Regional Individual Tournaments?

oldster

Do we know anything yet, for sure, about this coming weekend, February 7 & 8?  

Will there, in fact, be tournaments for both Divisions, one for each region?  

Where will they occur?  How will they be seeded?  How many places will qualify for the state meets?

How will the state meets be seeded?  Only by places in the regional meets?  Some other way?

The geographical imbalance of Division 2 is remarkable.  How will D2 regional results be applied to qualifying and seeding for the D2 state meet?

What else would be interesting to know?  Am I correct in thinking that this is a big, big deal and that coaches need to know all of this by tomorrow?

Do we already know all of this?  Have I just missed it?  

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Creek Wood High School will host Region 3 A/AA Friday Feb 7 and Sat Feb 8. Top 4 from each weight class advance! I will provide more info later today! We will have seeding meeting on Wednesday night at CWHS! Look forward to seeing a bunch of folk at the Wood!!

Any hotels near by the school? Us Nashvillians will need a place to stay the night.

AAA Regions

1 - Science Hill

2 - Knox Karns

3 - Sevier County

4 - Walker Valley

5 - Blackman

6 - Ravenwood

7 - Clarksville NW

8 - Cordova

4 per region for a 32 man state bracket

Division II

East/Middle - Unknown site

Battle Ground Academy

Baylor

Brentwood Academy

Ensworth

Father Ryan

Franklin Road Academy

Knoxville Webb

McCallie

Montgomery Bell Academy

Pope John Paul II

St. Andrews

West - Unknown site (5 teams)

Briarcrest

Christian Brothers

Memphis University School

St. Benedict

St. George’s

D2 is a 9 man qualifier and an 8 man state bracket, state qualifiers split 6-3 east-middle to west, E-M #6 vs W #3 have a preliminary round match to see which one moves to the 8 man bracket.

A-AA

Region 1 - Knox Catholic

Alcoa

Austin-East

CAK

Chuckey-Doak

Elizabethton

Greenback

Greeneville

Hancock County

Happy Valley

Kingston

Knoxville Catholic

Knoxville Fulton

Knoxville Grace

Livingston Academy

North Greene

Pigeon Forge

South Greene

Sullivan East

Sullivan South

Union County

West Greene

Region 2 - Hixson

Boyd Buchanan

Brainerd

Chattanooga Central

Chattanooga Christian

East Ridge

Hixson

Howard

Ivy Academy

Lookout Valley

McMinn Central

Notre Dame

Red Bank

Sale Creek

Sequatchie County

Sequoyah

Signal Mountain

Silverdale

Tyner

Whitwell

Region 3 - Creekwood

Cheatham County

Clarksville Academy

CPA

Creek Wood

Eagleville

East Nashville

Fairview

Forrest

Friendship Christian

Greenbrier

Harpeth

Hume Fogg

Lipscomb Academy

Maplewood

Marshall County

Martin Luther King

Memphis Acad. of Health Sci.

Montgomery Central

Nashville Christian

Page

Raleigh Egypt

Stratford

Sycamore

TSB

White House

4 per region for a 12 man state bracket

Edited by StarRaider

No sir, I do not know when additional info will be available, but all of the region tournaments appear to be on trackwrestling dot com. That website will be a good way to follow the seeding and then the results this weekend. Go to "current season" "high school" then pick Tennessee and you should be able to figure it out from the list of tournaments that comes up (posting this in case you have not used the trackwrestling website, it is not too bad once you get used to it).

My understanding is the coaches in each region will have a seeding meeting this week and set the region brackets. Each region chooses seeding criteria as the region coaches see fit... so seeding criteria varies.

Edited by StarRaider