Class AA Mr. Basketball Ballots

CoachT

Haven't seen Jordan Varnado's name mentioned. The junior from Haywood and little brother of Jarvis "Swat" Varnado, can play. He has the ability to score from all levels of the floor. He is only a JR so I would probably give my pick to Barford because he is a SR, if you can only have one from each section of the state, but he is still worth consideration.

As a CPA fan and having seen a lot of their games, there is no doubt Blackwell is a great talent; however, as a sophomore, I would not be in favor of him being a Mr. Basketball finalist or winner. There are too many deserving seniors and Blackwell will have his time. I know Mr. Basketball is based on the current season, but I think the career body of work should also be considered and how the player has elevated his team throughout a career.

I had a real hard time considering him for that reason. And the fact that the kid is a 17 year old sophomore. But talent is talent and in my eyes there is not better all around big man in AA not even close. If I replaced him it would be with someone far less talented. All thing even I pick the senior evertime.

Edited by lookingFORtalent

Terry Holt - 6'3" Senior, Guard East Nashville

Awards:

All District 10 AA

All District Tournament 10 AA

All Region Tournament  5 AA

Tennessean All Mid-State

Above the Rim Invitational All Tournament

Terry has scored over 1,300 career points and will soon become the schools All-Time leading scorer. Terry has been to two State Tournaments and is averaging 19 ppg this year.

Worth Considering! Thanks!

Terry Holt. The Senior from East Nashville is a scorer from all three levels of the floor. Watched him and thought he could be the first 40 or 50 point game scorer at his school. 20 points in 1st quarter couple times. The coach took his foot off the gas and gave some kids playing time. Nice gesture! Kid can flat out play. Doesn't get credit he deserves.

I had a real hard time considering him for that reason. And the fact that the kid is a 17 year old sophomore. But talent is talent and in my eyes there is not better all around big man in AA not even close. If I replaced him it would be with someone far less talented. All thing even I pick the senior evertime.

Sorry you are a little early Braxton is a few weeks from 17, so technically still 16

Tops in middle tennessee

Jalen Duke Martin Luther King

Jacob Saunders Cheatham Co Central High

Ethan Roller DeKalb County High School

Will Holt Cascade High School

Terry Holt East Nashville Magnet School

Braxton Blackwell Christ Presbyterian Academy

Issac Edmondson Creek Wood High School