Keith Hodge steps down at Dresden...

RegisP90X

Only complaint is will he stay. But that was true of Keith, chad, billy bob butchie. Just old school romantic notion of a head coach sticking with his school. Not a realistic expectation. Truly hope he gets everything out of the kids and gets a gold ball. Hard work and luck. Go lions! Beat westview! I love coacht. Free speech still lives. PC is the enemy. Exchange of ideas is great. Just keep it like that and don't do anything stupid just because you don't agree. We all want what's best for kids. Loved coach hewett and hodge. I think chad will grow from this and find his place. Good luck coach rang Oh !!! And most importantly!!!! Beat westview. Lol.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Okey.. here I go.. having digested all the posts possible, here on 1A and on other forums, plus reading all news articles I could find and watching YouTube vids on our new coach, AND being an ardant and vocal supporter for Chad Hodge, here's what I say.. GROW UP PEOPLE! gee whiz, stop throwing fits, bashing folk, and having tantrems as it were. Ha! It's ok to be upset, but also be mature. The decision IS made, and though I dislike it, I KNOW those who were deciders DID take into account ALL voices and opinions, they did exhaustive research no doubt on all 30 or so applicants, and they chose the man they thought was best.. NOT YOU, nor me... we were NOT put in that position of choosing a coach (THANKFULLY!!), so I for one, in spite of my surprise and even dislike of outcome, I WILL honor and respect their decision making process and collective wisdom, and I will give our new head coach the benefit of the doubt, and the support he deserves and whatever help he may need, which IS what is best for our players, program, the community, and the future of Lion football. MY FEELINGS (and yours) now take a backseat to what has been done, and Derek Rang does have some impressive credentials, yes he does, so BE AN ADULT and support those who made decision, our new coach and whomever his staff may be, AND encourage and uplift all those who were passed over too. Doing this WILL benefit our players, both past and future, and also help build the championship program we all are seeking to have here at Dresden. Well, all of us want that I assume but it seems those "children" who are so upset at things not going their way, they are like the brats who will tear up all their siblings presents just because they didn't get everything they wanted for Christmas. Ha, I speak from experience. So please, get over it, and let's get on with helping the Lions win on and off the field. It starts by how we respond to this coaching decision made and setting the example to these players, which will show them our being bratty kids or mature adults. So there: Grow up, get over it, get on with things, and GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY! :)

Guest hevyrevy1611

Only complaint is will he stay. But that was true of Keith, chad, billy bob butchie. Just old school romantic notion of a head coach sticking with his school. Not a realistic expectation. Truly hope he gets everything out of the kids and gets a gold ball. Hard work and luck. Go lions! Beat westview! I love coacht. Free speech still lives. PC is the enemy. Exchange of ideas is great. Just keep it like that and don't do anything stupid just because you don't agree. We all want what's best for kids. Loved coach hewett and hodge. I think chad will grow from this and find his place. Good luck coach rang Oh !!! And most importantly!!!! Beat westview. Lol.

uhmm I just hit a "button" I thought was a "like" button, as in the kind FB has, but methinks it was a "report post" button. Opps, Sorry boss hog, I thought I was "liking" this post, not meaning to report it. Don't wanna try and undo it either lest it gets worse. Ha. Me and tech stuff have issues at times!

Oh. Go blow your horn. ;) Silver linings. May get to see Dresden beat westview and also Murray beat mayfield and looking forward to both. And maybe chad gets a team and I can pick a villain there too. Always hoped hewett would retire from admin crap then try to turn around Fulton county ky. 8 years away from watching my own tanks play ball (probably be in band) Then it's on. (Even if it's band). Lol. Silver linings. Or as you would say...blessings.

Here is my problem with all this keep supporting our team that everyone keeps saying. First of all go to a QB club meeting and see all the support they get from Dresden and the community. You will see the same 10-12 people that are always there. Less than half of the football player parents even belong to the club. If it wasn't for them our team would've had to drive up at the state championship game in a regular school bus that might or might not have made it there. Look at all the great things going on around the football field. Not possible if we didn't have a ex governor pass away and leave money. Rotary club gets 100% of the concessions and best I can tell haven't purchased anything for the team since the building of the stadium in 1971. Granted they give a small portion back to the athletic fund. Next time you drive by the field study the light poles, the electric company refuses to change out lights because the poles are so unsafe. Last time they did they used the bucket truck to support the pole while the guy climbed it.

Walk into the gym and look around, you'll see stat boards for the girls who've scored 1000 points or rebounds. Go into basketball locker rooms, girls have couches and carpet, boys wooden bench and busted up lockers. Check out the weight room, cant believe we've only had one child get mersa from that place. What I'm throwing another tantrum as Hevy says, is Dresden high School is just like Gleason High everything revolves around girls basketball. The admin wont make janitors go clean the weight room or field house but you can bet girls locker room is clean. Dresden has had more state football players in the last five or six years than I can remember. This past year had two all state, six-eight district players, four all west TN players, two in west TN all star game and one that played in KY vs TN all star game. Where is their recognition? Where is the jersey of Hutcherson who was nominated for Mr. Football? Where is the name of Slusher and his four years of college played? Take a look in Gleason's gym at what I like to call the wall of Willy T, look at Union City's gym and the pictures of athletes back to the 20's who played at the next level. 

