Keith Hodge steps down at Dresden...

RegisP90X

Guest hevyrevy1611

Absolute best hire you guys could of got. Interviewed him a couple of times at Powell. I was shocked a bigger program didn't give him a shot before now. Mistakes were made at Powell, but I don't think anything intentional happened and he definitely learned from it.

Good luck to Dresden and Coach Rang.

We sure hoping for best FreeAgent. Around here it was a big shock that the current asst. didn't get it, Chad Hodge, who had great credentials and record himself, and "99%" of folk wanted him, but looking at Rang's credentials and all, he is only one possible that could have trumped the coach we had and whom we all thought was a shoe-in. And Coach Rang (and others) will soon realize, though 1A class (smaller program), our Dresden Lions can compete with anyone, any class.. hearts of champions who expect to win and are willing to pay the price to do so. .. this attitude thanks to the program built by several of our recent coaches (esp. Hewett & then Hodge brothers). Coach Rang has great stuff to build upon and take us to the next level: an elite, always in hunt for gold ball type team (like his HS alma mater). After the "surprise" of this choice wearing off, methinks the excitement is truly increasing around here as we realize the calibre of coach we did get. Our existing coach was top-tier indeed, and coach Rang seems to be as well. I trust the collective wisdom of decision makers who picked Rang and believe time will prove it will be a great fit for everyone. Big surprises come in small packages (like dominating powerhouse "dynasties" even amongst 1A schools), which that has to start sometime, somewhere, so why not right here, right now at Dresden under Coach Rang, a"young gun" who has potential to be a coaching legend like his mentors.. why not, eh? Again, the foundation laid for him and the raw materials ARE definitely here to accomplish such a rare feat, so I say.. LET'S DO THIS!!! ARRGGG! Let the era of Coach Derek Rang begin! The sky is the limit.. GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY! :) <if we gonna have dreams and ambitions, why not make it the BEST, highest goals possible?>

We sure hoping for best FreeAgent. Around here it was a big shock that the current asst. didn't get it, Chad Hodge, who had great credentials and record himself, and "99%" of folk wanted him, but looking at Rang's credentials and all, he is only one possible that could have trumped the coach we had and whom we all thought was a shoe-in. And Coach Rang (and others) will soon realize, though 1A class (smaller program), our Dresden Lions can compete with anyone, any class.. hearts of champions who expect to win and are willing to pay the price to do so. .. this attitude thanks to the program built by several of our recent coaches (esp. Hewett & then Hodge brothers). Coach Rang has great stuff to build upon and take us to the next level: an elite, always in hunt for gold ball type team (like his HS alma mater). After the "surprise" of this choice wearing off, methinks the excitement is truly increasing around here as we realize the calibre of coach we did get. Our existing coach was top-tier indeed, and coach Rang seems to be as well. I trust the collective wisdom of decision makers who picked Rang and believe time will prove it will be a great fit for everyone. Big surprises come in small packages (like dominating powerhouse "dynasties" even amongst 1A schools), which that has to start sometime, somewhere, so why not right here, right now at Dresden under Coach Rang, a"young gun" who has potential to be a coaching legend like his mentors.. why not, eh? Again, the foundation laid for him and the raw materials ARE definitely here to accomplish such a rare feat, so I say.. LET'S DO THIS!!! ARRGGG! Let the era of Coach Derek Rang begin! The sky is the limit.. GO LIONS! #1 ALL THE WAY! :) <if we gonna have dreams and ambitions, why not make it the BEST, highest goals possible?>

Exchanged texts with Coach Rang today. I'll have him on the Friday Night Main Event just as I had Coach Hodge numerous times. Last time I spoke to Coach Rang, he holds dear to him the values taught to him by my friend George Quarles. He WILL be a popular guy there if your fan base give him a chance. You'll be surprised at his football IQ and he'll definitely make a believer out of the kids!

The only problem that I see with your post is the part left out...I said earlier that the only reason to be lingering over the choice would be if the administration had a "target" coach that they were waiting for...looks to me like they had one. Rang has to be counted already as one of the best in the west from background alone, the only potential downside being that he isn't a hometown guy, and success breeds bigger offers. No disrespect at all but Rang has inherited the perfect vehicle to land him a top tier job in a short while, provided he wins and keeps his nose clean. Dresden is good enough to be taken up a level by a coach of Rang's caliber already, and frankly, the only reason that he was available was the question of his character...put in a couple of years with no incidents, make some serious noise in postseason, and the chance will be there for him to go bigger/better/closer to home. Embrace the hire, back the team, and enjoy the ride...somewhere in the near future the search may be on again, but the program should be in a great place then too.  

Exchanged texts with Coach Rang today. I'll have him on the Friday Night Main Event just as I had Coach Hodge numerous times. Last time I spoke to Coach Rang, he holds dear to him the values taught to him by my friend George Quarles. He WILL be a popular guy there if your fan base give him a chance. You'll be surprised at his football IQ and he'll definitely make a believer out of the kids!

I have told them that. Have known him for 3/4 of his life. Good young man and parents and siblings are solid. Good man for the Lions

If Coach Quarles is a mentor to Rang Dresden has a for real winner in him!!!