Valentines Memphis trip for Lancaster Christian

Playfearless

I wouldn't schedule a team like that until they join TSSAA he has kids from every county and I believe he coaches them in the summer for AAU how does he get away with it but there's an uproar about Riverdale transfers at least they are doing it within the rules, heck the whole system is a mess if you ask me and I'm just fed up with it!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't this same "great" coach everyone is referring to get banned from coaching in Rutherford County public school system for recruiting? Can someone else verify

Recruiting who? He didn't have a team to recruit for? If you're talking Smyrna who did he recruit there? But again, just look at the FACTS, LCA has girls that didn't even see the floor at their zone school, so that tells me either the other coaches missed something, or this dude can coach! Can't have it both ways! It's one or the other!

Jump off: Riverdale beat Blackman both times last year....that was last year and now Blackman is cream of the crop. Blackman beat LCA by 30 pts six months ago....THAT WAS 6 MONTHS AGO!!! Yes I know exactly what I am asking and so do you :).

Trader two: most everyone in the state knows the quality of this coach for better or worst "he does not have to audition" as parents with kids sitting the bench seek him out wanting to have their kids coached up as the starting unit is. Does he yell...you better believe it, but he gives the hugs and pats on the back when they earn it and burns the phones up to colleges fulfilling his promises to both players and parent. So yes jump off & trader two I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I AM ASKING FOR, whining no not at all, just recognize hollow chest thumpers when I see them. FINAL statement and I am done with all this, I think Rutherford County has the strongest and most competitive girls basketball in the state and I thoroughly enjoy watching all the schools compete !!!

They have Siegel and Lebanon's leading scorers so I'm sure that helps and Blackman beat them by 30 six months ago well they didn't have Dangerfield and have beat a lot of nationally ranked teams since then so I'm sure they have gotten better and would probably win by 50 but we will never know because your not TSSAA and if you were you wouldn't be in AAA anyway so there should be no comparison and I think you got what you wanted a little recognition because no one is recognizing them and that's sad because I'm sure they are a good team.

One of the hottest little teams in the state heads to Memphis to compete with two top tier teams. Finding it difficult to play quality Middle TN schools this program travels a lot of miles to allow their top athletes to compete at the higher level! Currently ranked 14th in the state and climbing, the starters on this team feel they can challenge any of the top ranked Mid Tn schools if ever given the opportunity. Good luck in Memphis Lady Knights !!!!

Jump off: Riverdale beat Blackman both times last year....that was last year and now Blackman is cream of the crop. Blackman beat LCA by 30 pts six months ago....THAT WAS 6 MONTHS AGO!!! Yes I know exactly what I am asking and so do you :).

Trader two: most everyone in the state knows the quality of this coach for better or worst "he does not have to audition" as parents with kids sitting the bench seek him out wanting to have their kids coached up as the starting unit is. Does he yell...you better believe it, but he gives the hugs and pats on the back when they earn it and burns the phones up to colleges fulfilling his promises to both players and parent. So yes jump off & trader two I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT I AM ASKING FOR, whining no not at all, just recognize hollow chest thumpers when I see them. FINAL statement and I am done with all this, I think Rutherford County has the strongest and most competitive girls basketball in the state and I thoroughly enjoy watching all the schools compete !!!

Playfearless.

You started this topic by thumping your chest about how great LCA is and that there is no competition or none willing to play LCA in Middle TN.  LCA may be the best team in TN; I do not know because I have not seen them play.  I personally think it is best to play teams better than you.  That is how you get better.

Other than the 2 Homeschool teams that you will play from Memphis, who else was approached?  Ridgeway? Briarcrest? Central? Arlington? Oak Haven?  Harding Academy?  ECS? Northpoint? Was Jackson County asked?  Union City?  Science Hill?  Knoxville Webb? I see Ensworth on your schedule for Jan 7 and Feb12 but do not see the final for the January game.

MHEA and FCA have the same transfer rules because they do not fall under TSSAA.  That does not stop any school in West TN, North MS, or Eastern AR from playing them.

Recruiting who? He didn't have a team to recruit for? If you're talking Smyrna who did he recruit there? But again, just look at the FACTS, LCA has girls that didn't even see the floor at their zone school, so that tells me either the other coaches missed something, or this dude can coach! Can't have it both ways! It's one or the other!

You never really answered my question. Was he or wasn't he banned from the public schools? I never said he couldn't coach, I actually know for a fact and from experience he can coach and gets a lot out of the girls that play for him. I just asked a simple question about something else. But I believe you are on the right track with Smyrna...........

Edited by 3for3

You never really answered my question. Was he or wasn't he banned from the public schools? I never said he couldn't coach, I actually know for a fact and from experience he can coach and gets a lot out of the girls that play for him. I just asked a simple question about something else. But I believe you are on the right track with Smyrna...........

Never was hired, so no he wasn't banned.  Some of the coacher around felt he was a threat and complained about him being around the program, training the girls etc.  But then look what happened, the other rutherford co schools went out and got themselves a trainer for their girls team! Which is ironic, because that's what they complained about him for. But to answer your question, no he wasnt banned.  Please don't think I'm getting smart. Thanks for your input.

Never was hired, so no he wasn't banned.  Some of the coacher around felt he was a threat and complained about him being around the program, training the girls etc.  But then look what happened, the other rutherford co schools went out and got themselves a trainer for their girls team! Which is ironic, because that's what they complained about him for. But to answer your question, no he wasnt banned.  Please don't think I'm getting smart. Thanks for your input.

No problem. That is why I was asking. I guess I heard wrong.

I think it would be accurate to say he is not paid by his players to play at LCS. They pay tuition (or get scholarships) like others students.

Now, and this is purely speculation, I think he gets paid by the school, but also gets paid for all of his training of players in the area, coaching AAU, and I think he runs a recruiting service to help kids get place on college teams.

He is not alone in this.  There are several coaches throughout the state that supplement their income through travel ball and training.  The difference is most of them coach at TSSAA schools which puts restrictions on training and recruiting.

I really don't think it should be a bashing of the coach when everything he is doing is allowed and most of these kids we praise and enjoy watching Middleton, Davenport, Eubanks, Oliver, Gibson, Alexander, Hunt, Lawson, Dangerfield,Norris, Jackson, Johnson, Bond, Allen, Smith, Petty, Jones, Barbee, Graves, I'm positive I left out some names just giving examples of kids he has trained since they were very young or at some point in their careers and we have Miss Basketballs, McDonalds All Americans, Nationally ranked players, top in the state so I say lets give the coach some credit here.

I really don't think it should be a bashing of the coach when everything he is doing is allowed and most of these kids we praise and enjoy watching Middleton, Davenport, Eubanks, Oliver, Gibson, Alexander, Hunt, Lawson, Dangerfield,Norris, Jackson, Johnson, Bond, Allen, Smith, Petty, Jones, Barbee, Graves, I'm positive I left out some names just giving examples of kids he has trained since they were very young or at some point in their careers and we have Miss Basketballs, McDonalds All Americans, Nationally ranked players, top in the state so I say lets give the coach some credit here.

I agree! Well said!