D-II Middle/East Region - Top Four Seeds Per Weight

bbb

Both matches between these two where won off bad calls Simpson won the first time off a bad stalling call and Sutherland won the second match because of the young Chattanooga ref who was to much a nooga fan to make the right call

Bad call? Try 3 or 4 bad calls in the first match. Sutherland had him down pretty big at one point before the stalling calls. I watched the rematch closely and didnt see a call that affected anything or that I thought was even controversial? What call was the Chattanooga ref scared to make? It seemed to me like Sutherland controled that one pretty easily then shut down for some reason. I forgot the score but I think Simpson scored a late takdown that was irrelevant. He also got in on some nice shots but wasnt able to finish them.  Im not sure if Sutherland is healthy or not, I heard he hasnt practiced much but he does appear to slow down in the two matches Ive watched him. When he stays active hes pretty hard to handle. Im not a Baylor fan but I like that kid. I dont know Simpson but I doubt hes running . Hes probably wrestling a weight better suited for him. Ryan tends to always drop a lot of kids at the end of the year. I bet both their dads arent liking all this talk, Ive never seen either one talk about their kid on here. Where did the 170 lber from Baylor come from? Ive never heard of him but was very impressed. Their first match was close if I remember correctly when it was online. Might be an exciting rematch this weekend.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad call? Try 3 or 4 bad calls in the first match. Sutherland had him down pretty big at one point before the stalling calls. I watched the rematch closely and didnt see a call that affected anything or that I thought was even controversial? What call was the Chattanooga ref scared to make? It seemed to me like Sutherland controled that one pretty easily then shut down for some reason. I forgot the score but I think Simpson scored a late takdown that was irrelevant. He also got in on some nice shots but wasnt able to finish them.  Im not sure if Sutherland is healthy or not, I heard he hasnt practiced much but he does appear to slow down in the two matches Ive watched him. When he stays active hes pretty hard to handle. Im not a Baylor fan but I like that kid. I dont know Simpson but I doubt hes running . Hes probably wrestling a weight better suited for him. Ryan tends to always drop a lot of kids at the end of the year. I bet both their dads arent liking all this talk, Ive never seen either one talk about their kid on here. Where did the 170 lber from Baylor come from? Ive never heard of him but was very impressed. Their first match was close if I remember correctly when it was online. Might be an exciting rematch this weekend.

The 170 you are referring to is Cayman Seagraves. He is a boarding student at baylor and has been since he was a freshman. He has been ineligible to compete in TSSAA sports because he received a full academic scholarship through the DSP (Distinguished Scholar Program). This year his parents have chosen to give up the money he earned in the classroom in order for him to be able to compete in the sport he loves due to TSSAA rules. He is from Georgia and wrestled for the club the feeds into Pope Highschool.

The 170 you are referring to is Cayman Seagraves. He is a boarding student at baylor and has been since he was a freshman. He has been ineligible to compete in TSSAA sports because he received a full academic scholarship through the DSP (Distinguished Scholar Program). This year his parents have chosen to give up the money he earned in the classroom in order for him to be able to compete in the sport he loves due to TSSAA rules. He is from Georgia and wrestled for the club the feeds into Pope Highschool.

Awesome

Would this be the same as when Manley from Baylor ran from Baker? 

Just a question.

Not sure myself, but I felt that huge drop was unfortunate for Baylor, The Fans and especially for the Bennett family. Not a surprise to anyone after Marable, Blair, Scott fiasco years prior that led to the big move from Blue to Red. Then we had Bauke/Baker after that.

Doubt Simpson/Sutherland has anything remotely related to all of that, other than scoring team points and putting Ryan on top.

Tournament just ended. Final results from Trackwrestling site---I am sure BB Branton will put some more meat on these bones with an article in tomorrow's Chattanoogan.com that he will probably post tonight----in the meantime Soms and Company can gnaw on these:

106 Results
1st Place Match
Eli King (Father Ryan)  over Gabriel Elkin (Montgomery Bell Academy)  (TF-1.5 5:32 (16-0)).
3rd Place Match
Jack Reynolds (Baylor) . over Stanton Davis (McCallie)  (MD 10-0).
5th Place Match
Hunter Anderson (Brentwood Academy) . over Kolton Grimsley (Battle Ground Academy)  (Dec 9-5).

113 Results
1st Place Match
Michael Murphy (Baylor) . over Trey Chalifoux (Father Ryan)  (For.).
3rd Place Match
Michael Elkin (Montgomery Bell Academy)  over Justin Becci (Brentwood Academy)  (For.).
5th Place Match
Alex Linthium (Franklin Road Academy)  over Addison Cornell (McCallie) (For.).

