Very early 5A Preseason Top 5 for 2014

HighLife

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SweetScience I've been biting my typing finger ever sense this thread started. Here goes I'm not sure Oak Ridge is ready for prime time yet. Like the "Large Orange" over to Knoxburg I don't know if we are there yet. Still some big questions to be answered. I like all the folks being so proud of us, but just still not sure.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL 

A quick rundown of what Hillsboro has returning for the 2014 Season.

Defensively they return all 4 starting DLineman, which weigh in 250,265,260,330, one of whom in K. Phillips is an absolute monster. 3 LB's, and 2 DB's..

Offensively they return 2 WR, both playmakers who r around 6'2 -6'3. 4 Olineman, 1 in which Phillips plays as well. QB who is a 3 yr starter who stands around 6'1 210, and 3 RB's who all started at some point all year, 1 of which holds an offer from UK.

Craig Clayton, former Franklin High coach, has made the Burros relevant again, so Hillsboro will obviously be well coached. Barring injury, I expect to see Hillsboro play deep into November for the first time since '08.

5A will be a very entertaining class next year

On a side note, congrats to Henry County and Knox West on a great title game. Best of luck to all teams for a good offseason. Can't wait to crank it up again.

Edited by HighLife

SweetScience I've been biting my typing finger ever sense this thread started. Here goes I'm not sure Oak Ridge is ready for prime time yet. Like the "Large Orange" over to Knoxburg I don't know if we are there yet. Still some big questions to be answered. I like all the folks being so proud of us, but just still not sure.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL 

I agree with you bounder and you too SS. here's my list for next year.

1. West (they have more returning than HC)

2. Henry County

3. Ooltewah

4. Memphis East

5. Ridgeway

6. Oak Ridge

7. Rhea County

8. Cleveland

9. Hillsboro

10. Gallatin

A quick rundown of what Hillsboro has returning for the 2014 Season.

Defensively they return all 4 starting DLineman, which weigh in 250,265,260,330, one of whom in K. Phillips is an absolute monster. 3 LB's, and 2 DB's..

Offensively they return 2 WR, both playmakers who r around 6'2 -6'3. 4 Olineman, 1 in which Phillips plays as well. QB who is a 3 yr starter who stands around 6'1 210, and 3 RB's who all started at some point all year, 1 of which holds an offer from UK.

Craig Clayton, former Franklin High coach, has made the Burros relevant again, so Hillsboro will obviously be well coached. Barring injury, I expect to see Hillsboro play deep into November for the first time since '08.

5A will be a very entertaining class next year

On a side note, congrats to Henry County and Knox West on a great title game. Best of luck to all teams for a good offseason. Can't wait to crank it up again.

Enough!  You win.

I agree with you bounder and you too SS. here's my list for next year.

1. West (they have more returning than HC)

2. Henry County

3. Ooltewah

4. Memphis East

5. Ridgeway

6. Oak Ridge

7. Rhea County

8. Cleveland

9. Hillsboro

10. Gallatin

But Henry County returns more next year than they did this year.

More measures, more interestinger,

KW - 15 Freshmen, 18 Sophomores, 21 Juniors, 26 Seniors

HC - 5 Freshmen, 35 Sophomores, 36 Juniors, 21 Seniors

from the Championship game rosters.

Question: What is the root meaning of the word "sophomore"?

Main Entry: 1soph·o·more

Pronunciation: \ˈsäf-ˌmȯr also ˈsȯf- or ˈsä-fə- or ˈsȯ-fə-\

Function: noun

Etymology: perhaps from Greek sophos wise + mÅros foolish

Date: 1688

: a student in the second year at college or a 4-year secondary school