Keith Hodge steps down at Dresden...

RegisP90X

You know I understand if they decide they won't give the job to chad cause they are worried, but why risk giving the job to a known cheater. This has nothing to do with supporting the kids. I support the kids and actually feel sorry because the administration has proven they could care less about the kids. If they win state in next 4 years I look like dumb ####. If this coach doesn't and leaves the program in shambles its what some people deserve. Like I said I support the kids but not the administration. Butchie, dubruiel, or Noah would've been just fine. Oh well maybe we will get our ring

I was told rang got the job. Sorry Dresden fans but I refuse to support a guy who let his players cheat to pass a class. I would've supported anyone with the kids best interest but can't this guy. Good luck Lion's. I'm now a Murray high supporter!!! Same colors so it won't cost so much to convert. Might jump on rebel band wagon, good people in McKenzie.

Where did you get your information that Coach Rang let his players cheat to pass a class? The public information on his situation at Powell state he left the classroom (had an instant bathroom pain hit him according to a quote I read) during a state test. He obviously should not have done this and it looks like he owned up to his mistake and resigned and took responsibility (he wasn't fired). There is a big difference between helping football players cheat to pass as you are implying and having an emergency and leaving the classroom unattended for 5 mins.

Also, I have quietly sat back and watched you bash our administration for 50 pages now. I would love for you to list your qualifications in this thread for us all to dissect. I'm assuming by administration you are referring to Mr. West, Mr. Kelly & Mr. Frazier. Let's compare their qualifications to yours and then decide who is more qualified to determine what is best for our kids in Dresden. I'm just guessing at their qualifications as I don't know them exactly but I would guess this is pretty close: 3 bachelor's degrees in education, 3 master's degrees in education/administration, 80+ years of experience in education and administration as well as 4 of the counties total 6 state championships over the 100+ years of competing for state championships across various sports in Weakley county's history.

Do you not think they probably investigated the isolated incident of Coach Rang's and probably talked to administrators in East Tn that know exactly what happened? Do you not believe if they weren't 100% confident that this was an isolated incident and didn't receive positive feedback from the people he worked for previously that they would have hired him out of the 30 applicants?

I've done a little research on Coach Rang and I think we, as Dresden fans, should thank Keith Hodge for getting our program to a point to attract somebody with Coach Rang's resume: 3 time state champion as a player, 4 year college football player, D coordinator at a 5A school that set a TSSAA record for turnovers created (and I believe his teams won 10+ games both seasons he was a coordinator) and as a head coach of a 5A school he lead his team to the final 4 in the state. Once he left Powell, he was hired as a college coach at Carson Newman college so now has college coaching experience also on his resume. 

I think we, as a community, should be thankful that Coach Rang has thought enough of our community, kids and situation to come across the state for an opportunity to be our head coach. He is not at fault for Chad Hodge not getting hired and he doesn't deserve to be punished for it. The kids also don't deserve to be punished by having people state they will no longer support them because they didn't get their way.  

It's time for us as a community to rally around the kids, support coach Rang and get ready to support them as they prepare to compete for a state championship in the very near future.

Go Lions!!!

This disappointment has nothing to do with the kids. The administration didn't do what's best for the program or the players. Good luck to the new coach. He's not at fault either. I hope he does well. The administration has put him in a horrible position. Hodge was the best choice and his support was very strong. It should've been an easy choice. The administration made a mistake. That doesn't mean the new coach isn't good. But this is ridiculous.

How do you know what is best for the program or the players?  How do you know Hodge was a better choice than Coach Rang? Have you compared their resumes?  Chad Hodge helped his brother take our program to new heights and we should be forever grateful for the work he put in but even if you take out the antics of Chad from the equation i'm not sure how on paper you can know for sure Chad is the best option. 

I do know that Derek Rang was hired to be the head coach of a 5A school coming off a state championship appearance and when he left became a paid, full time assistant college coach. The same can't be said for Chad....

Glad to hear that ya'lls wait is over but, not understanding why Chad wasn't chosen. Rang has good credentials as a coach even though he definitely made some teaching mistakes in a big way and got in trouble for it. I hope for ya'll that part of his past stays in the past. Any of ya'll that want to jump on the Rebel bandwagon are welcome but then you'll have to deal with the ever popular "talent sucking helmet". LOL But then ya'll can learn to not like Huntingdon along with Westview!!! LOL

Personally I think Rang will be a good hire for Dresden even though not the "popular" choice of the community right now.

Edited by duckman38201

Guys I wanted chad as our next head coach and that's no secret. I believe he was the best choice and I'm proud my son has had four years with Keith and Chad. I'm not a fan of the admin and I'll tell them that face to face. I wish the lions the best and hope rang is the second coming some people think he is. I'm not bashing the guy without doing my research. 5 schools in 8 years and didn't step down because of bathroom pain. Doesn't matter Dresden isn't my graduating school. Its my kids so I don't have ties besides the friends I have there and their kids. I'll support the kids and my friends, the rest good luck to you and coach rang

Edited by ysoangry

Guys I wanted chad as our next head coach and that's no secret. I believe he was the best choice and I'm proud my son has had four years with Keith and Chad. I'm not a fan of the admin and I'll tell them that face to face. I wish the lions the best and hope rang is the second coming some people think he is. I'm not bashing the guy without doing my research. 5 schools in 8 years and didn't step down because of bathroom pain. Doesn't matter Dresden isn't my graduating school. Its my kids so I don't have ties besides the friends I have there and their kids. I'll support the kids and my friends, the rest good luck to you and coach rang

We know, you have made it clear over, and over and over for 50 pages now. The administration is easily accessible so at any time feel free to tell them to their face and be done with it and stop making this about your personal feelings about someone on here and not what is truly important which is the kids at Dresden.

It is time to support the Lions and get ready for a very bright future!

http://www.coacht.com/boards/index.php/topic/228510-powells-hc-rang-on-admin-leave/page-11?hl=%20rang

Here is a thread on what happened with Coach Rang at Powell. Seems like there was a lot of support for him from their community and everyone associated with the Powell program wanted him to return and he resigned by his own choice to take another coaching opportunity after the superintendent there at his school took too long to make a decision. This thread, from local people that knew what was going on at the time, paints a much different picture of what happened than some people in this thread would have lead us to believe by throwing the "cheater" term around when it doesn't appear it is accurate.

It also appears that he is a highly regarded coach in the entire eastern part of the state. If you search for the term "rang" in the 5 & 6A forum, there are numerous posts from fans of several different schools that have praised his coaching and teaching ability in several different threads.

Sounds like we hired a heck of a coach and i'm excited to see what he has in store for our guys! 

Edited by DTownFan68

I don't know what the big hoopla is about Coach Rang. He is a good, young coach, who made a mistake and owned it. Dresden should be lucky to be getting someone of that caliber. I don't think he'll be there for more than 3 years before he goes back East (home) though. My friends from that area says he'll run a very tight ship on and off the field and is very disciplined. A fellow East TN coach says he doesn't play politics and he doesn't get influenced by the outside, which is a style he learned while in high school from his legendary coach. He may be the next one in line for Maryville in a few years as well.

Dresden should be excited and proud to get a Coach who knows the game, and won't make your administration/school look like a bunch of clowns.

He is a good hire. Not to stay long but good for there. And in high school, you leave your class during any test you know there will be some cheating so don't fool yourselves on his "mistake". Every EOC teacher knows better. Again, Can you text me dates times on schedule for baseball. Zach tossed schedule out window. Can you text me dates times on schedule for baseball. Zach tossed schedule out window. lesson learned and a second chance because he is a winner as a football guy.