Ok I'm done beating up my little brother and throwing a tantrum. Good luck Coach Rang and Dresden Lions. Hope this years team gets the support they need.

Edited by ysoangry

Here is my problem with all this keep supporting our team that everyone keeps saying. First of all go to a QB club meeting and see all the support they get from Dresden and the community. You will see the same 10-12 people that are always there. Less than half of the football player parents even belong to the club. If it wasn't for them our team would've had to drive up at the state championship game in a regular school bus that might or might not have made it there. Look at all the great things going on around the football field. Not possible if we didn't have a ex governor pass away and leave money. Rotary club gets 100% of the concessions and best I can tell haven't purchased anything for the team since the building of the stadium in 1971. Granted they give a small portion back to the athletic fund (after taking it away from the football team cause presidents wife was cheer coach) Next time you drive by the field study the light poles, the electric company refuses to change out lights because the poles are so unsafe. Last time they did they used the bucket truck to support the pole while the guy climbed it.

Walk into the gym and look around, you'll see stat boards for the girls who've scored 1000 points or rebounds. Go into basketball locker rooms, girls have couches and carpet, boys wooden bench and busted up lockers. Check out the weight room, cant believe we've only had one child get mersa from that place. What I'm throwing another tantrum as Hevy says, is Dresden high School is just like Gleason High everything revolves around girls basketball. The admin wont make janitors go clean the weight room or field house but you can bet girls locker room is clean. Dresden has had more state football players in the last five or six years than I can remember. This past year had two all state, six-eight district players, four all west TN players, two in west TN all star game and one that played in KY vs TN all star game. Where is their recognition? Where is the jersey of Hutcherson who was nominated for Mr. Football? Where is the name of Slusher and his four years of college played? Take a look in Gleason's gym at what I like to call the wall of Willy T, look at Union City's gym and the pictures of athletes back to the 20's who played at the next level. 

Ok I'm done beating up my little brother and throwing a tantrum. Good luck Coach Rang and Dresden Lions. Hope this years team gets the support they need.

GREAT POST!!  Your post had nothing to do with Hodge or Rang but it's right on the money. There's the problem and it won't get better any time soon. What you speak of is well known in coaching circles.

Here is my problem with all this keep supporting our team that everyone keeps saying. First of all go to a QB club meeting and see all the support they get from Dresden and the community. You will see the same 10-12 people that are always there. Less than half of the football player parents even belong to the club. If it wasn't for them our team would've had to drive up at the state championship game in a regular school bus that might or might not have made it there. Look at all the great things going on around the football field. Not possible if we didn't have a ex governor pass away and leave money. Rotary club gets 100% of the concessions and best I can tell haven't purchased anything for the team since the building of the stadium in 1971. Granted they give a small portion back to the athletic fund (after taking it away from the football team cause presidents wife was cheer coach) Next time you drive by the field study the light poles, the electric company refuses to change out lights because the poles are so unsafe. Last time they did they used the bucket truck to support the pole while the guy climbed it.

I agree with some of your post. But as a player, It was always the job of the players to make sure that their stuff was cleaned whether it be the weightroom or the locker room.  Also there is a big difference in the work that goes into keeping any football building cleaned compared to that of a basketball locker room.  As the recognition of former players in specific sports, Jonathon may have had something to do with the girls having that stuff up because he has coached some of them.  The Hodges are fairly new to the school and could have done some research to find out who was a four sport athlete in any sport.  Also are you Bruce's dad, because you only name him specifically.  There have been others to play.  I do like what Union City does with their college athletes.  I just dont know where they would put them in Dresden's Gym.  Also stats for girls basketball is very easy to determine and limited.  Points and Rebounds. For football you can do touchdown (passes and rushing and receiving and total) tackles, tackle for loss, sacks, pancakes, interceptions, receptions.  Because if you leave one out then someone will be mad.

I agree with some of your post. But as a player, It was always the job of the players to make sure that their stuff was cleaned whether it be the weightroom or the locker room. Also there is a big difference in the work that goes into keeping any football building cleaned compared to that of a basketball locker room. As the recognition of former players in specific sports, Jonathon may have had something to do with the girls having that stuff up because he has coached some of them. The Hodges are fairly new to the school and could have done some research to find out who was a four sport athlete in any sport. Also are you Bruce's dad, because you only name him specifically. There have been others to play. I do like what Union City does with their college athletes. I just dont know where they would put them in Dresden's Gym. Also stats for girls basketball is very easy to determine and limited. Points and Rebounds. For football you can do touchdown (passes and rushing and receiving and total) tackles, tackle for loss, sacks, pancakes, interceptions, receptions. Because if you leave one out then someone will be mad.

I totally agree with your post. It is the players responsibility to keep their area clean. But the bathrooms should be cleaned by staff.

I don't think I'm Bruce's dad but he was just one that came to mind that played 4 years of college ball. I understand how difficult it could be with football but something should be done. I'm not against the admin but its obvious there is some bias at the school. I hope coach rang works out I figure 3 or 4 and done or until dresser is gone but good things could happen in that period of time.