District 8A

BasketballFan3248

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture is the team to beat in the region if Pickett or Monterey play them those students can get in teams head they both are loud the region is play at Livingston where the students are on one end of the floor not on the side like most places.Fri game between Pickett and Monterey boys the place will be loud and they both will bring a crowd

Goodpasture does not belong in any "A" district. No private school should be classified less than "AA" or

be the private school division. They won their 8A games by an average of 88.7 to 38.7...a 50 point average. The only way to get to the substate is by making it to the one spot left in the region championship after Goodpasture blows its way through the tournament. I don't care if a private school has 20 students, they can get their basketball players from where ever they want and this NEVER will be fair to the small rural schools.

Goodpasture does not belong in any "A" district. No private school should be classified less than "AA" or

be the private school division. They won their 8A games by an average of 88.7 to 38.7...a 50 point average. The only way to get to the substate is by making it to the one spot left in the region championship after Goodpasture blows its way through the tournament. I don't care if a private school has 20 students, they can get their basketball players from where ever they want and this NEVER will be fair to the small rural schools.

I agree with what you say, for the most part.  Yes I do thing no private school should be classified less than 'AA".  But I don't agree with you on the last part.  A school private school like Goodpasture can pull students from where ever they want, AS long as that family has the money to pay the tuition!  So, that makes the pond a little bit smaller than you might think.  Looking at their tuition rates I'm not sure how many people have $8,000 a year laying around!

Now a school like Brentwood Academy or PJP II  they can offer a "scholorship" to a student to play ball or academically.  That's why they are in the Private D-I or D-II area.  And yes they do have a distinct advantage!  

But that's just my opinion!

They be a bunch of butt hole just like Friedship was when they were in 8A.

How do you know they are a bunch of "butt hole"?  I've seen them play and they seemed fine to me.  A well coached team and they can shoot the ball!!

To kev35 i want to make something clear i was not talking about the players i was talking about the parents you be the judge just loook at what they drive how they dress and how they act.I will never talkYou about a kid on here i got better matters.Remember it a game for the kids

To kev35 i want to make something clear i was not talking about the players i was talking about the parents you be the judge just loook at what they drive how they dress and how they act.I will never talkYou about a kid on here i got better matters.Remember it a game for the kids

ZST

Do you like people who judge others solely by a group they are part of? I hope not. For what it is worth, I have a friend whose son played baseball and football at Goodpasture. For your information, this family drove cars with over 100,000 miles, bought clothes at Walmart. Who are you to judge them for wanting to send their kid to school there? Just because they decided to send their kid to private school vs driving a new pickup truck with a $700 note, don't judge them because of this choice. I guarantee you there are more families richer at your school then these people will ever be.

Did i hit a nerve if i did i am sorry man i been watching basketball for fifty years. I like to see my team win just like anybody else if we win i take it if we get beat i can take it you know why it just a game.you I never change my mind about private school they recuit players to beat everybody else as bad as they can and win stae champions.

Can the Goodpasture fans tell me why they beat a 8a team by 66 points was they that good did not care want to beat them bad as they could or did your second year coach want to make a point your day will come just like Friendship did this year hope to see  you in Livingston Tenn.next week remember one thing all your senior will be gone next year pay back can be tough

Gordonsville was the team that got beat by them by 66 points. And Gordonsville didn't have 2 of their starters. I heard the second time Gordonsville played them, that it was a pretty good game. Maybe Gordonsville will give them a good run in district or region.

G-ville did play Goodpasture a lot closer the second time...trailed by 1 late in the 4th. Lost by about 8 I think. The Tigers get another shot at Goodpasture Tuesday night...maybe 3rd time is a charm. Good luck G-ville!!!