Anderson County 2014

Mav4life

M4L, I didn't think you had a bad motive in what you posted. For the length of time I've been on this board I've said some things that rubbed folks the wrong way without meaning to. It happens just because we can't read inflection, see facial cues and that kind of thing.

With that said, I think the secondaries we've had over the years have been unfairly maligned. And that includes this year. I defended them early on when lots of posters (a certain admitted ex AC fan mostly) were saying we'd be in trouble there. I think on the whole I turned out to be correct. Lots of positions and individual players have been singled out for ridicule over the years. A fair number of AC "fans" seem particularly "adept" at that. Oftentimes I was the only person on here who defended them. I appreciate objectivity as much as the next man, but olhickory is correct that we should definitely lean toward uncritical support, much like Maryville fans do. As an example, earlier this year a Maryville poster or two started criticizing their defense and a defensive coach. Those critical posts were absolutely lamblasted by many other Maryville fans, who called into question the critical poster's status as a true fan (of course, looking at their performance this year, it looks like this is one of their best defensive units ever!). I think that's what olhickory is getting at. :)

I've said before and say again I continue to enjoy your stats and interaction on CoachT.

I get that 100% and honestly meant nothing bad by what I said, I think Oskie just took me the complete wrong way, I am an will be an avid fan of this staff, I guess I just better watch the way I post things in the future as your right, its hard to read people on a board and adding lol after the end of a comment is just not good enouph:).

Then all you have to do is admit youre wrong. To state that it has been a weakness for twenty years is totally incorrect. The 97 secondary with Bobby Bailey, Nick Derry, Daniel Berry, jonathan Chadwell and Jerry Townsend was a strength of that team. The 95 team with Brian Maupin, Gillum, Seth Thackerand Curtis Larue was a strength. The 00 team with Kenny Patterson, Lee Risden, Matt Price and Frank phillips was a strength. The 01 team with Sean Mounts, Chad Deal, Rob Wright and Frank Phillips was a strength. The 03 team with Zach Lambert, Zele Rogers, Cody Owens and Sean Mounts was a strength. The 96 secondary with Gillum, Caleb Slover , Nick Derry was a strength. Now in your wisdom tell me Im wrong and then name the weak secondaries. I think youve already mentioned 97 which i really, really disagre with

Actually I can agree with this 100% and i do not beleive I said 97 was a week one as I sai 98 and 99, I thought 97 was actually one of the best we ever had, I admitted that the 20 year comment was probably incorrect, you dd a good job in listing strong ones and I have said that my comment was not meant to imply that every year was bad, I just think tht you took that the wrong way and I am sorry it sounded line that, I admit the commen was wron and that maybe its more 50/50 over the past 20 seasons, but what are your thoughts on how it will be next year and how it has been in more rescent seasons, I honestly meant what I said when I told you that I would like the input of an ex-coach, the only thing that I did not appreciate was the way you responded so negativley and defensively to start with, lets tey it again realizing we are on the same page, what are your thoughts.

Oskie takes things like this very seriously. He has given much of his life to Maverick football and you insulted him and a lot of players with your thoughtless comment. Oskie has lived and breathed Mav football for 30 years.

Amen, Oskie!  You're pretty much the foundation of and the guiding hand for the program if you is who I think you is!  It's great to be a part of the herd!!!

Edited by MavMaximus

I want to add that I believe the 99 team with Kenny Patterson, Matt Ross, Adam Thurman and Andy Musgrave were a strength

This group was 2000 season seniors, in 99 it was definately our weekness, Wilbanks was tuff and we held a lot of teams to low scores that year (other than maryville lol) but pretty much all the scoring on our d that year came in the passing game, we were very good against the run, descent in pass coveraga, but it was still our weakness

Oskie takes things like this very seriously. He has given much of his life to Maverick football and you insulted him and a lot of players with your thoughtless comment. Oskie has lived and breathed Mav football for 30 years.

Oskie man, like I said I meant nothing close to the way you took the comment, and if you are who I think you are I always respected you as a coach and know you gave a lot to the herd and it is much appreciated, just know I am not the type to demean the coaching staff for AC past or present, I just think you took my comment wrongly, thats all