Tri-County Seven- Week #2

coachh17

Lady Cyclones are taller and that is it. The Lady Dogs did a great job on the Marosite twins, I think they had 6 pts each. That is some pretty good defense. Lady Bulldogs played 9 players and remember their 6' 2 center is on the bench on crutches. Got freshmen trying to fill her spot at the moment. Offensive rebounding is what won the game for the Lady Cyclones and that alone. I know you look through orange colored glasses, but give the Lady Dogs some credit. I still say they get more out of what they've got than the Lady Cyclones. Look forward to the rematch in 10 days

Don't forget the cyclones are a very young team and are going to get better.I'm not saying the bulldogs are not good and I know they will get better to and like I said in a earlier post the bulldogs always play us hard and competitive and we seem to find a way to win.A win is a win no matter how you get the job done.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lady Cyclones are taller and that is it. The Lady Dogs did a great job on the Marosite twins, I think they had 6 pts each. That is some pretty good defense. Lady Bulldogs played 9 players and remember their 6' 2 center is on the bench on crutches. Got freshmen trying to fill her spot at the moment. Offensive rebounding is what won the game for the Lady Cyclones and that alone. I know you look through orange colored glasses, but give the Lady Dogs some credit. I still say they get more out of what they've got than the Lady Cyclones. Look forward to the rematch in 10 days

No doubt my glasses are orange tinted....lol!  I believe yours have a powder blue hue....lol!  That is what makes it fun.  I meant no disrespect to the Lady Dogs.  Outside of Bulldog land, I am probably one of Hampton and Coach Tolley's biggest supporters.  I have them ranked #2 and think they have a good shot to go way down the road in Single A.  I have not seen the box score since my paper delivery was apparently snowed out.  The Lady Dogs certainly kept the Marosites well below their averages.  The point I am making is that even when that happens the Lady Cyclones still got an 11 point win on the road against a very good and well coached team.  Pietrowski and Robinson used their height, strength, and length to control the paint for much of the game.  Sarah Bradley ran things well from the point and Melenda Perry, Kiser, Schubert, and Burleson made meaningful contributions off the bench.  When Coach Dugger went to man to man defense in the third and fourth quarters, the Lady Dogs had trouble scoring against the taller Lady Cyclones.  The rematch should be fun as both teams will keep improving.  I am betting the Marosites will have better scoring games next time, so the Lady Dogs will need to bring their "A" game. 

No doubt my glasses are orange tinted....lol!  I believe yours have a powder blue hue....lol!  That is what makes it fun.  I meant no disrespect to the Lady Dogs.  Outside of Bulldog land, I am probably one of Hampton and Coach Tolley's biggest supporters.  I have them ranked #2 and think they have a good shot to go way down the road in Single A.  I have not seen the box score since my paper delivery was apparently snowed out.  The Lady Dogs certainly kept the Marosites well below their averages.  The point I am making is that even when that happens the Lady Cyclones still got an 11 point win on the road against a very good and well coached team.  Pietrowski and Robinson used their height, strength, and length to control the paint for much of the game.  Sarah Bradley ran things well from the point and Melenda Perry, Kiser, Schubert, and Burleson made meaningful contributions off the bench.  When Coach Dugger went to man to man defense in the third and fourth quarters, the Lady Dogs had trouble scoring against the taller Lady Cyclones.  The rematch should be fun as both teams will keep improving.  I am betting the Marosites will have better scoring games next time, so the Lady Dogs will need to bring their "A" game.

Volunteer tried man to man on us and we slipped in the back door on them a bunch. I think they were wore dowm from the press. Volunteer can't go deep