Outstanding Wrestler Awards

matguy94

The a/aa wasn't very competitive to watch. There were state champs and finalist who wouldn't have even placed in any of the other divisions. I'm not going to say names but I've seen them get destroyed this year by kids who didn't place in the other divisions. The bad part is there are some who can compete no matter what division and they won't get the credit they deserve. The Mullins, Boatman, Evans, ect.. We just don't have the population, depth of talent and coaching and support to warrant three divisions. Will it make the sport grow? I think the sport will grow but it's going to take a long time ( 10+ years) to see any improvement .

The a/aa wasn't very competitive to watch. There were state champs and finalist who wouldn't have even placed in any of the other divisions. I'm not going to say names but I've seen them get destroyed this year by kids who didn't place in the other divisions. The bad part is there are some who can compete no matter what division and they won't get the credit they deserve. The Mullins, Boatman, Evans, ect.. We just don't have the population, depth of talent and coaching and support to warrant three divisions. Will it make the sport grow? I think the sport will grow but it's going to take a long time ( 10+ years) to see any improvement .

Not to take anything from Oliver, but I thought they should've given Popp the OW since he pinned every opponent in the first period. They both deserve it for their dominating performances, but Oliver is a junior and can get it next year.

You give awards to the most deserving athlete regardless of grade even if the kid is a 3rd grader.  Oliver showed that he was the best wrestler not only in D2 but in the whole tournament and he has the credentials to back it up.

You give awards to the most deserving athlete regardless of grade even if the kid is a 3rd grader.  Oliver showed that he was the best wrestler not only in D2 but in the whole tournament and he has the credentials to back it up.

Is tech falling 2 guys in the 2nd period more deserving than 3 first period pins? What credentials are you referring to then? I realize that he's nationally ranked, but what does that have to do with this tournament?

Is tech falling 2 guys in the 2nd period more deserving than 3 first period pins? What credentials are you referring to then? I realize that he's nationally ranked, but what does that have to do with this tournament?

How about a Junior Fargo National Championship? Let's see, how many TN wrestlers from any division can say that? None! It's never been done. And yes, he is nationally ranked as well. How many other TN wrestlers from any division can say that this year? Well, none. Also, he has never lost to a TN wrestler in his career. How many wrestlers....never mind. Oh yeah, he's dominated 3 State championships. Enough credentials yet?

Hey Jackhole, I mean TO338. Just because you are the best wrestler in a tournament, which Oliver is, doesn't mean you have the most impressive tournament. The dude you were being a hard guy with asked what all those credentials had to do with the tournament this weekend. Answer= nothing. If they had a category called most fun to watch or best odds of winning, Oliver. Who should have got it, I don't know.

Jackhole? Bad day? At least bring something to the conversation other than insults. By the way, "I don't know" = less than nothing.

Oliver was so far above his opponents and clearly on another level. I don't recall the people sitting behind me Oooing and ahhhing over any other wrestler. His dominance was unmistakeable and obvious.