Tri-County Seven- Week #7

coachh17

I hope everyone had a great Christmas!  I was traveling the West and was not able to post on Sunday.  All of our teams played and some played very well!  I am making no changes in the rankings, though I know Cloudland is making a claim for #1.

1. Elizabethton- (AA) (12-2)-  Lost to Dorman, SC in the first round and then won two games.  The Lady Cyclones are very good.  They get a chance to knock off a great Science Hill team at home Friday.  The Toppers are the favorite, but stranger things have happened.

2. Cloudland- (A) (15-2)-  Became the first Single A team to win the Boone Holiday Tournament.  Three quality wins over AA Creekwood, AA Sullivan South, and AA Sevier County should make some folks take note.  The Lady Landers can play.  They have a big home game with North Greene Friday.

3. Hampton- (A) (9-6)-  Some were critical of the discussions about Coach Tolley last week.  I had no intentions of hurting anyone.  I do not know where it stands and will not discuss it further.  The Lady Dogs lost to Boone and Meigs County and beat Crockett and Johnson County.  They host U-H Friday and Rockwood Saturday.  I am not sure what direction this team will go in.

4. Unicoi Co.- (AA) (7-9)-  Beat Unaka and Oliver Springs.  Lost to Campbell Co. and Alcoa.  The Lady Devils could pull an upset by beating Cloudland in the Devil's Den Saturday.

5. Happy Valley- (AA) (10-10)-  Lost to Meigs Co. and Crockett.  Beat Eastside,VA and South-Doyle.  The Lady Warriors are inconsistent, but can still pull it togetherr in time.  They host Unaka Friday. 

6. Unaka- (A) (5-13)-  Beat Cherokee.  Lost to U-H, South, East, and Unicoi Co.  They are struggling, but can move up a spot by beating Happy Valley Friday.

7. Johnson Co.- (AA) (5-11)-  Beat Cherokee.  Lost to Hampton, Creekwood, and South.  At Elizabethton on January 7th.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the lady landers were brought down to earth tonight losing on a last second 3 by ng. They didn't show up mentally and no defensive intensity. I got a lot of respect for the husky coach. They forced us to play their tempo and deserved to win. As for the officials? TERRIBLE. I hope those fat decrepits never come back. Landers are 15-3 and 0-2 in district with both losses at home. I wish teenagers could understand you have to show up every night if you wanna be great. I hope they learn. This district is too tough not to

Betsy got worked over by SH but did make alittle run late to make it respectable. For those who said Betsy will win. Better luck next year. Betsy needs to press more in my opinion. When they did the cause done turnovers late. They seemed to okay better at a faster pace. Good luck the rest if your season.

This cyclone team is young and just to stay close to SH is a great feet because SH is a great team.Great game cyclones

Ther are young is an excuse that everyone uses when they get beat. If Betsy would have won it would be man they are only going to be more dominate next year. They don't give gold balls out for potential and ages. Better bring your a game every night!

I m just stating the truth and am not making any excuses and I never thought we would beat SH and that's a fact.Best of luck to SH and anybody who knows me knows that I make no excuses about a sport team no matter who it is.

Ther are young is an excuse that everyone uses when they get beat. If Betsy would have won it would be man they are only going to be more dominate next year. They don't give gold balls out for potential and ages. Better bring your a game every night!

I think your response is a little over stated. SH has a great team and it would have taken an extraordinary effort for the Lady Cyclones to beat them. Win or lose EHS is young and should only get better with time. Tarter and Lyon are difference makers that EHS had no answer for. As for pressing more, that can be a blessing and a curse. EHS caused some turnovers with the press, but they also gave up several easy buckets as well. As for the gold ball, I'd like to see both SH and EHS bring one home but you are correct they must be earned.

Lady Dogs won by quite few vs university high. Played pretty well.

NG has made it a 4 team race in our district. No one better take them lightly. They are as patient with their possessions as any team I've ever seen. Opponents are shooting lights out in our gym. Miserable performance in the 4th. Choking at the foul line and giving up uncontested 3's. I'm sure the coaches didn't have to say much. 7 seniors should know they don't have many more opportunities on the court