8aa

cannonpride

That second five from LA can do just as much damage as the starters, then add to that the freshman class coming off a state championship. They'll be right back up there next year. I do agree that Central will be first or second. Melton for smith is just a junior as well so they'll really just need to find a post game. I think Macon will be the opposite. Adding Gregory to the post with Anderson(she's coming back right? Can't remember...) will just mean they need some ball handling and shooters.

That second five from LA can do just as much damage as the starters, then add to that the freshman class coming off a state championship. They'll be right back up there next year. I do agree that Central will be first or second. Melton for smith is just a junior as well so they'll really just need to find a post game. I think Macon will be the opposite. Adding Gregory to the post with Anderson(she's coming back right? Can't remember...) will just mean they need some ball handling and shooters.

Don't mention Gregory going to Macon. Lol it still hurts to know what could've been this season if we would've had an inside presence.

Next year in 8-AA will be the same as usual. ONE TOUGH DISTRICT! Macon looked young this year, so they should be pretty good. LA will lose 4 srs. this year but have 4 jrs. and on soph who saw a lot of playing time this year coming back, so they will be good. Upperman was young as well this year and I see them in the mix. Smith Co. will be good with Hackett still there. Cannon Co. will be good but Sissom-less for the first time in a few years, but #4 looks young and impressive and Dodgen is a good coach. York, well...they are gonna continue to struggle IMO. DeKalb will be a quality opponent but not a contender although there program is headed in the right direction. Central Magnent will be loaded with everyone returning.

you are correct this was the youngest and inexperienced team macon's had in about 6 or 7 years.they will return all starters plus one back from injury and maybe some more help but they need it in this district.by no means am I saying they will dominate cause they still have work to do but they should be much better.

• Upvote 1

Im assuming Claudia Smith sat this game out? ANother very impressive performance by Hackett...is she entertaining any offers to play at the next level yet?

Also congrats to Cannon on their championship victory over LA tonight 56-54. Caught the last quarter on the radio.

Smith sat this game out. And I think Hackett has maybe Tech and Peay I think. I'm sure more will come. And yes a great championship game. More than likely will see each other again but you never know.

Being from east tn, i am real familiar with gatlinburg, fulton, grainger, cak, elizabethton........but not so much with west or middle (except i know that 8aa is loaded). can someone tell me if its possible that 8aa can sweep the first round of the regionals?? even murfreesboro central magnet??