clarksvville slamfest

buckeyeintn

Used to be one of the strongest duals in the state, but not as much hoopla now.

I think Brentwood, Cookeville, Overton, Hendersonville, Arlington, Northwest, Rossview, Kenwood, Ft.Campbell, Hopkinsville, Dickson County, Montgomery Central, Franklin, Chatt. Central, Notre Dame, and west creek, that is 16 teams

Thanks Razzlin!!! Between you and Sommers yall got a lot of the answers.  In case yall don't know im new posting the last couple of weeks. Have been here viewing, but not posting. Great site. Great info and a lot of laughs during the..."debates"..... I use debates loosely. I will never hide behind a screen name. Everyone who knows me, knows who the Buckeye is in Tennessee. Jeff Wilkins, I am Zacks dad. I am just wishing our schedule was stronger at Mount Juliet. We wont get to wrestle the top guys unless my son makes it to state. I like to get him pumped before big matches. All matches are important, But some are just big matches. He works hard, as do most of the guys on yalls lists. once again thanks guys, and if I ever sound conceded it not meant to be just proud of someone who works hard in school, life, and on the mat.

Thanks Razzlin!!! Between you and Sommers yall got a lot of the answers.  In case yall don't know im new posting the last couple of weeks. Have been here viewing, but not posting. Great site. Great info and a lot of laughs during the..."debates"..... I use debates loosely. I will never hide behind a screen name. Everyone who knows me, knows who the Buckeye is in Tennessee. Jeff Wilkins, I am Zacks dad. I am just wishing our schedule was stronger at Mount Juliet. We wont get to wrestle the top guys unless my son makes it to state. I like to get him pumped before big matches. All matches are important, But some are just big matches. He works hard, as do most of the guys on yalls lists. once again thanks guys, and if I ever sound conceded it not meant to be just proud of someone who works hard in school, life, and on the mat.

as for screen names... I made mine way before I became coach at Beech. I just never changed it. Seems fitting for me since I am always razzlin!!! Or someone in my family is razzlin either here or in PA. So the name werazzlin always seemed fitting. As for Zack making the state... I do not see why he will not. He will get some good matches in at Slamfest and do very well.

Edited by werazzlin

Hello Proud Bear dad.  I saw his Riverdale Match and it doesn't get any

closer.  He will be tested soon enough.  If he doesn't find a buzz saw @

Slamfest, he will surely find one @ Ryan !   There are many skilled "young"

wrestlers @ MJ.  If you want him to excel in wrestling while attending @ MJ, he must go outside the walls for help. 

You need to ask yourself one question, what is he doing that the other good

wrestlers aren't?  For Example...Is he running the Priest Lake Dam hills like

Tanner did to prepare himself for tough matches?  If he is not on a good club

team, look for one now! Is he thinking ahead-"chain"?  Good luck to you guys.

Edited by HSDAD

not running the dam but is putting in 3-4 extra miles daily after practice. The club thing for the summer is an issue. He was wrestling for lions pride but I don't know if they are gonna do it this year or not. So we may be looking for a club. We have been asking around about after season clubs but have not really got into that hard yet. He needs to concentrate on the high school season for now.

Coach Gordon Connell told my son once that if he would shadow

wrestle and ride an airdyne for 20 minutes - that he would be able

to stand on top of the podium.  3 mile run helps, but the match is

usually over in 10 min or less. An Airdyne was purchased and brought

to school for his practices.

I would contact Coach Kramer to see if your son could join his

Club program.  He has done wonders for the kids in his program.