IMAC Baseball

SHS1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

MoWest and Sevier have a lot coming back and should compete for 1 and 2 , but South Doyle could have something to say about that if they can get a few breaks. Seymour is always a tough out. MoEast is young but has a some talent and could sneak up on some people. Jefferson County has a lot of question marks but they're never lacking talent. Cocke Co. surprised a few people by beating GP in a scrimmage. Cherokee has a lot coming back but i don't know if they have the pitching to really make an impact this year. Should be an entertaining season for the IMAC.

Edited by motownanddown

Seymour 20 - Jeff. Co. 1

Again tomorrow at Seymour.

Good Lord!! Is it true that Seymour hit a home run on literally the first pitch?

Not to take away from Seymour, but Jeff County's new coaching staff is a joke, a good ol' boy system at best.  Nevertheless, Seymour is always a title contender, so I am not shocked they won, and I'm sure they'll win tomorrow too. 

Kind of surprised MoWest lost at Cherokee.  South-Doyle won at Sevier Co.  Cocke Co beat MoEast.  So........if the season ended today, S-D, Seymour, Cocke Co, and Cherokee would be leading the district........but we got a LOOOOOONG way to go.  I predict Seymour, MoWest, and Sevier to battle for the title, and maybe even South-Doyle.

West came out flat Monday and took Cherokee a little for granted. Their ace can definitely take a unsuspecting lineup by surprise. West came out strong Tuesday and beat Cherokee 11-1 in 6.West looked like 2 different teams teams Monday and Tuesday night. I think DB in 2 weeks will be the first measuring stick for the Trojans.