120 Results
1st Place Match
Ethan Dendy (McCallie) over Jared Frazier (Father Ryan)  (MD 11-3).
3rd Place Match
John Michael Glover (Montgomery Bell Academy)  over Christian DiLucchio (Brentwood Academy)  (For.).
5th Place Match
Cannon McCullough (Battle Ground Academy)  over Andy Atchley (Baylor)  (For.).

126 Results
1st Place Match
James Westbrooks (McCallie)  over Kirby Simpson (Father Ryan)  (Dec 8-1).
3rd Place Match
Caleb Canada (Baylor)  over Sam Bellet (Montgomery Bell Academy)  (Dec 5-2).
5th Place Match
Jonah Neuman (Battle Ground Academy)  over Jack Davidson (Ensworth)  (Fall 0:47).

132 Results
1st Place Match
Chris Wesnofske (Father Ryan) . over Brock Herring (McCallie) (Inj. 3:49).
3rd Place Match
Braxton Kinney (Battle Ground Academy) over Blake Solarek (Montgomery Bell Academy) (For.).
5th Place Match
Caleb Powell (Baylor)  over Vance Lipsey (Brentwood Academy)  (Fall 3:31).

138 Results
1st Place Match
Adam Connell (McCallie)  over Michael Eckhart (Father Ryan) (Dec 1-0).
3rd Place Match
Stephen Johnson (Montgomery Bell Academy) over Drake Mitchell (Franklin Road Academy) . (Dec 7-2).
5th Place Match
Rob Butler (Brentwood Academy)  over Nick Savas (Battle Ground Academy) 1 (Fall 3:48).

145 Results
1st Place Match
Griffin Davis (McCallie). over Ryan Simpson (Father Ryan)  (Dec 3-2).
3rd Place Match
Will Tansil (Franklin Road Academy)  over Mark Floyd (Montgomery Bell Academy) (Dec 5-2).
5th Place Match
Turner Troxel (Baylor)  over Mina Adeeb (Pope John Paul Ii)  (For.).

152 Results
1st Place Match
Donovan Sutherland (Baylor)  over Marcello Morrice (Father Ryan)  (Dec 6-3).
3rd Place Match
Will Patton (McCallie)  over Samuel Stallings (Ensworth)  (Fall 2:07).
5th Place Match
Ben Barton (Montgomery Bell Academy) over Chad Young (Franklin Road Academy)  (Dec 7-1).

160 Results
1st Place Match
Bryson Popp (Baylor)  over Nick Naughton (Father Ryan)  (TF-1.5 6:00 (18-3)).
3rd Place Match
Michael Ethan (Franklin Road Academy) over Justin Badgett (McCallie) (Fall 4:09).
5th Place Match
Jake Keen (Montgomery Bell Academy)  over Max Mullen (Brentwood Academy)  (Dec 9-4).

170 Results
1st Place Match
John Hagey (Father Ryan)  over Cayman Seagraves (Baylor)  (Fall 3:46).
3rd Place Match
Ridley Wills (Montgomery Bell Academy) over Ariel Bong (McCallie)  (Fall 4:08).
5th Place Match
Sam Scruggs (Brentwood Academy) over Seth Horton (St. Andrews)  (Fall 1:41).

182 Results
1st Place Match
Ryan Parker (Baylor)  over Nathan Hoodenpyle (McCallie)  (Fall 2:00).
3rd Place Match
Blake Patton (Montgomery Bell Academy)  over Hunter Duff (Father Ryan)  (Dec 7-3).
5th Place Match
Ryan Sealy (Brentwood Academy) over Jake Simpson (Battle Ground Academy)  (Fall 2:42).

195 Results
1st Place Match
Trel Phillips (McCallie) over Jacob Cretin (Brentwood Academy)  (MD 14-4).
3rd Place Match
Houston Hooker (Father Ryan)  over Jack Byrd (Franklin Road Academy)  (Dec 7-2).
5th Place Match
Emory Norred (Baylor)  over Ben Kelly (Montgomery Bell Academy) . (For.).

220 Results
1st Place Match
Ben Stacey (Father Ryan)  over Jon Schmissrauter (Baylor)  (For.).
3rd Place Match
D`On Coofer (Montgomery Bell Academy)  over Jonah Reels (Brentwood Academy) . (Dec 5-2).
5th Place Match
Jay Roberts (McCallie)  over Chris Corsi (Franklin Road Academy) (Fall 2:34).

285 Results
1st Place Match
Will Thomas (Baylor) over Tucker York (Brentwood Academy)  (Dec 13-7).
3rd Place Match
Miles Douglas (Ensworth)  over Conner Eli (Franklin Road Academy)  (Fall 2:50).
5th Place Match
John Kelly (Montgomery Bell Academy)  over William Boardman (McCallie)  (Fall 0:57).