stuff.

I completely understand. It's a shame that those who want to talk about their teams have to put up with the other stuff.

Yep, but #1 for CA is a very good WR/DB. Does the NCS D have a good secondary player? WC had to keep our best on him all night. He kept him at bay most the night but #1 still got a big play. So when you watch film, watch for him. #9 is good player too....I would say, #1, #9, & #10 would be the guys to watch.

Yep, but #1 for CA is a very good WR/DB. Does the NCS D have a good secondary player? WC had to keep our best on him all night. He kept him at bay most the night but #1 still got a big play. So when you watch film, watch for him. #9 is good player too....I would say, #1, #9, & #10 would be the guys to watch.

Thanks for the film advice.  I've been hearing about #1.  Our QB is our safety so he's pretty good at reading an offense.  And we have two very capable DBs but my concern is the height of those three.  I'll bet the DBs are 5'8" and 5'9" and our QB is maybe 5'10".  If the CA QB can throw it where only #1 can get it we may be in trouble.  Hopefully, his accuracy will be a little off.  

Our secondary played well against JB last Friday. One of their best games as a unit this season I believe. Adkins tried to take advantage of one of our young DBs a few times and he held his own in coverage. Hopefully they will be up to the task this Friday as well!

Okaaaaaaaaaay........ I know it's only Tuesday but where is everybody?  We do have a game Friday night, don't we?  Not asking for a bunch of smack talk, just wanna know if anyone thinks CA stands a chance (just kidding)?  

I'm hoping to get some time tonight to watch film of the CA vs. Mount Pleasant, Collinwood, and Wayne County (second) games.  What should I be watching for?

Stop the run first and make em pass. #1 is good and #10 is a good scrambler and was very accurate both times we played them. The first game we stopped the run but could not get to #10 with our rush consistently. They have a good screen pass play that they like to run. This time we could not stop the run to make them have to pass. #1 does not have great speed but he has good hands and is tall and has some hops. He and the quarterback have good timing and trust one another. However, there defense usually gives up alot of plays in the run game. We were not as successful running the ball on them this time. We did have one long one called back though. Pound the ball they don't like it. Once you stop the run I hope you've got some good pass rushers.  #10 is a thin kid but he feels the rush good and is hard to sack. If you're as good as advertised you will win easily provided you take care of the ball.

Edited by catsdad