Maryville's D against Blackman

MurvulDrummer

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hind sight 20/20 I guess. Blackman's running game is strong, however I remember some plays where Maryville threw them for a loss and put them in a situation where they had to throw. I also remember Blackman converted some big third downs throwing the ball. I think our defense earned this win, as opposed to "catching a break" on the opponent's play calling. 

Hind sight 20/20 I guess. Blackman's running game is strong, however I remember some plays where Maryville threw them for a loss and put them in a situation where they had to throw. I also remember Blackman converted some big third downs throwing the ball. I think our defense earned this win, as opposed to "catching a break" on the opponent's play calling. 

I wouldn't mind admitting that Blackman likely would have won had they kept the ball on the ground.  However, they didn't and Maryville took advantage.  Our defense stepped up when Blackman made the mistake of throwing the ball against us.  However, I also don't think Maryville played their best defensive game.  I also think that if a couple of holding calls are actually made against the Blackman tackle then that would have made a difference in the effectiveness of their running game.

By the way, FBGuru, are you from Murfreesboro?

Oh and lets not forget the infamous offsides on the offense? Mind you not making any excuses but I have played at all levels and never have seen that call made in all my years as it was made the other night!!!

As pointed out by another poster on Volquest...There were actually 5 off sides called during Blackmans first two series....two were jumps and three was your left guard lining up with his head over the ball....and the flags were thrown before the snap. The block in the back was obvious and right in front of the ref. Maybe you should be complaining about the discipline....or lack of it. Credit to your coaching staff....they righted the ship in the second quarter. Refs had nothing to do with the outcome. Maryville outplayed and out executed Blackman from the 2nd quarter until the end of the game. Go watch the film then get back to us...ok?

Also, there was an obvious motion by your tailback on your 2nd score that wasn't called, inside the 5. It was a big no-call.. We assumed the white hat was giving you a break.

Also, there was an obvious motion by your tailback on your 2nd score that wasn't called, inside the 5. It was a big no-call.. We assumed the white hat was giving you a break.

Ohh wow... that one was so blatant it is amazing how it was not called.  The running back fell to the ground trying not to move early.  I can't remember what play that was on, but it was either on the 1 or on 6.  If it happened on the 6 then it would have been huge because they would have had to pass the ball to get a touchdown, and that would have played into Maryville's favor.

Actually that's not a false start if you lean and start earlier all you have to do is go in motion or simulate motion by running in place which he did which was smart by him most high school players and evidently fans don't know this, by the way guys I am just really talking football I have no excuses, and neither does the player raised in this household you all won fair and square and my hats off to you all