The Power Lies On The East side of the State

greengreen22

I'm not against school choice. I Think parents and kids should be able to send their kids where they want to go. I'm not saying Alcoa did anything wrong. They played within the rules as they exist. They have a great team. They deserve their championship.

But I am stating that the TSSAA should reclassify open enrollment schools going forward. The rule should simple be if kids from other cities and counties can attend your school For a fee/tuition then a multiplier should be applied just like the privates. If it's 300 schools or 10 schools those schools have an advantage and should have a multiplier.

Metro Schools and smaller county schools where this advantage does not occur should petition the TSSAA for this change.

I'm not against school choice. I Think parents and kids should be able to send their kids where they want to go. I'm not saying Alcoa did anything wrong. They played within the rules as they exist. They have a great team. They deserve their championship.

But I am stating that the TSSAA should reclassify open enrollment schools going forward. The rule should simple be if kids from other cities and counties can attend your school For a fee/tuition then a multiplier should be applied just like the privates. If it's 300 schools or 10 schools those schools have an advantage and should have a multiplier.

Metro Schools and smaller county schools where this advantage does not occur should petition the TSSAA for this change.

http://www.thedailytimes.com/Local_News/story/Alcoa-officials-pitch-new-high-school-id-020068

Like I said. If you are a private school and you don't like the multiplier,then there is a place for you and thats where you should play. Go play in division ll. If your a school that doesn't have open enrollment then change the laws in your area. ALCOA (as far as I know,and at least since 1977) has always had open enrollment to "any" kid who wants to attend ALCOA. Before ALCOA started beating the crap out of most schools in the area and all the west tn teams,it never seemed to come up. So whats really bugging you guys? Getting beat!!

Thanks ICM. According to their hometown paper the facts show more than 1 out if 3 students pay tuition to attend Alcoa. 36%

That means we should expect about 8 out of the first 22 or 16 out of the two deep on the roster were out of zone. No way only 3-4 players out of 193 play football.

But It only takes 1-2 good ones to make a huge difference anyway. This is the logic for the multiplier for privates. Same should apply to Alcoa.

Take 536 students times 1.8 = 964

Is 964 students 4A or 5A?

Either way Alcoa should play that classification going forward. Point made.

No hate. Just facts and logic.

Thanks ICM. According to their hometown paper the facts show more than 1 out if 3 students pay tuition to attend Alcoa. 36%

That means we should expect about 8 out of the first 22 or 16 out of the two deep on the roster were out of zone. No way only 3-4 players out of 193 play football.

But It only takes 1-2 good ones to make a huge difference anyway. This is the logic for the multiplier for privates. Same should apply to Alcoa.

Take 536 students times 1.8 = 964

Is 964 students 4A or 5A?

Either way Alcoa should play that classification going forward. Point made.

No hate. Just facts and logic.

First off,the Daily Times is not ALCOA's home town paper. Its Maryvilles home town paper . Secondly. If you believe anything that rag says,then you'll believe anything. You also take a lot of liberties and conjecture with your adding and multiplying. Getting that rear end kicked must do something to those brains out west also! LOL

964 students is 4A. Alcoa would be 4A and get that game with Fulton they've been wanting...unless Fulton is also open enrollment and also got bumped up. Ha!

This makes too much sense which is why the TSSAA won't likely pass it.

I'm honestly wondering why Alcoa fans wouldn't want it?? Don't hate. Give an honest response.

I have been listening to ICM and Coach77 blab about this for 16 pages. I recommend that you two just get a room. You think you have seen a UFO and you sound like idiots trying to explain what you think you saw.

This same venom is being spewed on a Maryville thread as well. You have no idea what it takes for these kids to reach the level they have. The Coaches work hard to make it substainable year after year as well by getting the young kids varsity playing time. All this while other teams play there starters all 4 qtrs and talk about how many points they scored. Then when we beat you, you complain that its impossible to do what Alcoa and Maryville have done.

Whatever the number of ooz kids are, they still have to out work, out practice, then out perform your team. All the while being undersized and not considered DI talent.

I have been listening to ICM and Coach77 blab about this for 16 pages. I recommend that you two just get a room. You think you have seen a UFO and you sound like idiots trying to explain what you think you saw.

This same venom is being spewed on a Maryville thread as well. You have no idea what it takes for these kids to reach the level they have. The Coaches work hard to make it substainable year after year as well by getting the young kids varsity playing time. All this while other teams play there starters all 4 qtrs and talk about how many points they scored. Then when we beat you, you complain that its impossible to do what Alcoa and Maryville have done.

Whatever the number of ooz kids are, they still have to out work, out practice, then out perform your team. All the while being undersized and not considered DI talent.

No idea what it takes??  Apparently, it takes 36% mercenaries.  It's statistically impossible to win championships over a 3+ decade period with the small population sample of alcoa city.  If I told you that Maplewood had won 13 state titles and their student body was comprised of 36% OOZ kids, you would think the same thing.  Every program has down years, even the great ones.  But not alcoa.  Why is alcoa immune to the natural troughs in production and talent?

Why wouldn't you welcome the opportunity to play up in 4A?  Isn't that the next progression - move up? There's obviously no competition for you in 3A.

No idea what it takes??  Apparently, it takes 36% mercenaries.  It's statistically impossible to win championships over a 3+ decade period with the small population sample of alcoa city.  If I told you that Maplewood had won 13 state titles and their student body was comprised of 36% OOZ kids, you would think the same thing.  Every program has down years, even the great ones.  But not alcoa.  Why is alcoa immune to the natural troughs in production and talent?

Why wouldn't you welcome the opportunity to play up in 4A?  Isn't that the next progression - move up? There's obviously no competition for you in 3A.

Who said that Alcoa hasn't had down years? We've had open enrollment since the 70's and had plenty of down years. And why do you keep harping on Alcoa playing in 4A or playing Fulton? Just look at the outcomes of AHS vs FHS and you will find that AHS has won the lion's share. Also look at our record against other 4a and DII schools over the years. When Alcoa moves up to 4A, and that will be soon, it will be the same ole song on the T. yadda yadda yadda OZ this and OZ that...blah blah blah! Just line up and stop them, or shut up-please!

Edited by alcoafan72