Class AAA State Tournament Picks

MtJBears

I agree that could possibly have been a game winner for Riverdale if that pass was made the second game was close until second half and Blackman left no doubt in that game as they played very agressive defense but with all that in the past I expect another great and possibly close game and if I were a betting man I wouldn't put money on this one it's just to close to call. I can't wait to watch both games because Oakland and Smyrna should also be a great game they both have alot of young talent which is great for the future of 7AAA.

It will be a great game tomorrow.  Riverdale has been up on Blackman in both games by 11 points and could not put them away.  The first game, Blackman was down by 11 when Riverdale post Deja Jones broke her hand.  The second meeting, Riverdale got up by 11 pts but they did not have the services of senior Hannah Pendergrass, as she was out with a leg injury.  Hannah hit 4 3pters on Columbia in the Regional game Friday night.  She hit over 70 3pters her sophomore season alone, and is a 1500 pt scorer.  Senior post Deja Jones has also hit 1500 pts in her career, and led the mid state in scoring last year.  She has been hampered with injuries most of this year tho, and seen limited playing time.  When in, Deja shows flashes of what she can do.  I believe BOTH will play at the next level.  Senior Pt Guard Shanique Heard may as well.  Riverdale has not been real healthy since January....but they are getting healthier.  I give full kudos for Blackman not folding both times they have gotten down by 11 pts.  This game is going to be a barn burner. Not to take anything away from it, but this game will probably be better than the state championship.  It is really too bad these two teams have to meet on one side of the bracket in just the Regionals.

Edited by WarriorFan

This entire section has been about Region 4. Heads up people Region 2 will be sending 2 teams to the dance and they are loaded with talent. Any of more than 6 stems could show up. They not only have talent, they are hungry.

So go ahead and keep looking over the other teams, they appreciate it.

If blackman doesn't get beat by Riverdale, they will win state easy

Well tonight is the Sectionals and we will have the ELITE EIGHT headed the Murfreesboro.

it is too bad 2 of the Top 10 teams were in the same bracket in 4-AAA but thats what happens when you have upsets in the Districts. Hence Rkverdale and Columbjs were both upset.

I see Morristown West and Farragut coming out of East Tennessed.

I see Blackman and Oakland coming out of the Mid-East. I think the Bradley vs Oak, and game could go either way and should be the best game of the night.

I see Mt. Juliet and Overton out of the Midstate. I give Overton a slight edge playing at home.

I am taking Ridgeway and Dyer County to both go on the road and win their contests.

No doubt Blackman is the favorite and should be. If Mt. Juliet can get good guard play they can be a load with their strong inside game. I would say MJ has the biggest front line that will be in the tournament. Would be a great matchup in the finals. Two contrasting styles. MJ height againt Blackman's athleticism.

The blind draw will be Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to some awesome matchups.

Well tonight is the Sectionals and we will have the ELITE EIGHT headed the Murfreesboro.

it is too bad 2 of the Top 10 teams were in the same bracket in 4-AAA but thats what happens when you have upsets in the Districts. Hence Rkverdale and Columbjs were both upset.

I see Morristown West and Farragut coming out of East Tennessed.

I see Blackman and Oakland coming out of the Mid-East. I think the Bradley vs Oak, and game could go either way and should be the best game of the night.

I see Mt. Juliet and Overton out of the Midstate. I give Overton a slight edge playing at home.

I am taking Ridgeway and Dyer County to both go on the road and win their contests.

No doubt Blackman is the favorite and should be. If Mt. Juliet can get good guard play they can be a load with their strong inside game. I would say MJ has the biggest front line that will be in the tournament. Would be a great matchup in the finals. Two contrasting styles. MJ height againt Blackman's athleticism.

The blind draw will be Sunday afternoon. Looking forward to some awesome matchups.

Will be interesting if anybody tries to copy Oakland's gameplan. Lady Patriots were successful in dictating tempo and had their chances to upset Blackman

Well its official the ELITE EIGHT have punched their tickets to the dance at the Glass House and today will learn their upcoming opponent.

Morrisrown West (30-3)

Jefferson Co. (22-11)

Bradley (27-5)

Blackman (31-1)

Mt. Juliet (29-1)

Rossview (27-3)

Ridgeway (26-3)

Germantown Houston (23-7)

Should be interesting to see the way the blind draw goes.