Tri-County Seven- Week #7

coachh17

It seems like the Lady Landers are losing the games that's most important and that's your conference games. Dont get me wrong they are a very good basketball team. But there is no excuse that if you are the calibur of team they are you lose back to back conference games on your own home floor with that much senior leadership and experience. You can go out and beat the biggest AAA or AA school and what does it show for if you cant beat probably the 3rd best team in your conference on your own home floor? Nothing. I look at tonight as a statement type of game. You just won the Trailblazer Classic and you get a chance to redeem yourself after losing one conference game to South Greene on your own home floor and waste an opportunity of keeping yourself in the run for the conference championship. Seems like to me they pick and chose when they want to play. Which top notch teams dont do.

Edited by gonefishin6245

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like the Lady Landers are losing the games that's most important and that's your conference games. Dont get me wrong they are a very good basketball team. But there is no excuse that if you are the calibur of team they are you lose back to back conference games on your own home floor with that much senior leadership and experience. You can go out and beat the biggest AAA or AA school and what does it show for if you cant beat probably the 3rd best team in your conference on your own home floor? Nothing. I look at tonight as a statement type of game. You just won the Trailblazer Classic and you get a chance to redeem yourself after losing one conference game to South Greene on your own home floor and waste an opportunity of keeping yourself in the run for the conference championship. Seems like to me they pick and chose when they want to play. Which top notch teams dont do.

NG sure came ro play. Not as talented as the landers but they are coached well. These girls have a target on them and teams aee gonna give their best shot. Hopefully, they've learned from this

There are a lot of excuses when u get beat. Youth, refs, injuries, etc. Sometimes they are true. Cyclones are a young bunch though where most of their talent comes from the sophomore class. SH proved it was the better team. I thought this one would be a little closer than the last one and I believe it was. SH is still the better team. I agree also that Eliz would be better if they pressed some but that decision is not up to me. Good luck to both teams cause I think both could make a good run come tourney time.

NG has made it a 4 team race in our district. No one better take them lightly. They are as patient with their possessions as any team I've ever seen. Opponents are shooting lights out in our gym. Miserable performance in the 4th. Choking at the foul line and giving up uncontested 3's. I'm sure the coaches didn't have to say much. 7 seniors should know they don't have many more opportunities on the court

I agree king...This conference is very balanced this year. I could see any of the 4 top teams finish in any order. I knew NG would be a tough out. The league winner could have 2 or 3 losses.

Elizabethton played pretty well against Science Hill. The Lady Toppers may be the best AAA team in the state. Tarter is a great point guard that totally controls the game with the ball in her hands. Lyon was dominant on the inside all night. The only hope to beat Science Hill is to limit Tarter's penetration and to really focus on Lyon inside. The Lady Cyclones did neither. They really shut down Head and Gregory, but allowed Tarter and Lyon too many touches and opportunities to dominate the game. Some sort of match-up zone or triangle and two gimmick defense to double Tarter and Lyon is the only hope to beat Science Hill and that would really open up Head and Gregory. Choose your poison. The Lady Toppers are a great team. It will make Elizabethton better playing them.

There are a lot of excuses when u get beat. Youth, refs, injuries, etc. Sometimes they are true. Cyclones are a young bunch though where most of their talent comes from the sophomore class. SH proved it was the better team. I thought this one would be a little closer than the last one and I believe it was. SH is still the better team. I agree also that Eliz would be better if they pressed some but that decision is not up to me. Good luck to both teams cause I think both could make a good run come tourney time.

I don't understand all this discussion about how EHS doesn't press. This year's team presses more than any I can remember. The press got mixed results against SH - it was effective at times and ineffective at others. However, the press has been largely effective this season.