Maryville's D against Blackman

MurvulDrummer

I am from Texas, been living in rutherford county for a while though

Ohh okay,  I worked in Rutherford County this summer.  I helped to decide the legal case that involved the Blackman Middle School wrestling building.  Not sure if you know anything about that, but it was pretty interesting.  Spent about 2 months living in Murfreesboro and working on that case.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not familiar with it but now that you say that would definitely be interested in reading up on it where can I obtain info

Not sure where the best place would be.  You could try to google it and find some news articles, but they aren't extremely descriptive.  The local Murfreesboro paper covered the case so if you are really interested you might be able to go by their office and ask if they have a copy of the paper from September 10th of this year.  The case was interesting and had a lot of political implications involving the current sheriff, the former sheriff, a former SRO officer, a non profit organization, the school board, etc.  Basically it revolved around whether the wrestling building on Blackman Middle School's campus, and its contents, belonged to the Rutherford Wrestling Club, a private non-profit org., or if it belonged to the county.  Very tough case.

Oh ok thanks I have a few buddies that work for the paper

So ill get some info , that sounds interesting I can only imagine how tough of a case that was on either side of the argument

I think you could also go up to the courthouse and ask to read the decision I helped to write.  However, the decision is something like 30 pages long so I am not sure how fun that would be to read.  haha

Ohh wow... that one was so blatant it is amazing how it was not called.  The running back fell to the ground trying not to move early.  I can't remember what play that was on, but it was either on the 1 or on 6.  If it happened on the 6 then it would have been huge because they would have had to pass the ball to get a touchdown, and that would have played into Maryville's favor.

The way I remember it, the "no call" for motion was followed by "illegal equipment" call that might have been a makeup call.  The TB didn't have a mouthpiece in (I'm a Rebel fan but this was still a bush call in a semifinal game).  However, the Rebels still got the five yards in penalty that they should have gotten on the motion "no call".  IMO a make up call.