Region 4 Duals

rlwest40

Yes it has Sommers.  There is not much to gain. Cleveland gets top seed as returning Champ so no reason they would want to wrestle.  When or if, Walker Valley upsets SD and Bradley upsets Cleveland, you could see those two teams wrestle to imrpove their seeding, but that would be the only combo I could see wrerstling twice.

If Cleveland forfeits then they would be giving up their 'state seed'. Only region champs are 'separated' in the state bracket with seed preference given to returning state placers.

With that being said, logically the only team to FF in the finals would probably be Cleveland's opponent (assuming Cleveland makes the finals). So, that team would have everything to gain such as a state seed and nothing to lose.

Soddy forfeited to Cleveland in last year's region duals championship finals. Cleveland won the region and entered the state tournament as the #1 seed based on prior year's runner-up finish at state. Soddy was region runner-up and a blind draw at state despite being the defending state duals champ.

The runner-up from region 4 will have to get past Wilson Central to make it to the state finals. The region 4 champ will be on the opposite side of the state bracket as these two teams. The way I see it there is much more gained by wrestling the region finals match.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soddy was WV first match of the year, and it didn't look good for WV, but WV looks stronger, therefore I think it can go either way. You got two teams that would love to go the state this year BC and WV, but do they have the fight in them to upset Cleveland and Soddy? If they got to the state, could they win over WC?

Wilson Central has a great team again this year but I think that any four of these teams would fare well against WC, some better than others of course.

WC does not match up with Cleveland very good at all this year either. Soddy matches up with WC very good and I could see SD winning in a dual. Bradley looks to have a slight edge on WC on paper but could go either way depending on bonus points and who showed up and I think WV is very even with them in a dual and a toss-up again coming down to bonus points. It would be a great dual with any of these teams facing off.

If SD wins I think they will forfiet to Cleveland it they win.  WV would forfiet to Cleveland also.  WV or SD both might wrestles Bradley if they were to win to get a better seed. Bradley could forfiet and take second and get a retun trip back to the duals.  Injuries are always a concern this late in the game. 

WC I think has a better team than last year.  I think our 4 teams hang with them. Cleveland has the overall better spread of talent.  They are the team to beat.

Good luck to all the local teams.

It's going to take some WV guys to step up and keep the team points down to a minimum...With that being said the fight has to carry onward for six minutes plus...

WV is very much improved since the last time...but Soddy is still Soddy...Grab the popcorn folks and lace those shoes up tight...cause we are in for a wild one tonight...

Looking forward to some good wrestling tonight! We are very lucky to have such good quality of wrestling in this area. I would expect any of the 4 teams from our region to represent us well at the State Duals. I have much respect for Soddy Daisy, but here is to hoping my Mustangs will be able to book a trip to the "Cow Palace"! Good luck & God bless all of these hard working young men! 

As I stated earlier, its its not fair to this region that only 2 teams get to go. Either of these 4 teams would win any region in the state. Goodluck to everybody and hopefully everyone comes away healthy. Go raiders!!

Although I agree it isn't fair to only have two teams go. I disagree that ant would win any region in the state simply because of Wilson Centrals win at Halls and Bradley's runner up. Not that it was a dual but they did well enough for me to believe an automatic W isn't a sure thing. However they would more than likely come in second and still go to state. So yes it's a shame two of the better dual teams won't go ,another T$$aa travesty.

Although I agree it isn't fair to only have two teams go. I disagree that ant would win any region in the state simply because of Wilson Centrals win at Halls and Bradley's runner up. Not that it was a dual but they did well enough for me to believe an automatic W isn't a sure thing. However they would more than likely come in second and still go to state. So yes it's a shame two of the better dual teams won't go ,another T$$aa travesty.

ok so with the exception of 1 team in one region? The point im trying to makes is that all 4 of these teams make it to state in any other region. Edited by fooseball96